Simple Ideas

Comments

• Lavinya said:
    A way to see how you appear in a room! Ie stole/brooch/costumes etc. I know when you do a pose it shows up in STAT, could something similar be added for this? Especially for those of us who own multiple things it would be good to check what's showing.
    Only useful to Dreamers, but I just realised you can see yourself from your dreambody, so it's helpful for that subset of us, at least.
  • This has probably been said before.

But why not just have shop taxes for commune and city shops come out of a bank account? For auto payment. Or even out of the gold sitting in the shop.

Then I could basically just bug people about taxes when their bank account runs flat.
  • Allixea said:
    This has probably been said before.

But why not just have shop taxes for commune and city shops come out of a bank account? For auto payment. Or even out of the gold sitting in the shop.

Then I could basically just bug people about taxes when their bank account runs flat.
    I like that when somebody quits Lusty they haven't set up an auto-lol-tax-payment that slowly depletes their 50 million gold stockpile over the stretch of RL years, so that we can instead boot their deadbeat ass and make the shop available to a midbie who still has a twinkle in his eye.
  • Versalean said:
    Allixea said:
    This has probably been said before.

I like that when somebody quits Lusty they haven't set up an auto-lol-tax-payment that slowly depletes their 50 million gold stockpile over the stretch of RL years, so that we can instead boot their deadbeat ass and make the shop available to a midbie who still has a twinkle in his eye.
    There are more reasons than just taxes that can get a shop reclaimed by the city or commune. Like if a shop keeper cuts their thread I am not going to leave their shop until the taxes are built up.
  • The ability to view games of Fate if you're not playing them. Currently it's ony the people who are playing a game of Fate who can view the board / their hands. It would be nice to have a FATE VIEW GAME for non-players!!
  • Does this not work?

FATE VIEW <deck>                             Alternately, you can specify which
                                                 game to view by using the item 
                                                 number of its deck.
  • Enya said:
    Does this not work?

number of its deck.
    So it does! I'm just used to using FATE VIEW GAME, missed this one in reading. Thanks!
  • Anita said:
    Enya said:
    Does this not work?

number of its deck.
    So it does! I'm just used to using FATE VIEW GAME, missed this one in reading. Thanks!
    I wish you could just challenge yourself. Can you? Maybe I'm missing something here.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • edited December 2018
    Oh, I'd love if I could do that for Ikons too. Set up two gestalts and have practice games against myself. I always feel bad asking @Kistan to come play so I can learn what the heck I'm doing. I'm not a challenge at all.... yet.
  • Bairloch said:
    Oh, I'd love if I could do that for Ikons too. Set up two gestalts and have practice games against myself. I always feel bad asking @Kistan to come play so I can learn what the heck I'm doing. I'm not a challenge at all.... yet.

I am of course always happy to play for fun!
  • I would love it if all those denizens that only take things one at a time would take them all in bulk
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kistan said:
    I would love it if all those denizens that only take things one at a time would take them all in bulk

I think this is a non-simple-idea, unfortunately.  It all seems to be prog code, some area designers intentionally coded mobs with a delay and others did not.  Each mob that does it would probably need to be recoded individually, and tested to make sure the quest still works.

That said, sitting around waiting as you turn in one thing at a time is a bit silly.
  • There might be a good reason for this, so apologies if that's the case, but I'd love it if custom emotes didn't consume balance. Maybe switch it to a delay similar to the wait time between says.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited December 2018
    I'd like it if Crowns of Mastery didn't allow you to add Crowns already fused with it. It'd be nice if all the Astral ones grouped together on probe somehow too. Although I guess this is easy enough to take care of client-side...
  • Please add:

CURIO SUMMARY PARTIALS so we can get a summary of the curios we're currently working on.
    I was wondering if we could get a syntax to simply list all completed collections?
  • This already exists

CURIO LIST PARTIAL
    CURIO LIST COMPLETE
    edited December 2018
    For my suggestion, that does help you figure out what completed pieces in a collection you have, but when you have over a hundred completed curios it can get a bit messy. I was just wondering if we could have a simplified output that just goes

[Completed Curio collections]
    Yellow Genies
    Red Genies
    Green Bows

Etc.

It'll also be useful for mappers to detect collections easier and work in curio collections into their pathing. CURIO LIST COMPLETE becomes harder to regex match everything once you pass the maximum pagelength in completed curios.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Orael said:
    This already exists

CURIO LIST PARTIAL
    CURIO LIST COMPLETE
    But I do have an IDEA in that would give you a list of ones you've completed and ones you're missing (so if you had 3 scarlet genie bottles, for example, it would just show once on the "completed" list; or maybe show once, but with a count of 3 as an additional field).  That way a collector would have an easier way of identifying what they need to focus on.
    I was wondering if orgbix rooms and curiobix rooms could be added to the map xml?
  • I wish urtraps could be added to the artefact shop...save the walk up the hill to upgrade them
  • Bubblixes with a single synntax may be nice.

Because if I want to see which I have and which I need I have to go through them individually instead of just seeing a nice easy list. Basically I want to be able to do ii bubblix and see what I have.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yes +1 to including 'bubblix' as an alias for all bubblixes!

• edited February 2019
    Allow sensing of your cities nexus from inside a manse if it's connected or just the aetherplex if not. This would be a joyous thing for me, as I have a walk of around 10 rooms from some rooms in my manse to the front door. And otherwise would also prevent getting trapped on accident in someone elses manse.
  • Simple idea - SQUADTELLS command for history. We have a history for every other channel.
  • Pretty much every other channel is intended for more permanence than squads are. We don't have SHIPTELLS either as far as I can tell.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Then do those too! Would be nice to be able to see what someone said when text is flying across the screen without needing to scroll up as much.