What would you like to see in Lusternia for the New Year?

2»

Comments

• A new way to resolve enemy statuses that doesn't involve a biased or outdated player controlled resolution. Perhaps something timed. So we don't have people waiting for irl weeks or even months in an attempt to resolve statuses but players can implement a task to quicken the process but a standard fine and period of time with intent to resolve made clear to the Org or what not. 
  • A new way to resolve enemy statuses that doesn't involve a biased or outdated player controlled resolution. Perhaps something timed. So we don't have people waiting for irl weeks or even months in an attempt to resolve statuses but players can implement a task to quicken the process but a standard fine and period of time with intent to resolve made clear to the Org or what not. 
    The thing which seems to have most complicated enemy status in game has been admin in their god roles. It is pretty much entirely because of this the enemy status is a bit of a mess and landmine to navigate. While there is a lot of RP justification for this happening, I don't know if it is overall good for the game.
  • We have dead orders with people who can't physically get unenemied in glom due to no active players with a high enough rank or active gods in glom.

We pretty much just have to ignore some gods enemy statuses. Get rid of their shrines and just pretend the enemy status doesn't exist really.
  • Deichtine said:
    We have dead orders with people who can't physically get unenemied in glom due to no active players with a high enough rank or active gods in glom.

We pretty much just have to ignore some gods enemy statuses. Get rid of their shrines and just pretend the enemy status doesn't exist really.
    Not sure if it works for you, but what I've done in the past is collect 10k (more if the offense was severe) and track in a project that the city was holding a 10k bond in trust for that Order until such time as the Order/Deity contacted the City Leader and then unenemy them.
  • Seconding:

1. Support for RP
    • Please make RPWHO ON something we can toggle on permanently instead of having to do it every time we log on
    • Please do some small RP events two or three times a month! Just a few RL days at a time in 1 or 2 orgs, nothing wild, but something to help us flex our RP muscles and give me some FOMORP when I'm AFK
    • If it is not feasible to have at least 1 active RP-focused deity per nation, please allow cross-nation worship

2. Support for newbies
    • Please definitely change the system where people on other planes aren't listed on WHO / CWHO / GWHO, which makes us look dead
    • Please work on making very clear the difference btw class skills usable for PK and NOT for mobs, usable for mobs and NOT for PK, or usable for both. This is crucial info in choosing the right class for your gaming style, but rn is unclear for newbies
    • When something changes in the game, please consider having a staff member responsible for updating the HELP files quickly. Misleading info on files that are many months out of date or missing files on important game features has been a big issue for newbies/returnees who come to me with qs
    • Updating and revamping the newbie guide on the wiki to be comprehensive and intuitive – this is mainly a wish I have for volunteers incl. myself to improve on

3. More intricate PvE combat
    • LOVE autocuring and simplification of combat, but on the other hand it also highlights how much bashing is a button mashing grind. Making it an engaging minigame where you have to stay on your toes would make me login a lot more and spend more time online

Thank you SO much to Lusty staff & volunteers for staying excellent in 2018:
    • As a player I've seen admin respond very quickly and with enormous care, generosity, and flexibility to our concerns, whether or not we're paying players. Estarra Herself is on it all the time! Thank you!
    • Lyraa was a super cool year-long event! Thank you!
    • Just wow re: the incredible new newbie intro and the work that's being done to make the game more accessible to newbies. Thank you!
    • 90% of my bugs literally get fixed IMMEDIATELY. What even. Thank you!
    • I witnessed someone possess a denizen months ago, and I'm still crazy about how utterly rad and surreal that was. The attention to detail was tremendous. Thank you!
    • Spindle is a revelation. The volunteer/s behind Spindle graciously endure my 24/7 question dumping. Thank you!
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • edited February 2019
    My wish for the year? Reduce what is required to be done in guild requests. The system is great but between the admins that volunteer having lives, jobs, and other things they are asked to do, they don't always have time to fill these out .. as some got pointed out earlier, even for other orgs that I'm not familiar with.

I can edit this list later but:

1) Changing positions
         a) Creating/Deleting positions
         b) Changing a name of a position
         c) Changing position permissions

2) Changing ranks
         a) Changing a name of a rank
         b) Changing rank permissions

3) Paths
         a) Creating/Deleting paths
         b) Changing a name of a path

These are already a fixed gold cost, so we could, in suggestion, make it a guild leader command (much like the request is) to alter these and have to CONFIRM at the end to agree, like ASHOP purchases, for the effect to take place and draw from the guild coffers. This would expedite the process of a large number of requests that I've heard of and would leave the request system for larger tasks that would actually require either coding attention or other projects that aren't just editing a field in the database row.
  • Lycidas said:
    My wish for the year? Reduce what is required to be done in guild requests. The system is great but between the admins that volunteer having lives, jobs, and other things they are asked to do, they don't always have time to fill these out .. as some got pointed out earlier, even for other orgs that I'm not familiar with.

I can edit this list later but:

1) Changing positions
         a) Creating/Deleting positions
         b) Changing a name of a position
         c) Changing position permissions

2) Changing ranks
         a) Changing a name of a rank
         b) Changing rank permissions

3) Paths
         a) Creating/Deleting paths
         b) Changing a name of a path

These are already a fixed gold cost, so we could, in suggestion, make it a guild leader command (much like the request is) to alter these and have to CONFIRM at the end to agree, like ASHOP purchases, for the effect to take place and draw from the guild coffers. This would expedite the process of a large number of requests that I've heard of and would leave the request system for larger tasks that would actually require either coding attention or other projects that aren't just editing a field in the database row.

That was my biggest issue when leading the Listeners was not having the ability to do that myself without having to go through the patron for it. As a side note, if I recall correctly when naming positions it must always begin with either "a" or "an" due to coding and other backend issues that may arise from it if doesn't begin with those. 
    <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.lusternia.com/banner/minkahmet.jpg">https://www.lusternia.com/banner/minkahmet.jpg</a>
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited February 2019
    Minkahmet said:
    That was my biggest issue when leading the Listeners was not having the ability to do that myself without having to go through the patron for it. As a side note, if I recall correctly when naming positions it must always begin with either "a" or "an" due to coding and other backend issues that may arise from it if doesn't begin with those. 
    I haven't heard that?  We have a position that doesn't begin with an "a" or "an" or "the" and haven't run into problems with it.
  • Sounds like problems could be avoided with a protective if function to check the string for begins 'a' as an example. If the guild lead makes the mistake of doing a Unleashed (example only) then they can pay the gold cost to fix their own mistake.