Quest/Hunting Consumable Curio sets.

All these have limited uses. Up to the admin if they crumble or if in some cases away or remain without charges at the end.

Bonus: Most of these could have a new curio syntax that allows you to ‘put’ a curio bit inside the curio to add charges (say 5 charges per curio bit).

I’d like to suggest consumable curio sets gained though hunting/questing. This would be a like the vermin curio cheese bits and drop at about every 300 kills.

Chameleon of <Nature, Chaos, Harmony, etcetera> Karma: Rub curio to gain specific karma blessing, karma drain still applies. 20 uses. Gives 20 percent Karma on rub.

Shieldmaiden of Avechna: Grants a random Shield Shrine power.

Medic of Avechna: Grants a random Healing Shrine power.

Clockwork Falcon: Activate to summon falcon. Order falcon to hunt. Falcon hunts vermin in the local area.

Shadowy Spy: Place spy in room. Spy reports in tells any denizens which enter.

Fireworks Launchers (RP): Various curios each with a burst of flash to amaze your friends and enemies.

King Babblefish (various types): Understand and use a single language for 1 day or just have one type and understand all languages.

Gnomish Ship in a bottle (one for each bubble): Travel to or from an aether bubble of that type. Once per day. 25 uses.

Letter of Marque and Reprisal: Instantly give yourself a one month amnesty for the area. Does not apply on areas with a nexus. 20 uses.

Siren Flower: Plant flower to use. Flower screams out the names of anyone entering the local area for 1 day. This yell is broadcast to all in local area, including those entering. 25 uses.

Kiakoda’s Acorn: Plant this to make a tree in your room. 25 uses.

Navagator’s Map Fragment: Activate Fragment to set target room. Touch fragment to return to target room (fires 8 seconds after touch). User and target room must be in the same spot. * If the fires 8 seconds after touch does not work out due to insta concerns, it should probably work like hermit but without the empty room requirement (as that doesn’t make IC sense for this). 20 uses, 1xmonth.

Curio Eggs (RP). Complete to hatch a minipet. Minipet lasts 1 game year. Curio 20 charges.

Magician curios: Each does one stage magic trick. 25 uses.

Prop curios (RP): These items can be dropped in a room to add atmosphere. Probably should last more than a day. Example: Tables, chairs, fruit trees (pick tree to get fruit), wishing well (put gold in well to get ambient), firepit (pluck firepit, "You snatch a hot s'more..."), etc. 

Miniature Stage (RP): Gives a short play. Example: A Shadow Lantern casts shadows on the floor around the lantern recounting the story of a crow outsmarting wolf.

Tiny Dwarven Juggler (RP): Drop and hand up to five items then CLAP JUGGLER to activate (handing more than five causes the juggler to drop the first item in their list).

Volatile Flasks (rp): Sip flask then BREATHE AREA to release an dramatic illusion (Think Lord of the Rings smoke illusions. Example: Flask of Clouds releases a mist which forms into clouds which are then pierced by a dirigible. Water (a sailing ship crests a wave, before sailing off over the horizon), Fire (a dragon snarls then winks before fading), etc.

Comments

• The volatile flasks would be like the pipe that does the smoke images?
  • Ooo, these sound fun!

Might be worth it to make different mobs contribute to the 300 curio-dropping threshold in different increments, tho. Low level mobs like Shallach orcs would be 0.01 each, an aetherspace creature or an astral creature more like 1 or 2. That way people wouldn't be incentivized to overhunt to farm curios, esp in easy areas that newbies would normally be using. Same reasons why experience isn't 1:1.

Also might be useful to add a mechanic to get rid of an unwanted curio easily without forcing the owner to use it, otherwise people might just drop it and cause a lot of clutter over time. Same with adding a mechanic by which the curio decays if it's not picked up so there aren't unwanted items lying around.
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • Bairloch said:
    The volatile flasks would be like the pipe that does the smoke images?
    Yes, or like the fireworks.
  • Devora said:
    Ooo, these sound fun!

Might be worth it to make different mobs contribute to the 300 curio-dropping threshold in different increments, tho. Low level mobs like Shallach orcs would be 0.01 each, an aetherspace creature or an astral creature more like 1 or 2. That way people wouldn't be incentivized to overhunt to farm curios, esp in easy areas that newbies would normally be using. Same reasons why experience isn't 1:1.

I wouldn't want to make it difficult to the point that newer and lower players are excluded from the system.

I think one of the things that Lusternia lacks is mob drops and this helps to address that.

If you do something like a points system, then I don't think it should be based entirely on creature level, else then you start penalizing higher characters from doing things like village quests, which IMO probably need more encouragement.

That said what you can do is something where you add (monster level / 0.5 or so) to character level which would give players better chances to hunt higher level monsters. I forget how IRE does denizen levels, but some adjustment could be made. But it shouldn't be so severe that it feels like you're being punished to play.

It also probably should be the case that these curios are placed in range categories. Perhaps three or four by denizen level and one as a 'very lucky roll can get anywhere'.

What I envision is it not being very practical to finish these yourself and players having to trade to complete them. This should enable players who are new to the game to get some reward from helping out the more well-established players.

It should also work a bit as a gold and credit sink by pulling credits from the more 'wealthy' and distributing them to the less wealthy.

It may spur the economy as if some credits are spread around then it may encourage people with almost but not quite enough credits for that 'shiny' to drop a few bucks to get the thing they're too impatient to wait to buy.

Devora said:
    Ooo, these sound fun!

Also might be useful to add a mechanic to get rid of an unwanted curio easily without forcing the owner to use it, otherwise people might just drop it and cause a lot of clutter over time. Same with adding a mechanic by which the curio decays if it's not picked up so there aren't unwanted items lying around.

Finished Curios are items, curio bits, the parts are virtual like credits, goop, and ikons. They wouldn't drop to the ground (unless the mechanic would be to put them inside a package you'd have to open).

The trading of bits can be done though the CURIOMARKET syntax. Ideally, players would be able to try to finish one or more curios themselves while selling or trading off ones they do not need. If the admin implemented something akin to the recharging ability I suggested, then even a bit could put some gold in the pocket of both new and casual players.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I'm interested in the idea of the minipets. What delineates them from regular pets other than transience?
  • Minipets like poteen burps? If so please no, those things were absolutely cluttering up everything for a while. 
  • You could add the ability to toss them into the Nexus for 1 power.
  • Dys said:
    You could add the ability to toss them into the Nexus for 1 power.
    IC, Bair could never support this.
    OOC, I think that's awesome and hilarious.
  • edited January 2019
    Rivius said:
    I'm interested in the idea of the minipets. What delineates them from regular pets other than transience?
    I'm sure every person and every dev would have their own take. But I was thinking more of an RP thing ranging from a regular type of pet to for instance for gaudi something like "an slothful emberling" which might encourage those around them to take things slow.

If the devs were concerned about clutter they could limit it to one per person.

Edited to add: It had been sometime since I started this thread. I think minipets was more of a "well lusternia doesn't really have theses and so they could go into this system which had a bit of a built in upkeep" (assuming you don't count curio cziginy pets).
  • And poteen pot animals