Treasure Maps

2»

Comments

• I'm into getting fortune cookies or non-consumable promo items (genie curio pieces? Fraction of a piece of coal?)
  • I don't think they'll do a chance for fortune cookies or fortune cookie items unless they change how they work. As it stands, if you keep putting them in the wheel, you eventually get coins.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • So make the Wheel not turn cookie items into coins. It's not like that would be an unprecedented change, given all that's happened recently. If the penalty needs to remain, the cookie items can occasionally turn into a small amount of goop, around whatever the tradein value of those items is (pretty low, iirc)
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • edited January 2019
    It's a simple solution either way. The issue I was conveying is that wheel only temp buffs/promo items is unsatisfactory to me without any means to get coins IG. *waves magic wand and divorces all of it from the wheel/coin issue entirely*
  • Ixion does make a fair point and its a point to bring up for preempting the issues of going free to play.

We have 2 currencies(3 if you count wonder crystals) and numerous promo items that are important to the game and game play.

We need ways for people to earn both these currencies and items in game come free to play.

What that means is we need some way that we can generate genies bits/other curios at a good pace.

We are going to need new ways to in game generate credits, goods, curios, crystals. At a much higher pace as you can now.
  • I would have preferred a buyout offer on existing items. Yes, I know it seems crazy but hear me out.

Curios were sold for credits, so their value was in credits. whether you bought to rub (many times), or bought to trade, you had something valued in credits.  Now, curios are goop, so their  implied value is goop, which means they HOLD NO VALUE.  I would rather an offer to trade the altered curios for credits, as there is no an abundance of supply compared to demand potentially, especially when there is a cap on goop gains of 50 (which is less than 1 full set of genies). 
  • Idea :

Replace the goop craftable rewards with random curio bits.

• It should be brought up that some of these items apparently were sold to players for cash with the knowledge that players would no be able to use them in the way they expected to.
  • Steingrim said:
    It should be brought up that some of these items apparently were sold to players for cash with the knowledge that players would no be able to use them in the way they expected to.
    so you're saying there was some kind of fraud or bait and switch? That's somewhat of a serious accusation
  • edited January 2019
    I think there's a difference between saying "This is starting to look like X and we should discuss that" and "I'm hereby accusing you of X"

ETA: In my heart of hearts I don't believe there's been a racket, but alternative explanations are starting to require an uncomfortable level of mental gymnastics. Quite a few people's trust in this game/godmin/whatever has been damaged pretty thoroughly by all this, and who do we serve by not pulling that full ugly issue out into the open and hashing it out? Market last night looked like some horrific text pastiche of the Wall Street crash, the Biblical Exodus, and the last hour of Titanic. There are serious conversations left to be had, whether we like them or not.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say that I'm pretty damn sure that no admin at any time came up with a promo with the thought that after they released it, they were going to nerf it into the ground intentionally. Let's not forget that Lusternia is a business, and wouldn't have lasted as long as it did if the admin went out of their way to intentionally screw people.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Er, am I being accused of something?

I'm thinking over the curios in maps or maybe other generating items...
  • Genies  have a use still with their vital buff.

Poteens, maps and urtraps are really really bad now they don't give decent rewards.

If they gave out random curio bits or something similar that'd make them potentially attractive. I do also think that it may be worth looking into simply retiring some of them and giving a credit value refund as another option if we can't get them giving out decent rewards.
  • Honestly, I'd still rather the option to trade in some curios that are being changed. More than 12 genies is meh, even random curio pieces just creates the same issue. You can get goop from rubbing them, but there is already an excess of many curios.

To give idea of the pain of the change:
    If you have 50 bottles, the 38 after the first 12 give you 38 goop a day..... period. 
    If you solve 100 maps, it'll take 2 hours or more, after which you will have....... a lot of craftables you can't sell or reasonably use.
    If you sip 20 poteen..... actually I don't have any poteen right now.

I'd love a chance to sell curios back to Lusternia to get credits out of them, since their value is basically depleted, the value of the items has dropped 80-90% or so. I could restore some of my value, reduce goop bloating, and pop some items. 

@Estarra, There was concern that things were sold in cash and changed to have no value (retirement or cash) after the fact. I do not believe that was an accusation, as no one believes that is the goal, it may have just been a result. 

On a random note, can Lusternia offer credits at a price point to mitigate some of the panic sales? I know it is generally policy to not take action, but 42,000 gold per credit is likely to scare off new players. For a month or two, until prices seem to stabilize.