A Cult of Mafia [Town Wins!]

edited February 2019 in Mafia Hideout
Welcome all to this latest game of Mafia, and a village with a dark secret!

The Rules: Copied from Portius this time. Please read them!

1. Votes or Day Powers MUST be in bold to count (ex. Vote Portius or I'm a Day Power)

2. Once a majority has been reached, the day ends. Anything that happens after a final vote will not happen, including unvotes to bring the target below the minimum threshold, unless a power explicitly allows this.

3. You are not allowed to post in the thread during the night phases.

4. You are not allowed to communicate with each other outside the thread unless your role specifically allows you to do this.

5. Once you are eliminated, you are not allowed to post in the thread during the day phase unless your role explicitly allows this.

6. You are not allowed to quote your role PM.

7. Do not discuss game details outside of the game.

8. If you go inactive, please let me know so I can find a replacement player. (Those interested in being a replacement player, please message me for a waitlist!)

9. You're not allowed to edit your posts. Doublepost instead if you want to clarify something.

10. You must be sportsmanlike. If you are rude or inflammatory to the point that the game ceases to be enjoyable for the rest of the players, I reserve the right to modvig you out of the game. Mafia may be a game about emotional manipulation and deceit, but it's still a game! Have fun with it. But most importantly, be respectful.

11. The game will end when either the town or the mafia have reached their victory condition.

12. Dayphases will last no longer than 72 hours. If three days go by without a lynch, the Nightphase will immediately begin.

13. Nightphases will last no longer than 24 hours. If night actions are not delivered at the end of the night phase, it will be read as no action.

One last note. As this game will feature alignment shifts I just want to remind everybody to please play to the best of your ability towards whatever your current win condition is. 

--------------

Those who remain:

1. Nylili
2. Devora
3. Sylandra
4. Arix
5. Lycidas
6. Coraline
7. Kistan
8. Lavinya

--------------

It is now Day 1!
The Day ends at 7pm Eastern Time on Sunday the 10th!

Comments

• I am here! Also I keep thinking Lehki's avatar is some dude with huge shoulder pads
  • It's me! Showing up and stuff
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • I am ready for villaging and secreting!
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • Hello, this is my first game so hopefully this goes well. After this post I'm going to focus more on the game itself than pleasantries. That being said, see ya tomorrow! (Day 2 ... hopefully)

VOTE ABSTAIN
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Hello hello hello!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Hello from me as well!
  • Hello, I am here! Let's keep this thing rollin' along ;)

VOTE: ABSTAIN
  • Votes:
    No Lynch(2): Lycidas, Nylili

With 8 remaining, it's 5 votes for the majority.

Day 1ends at 7pm Eastern Time on Sunday the 10th!
  • since we know literally nothing except that Devora is leaving secretions all over, I w will also vote: none
  • Okay me too vote none
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • I never like first day lynching vote: none
  • that's five @Lehki
  • Yep that it is Arix!

In their wisdom, the majority has decided that none shall die today. 

It is now Night 1!

Day 2 begins at 7 pm Eastern Time on Sunday the 10th!
  • Dawn rises on the seemingly peaceful Hamlet once more, and all 8 villagers rise with it with no obvious signs of foul play in the night it seems.

It is now Day 2! 
    With 8 alive it's 5 votes to reach majority.
    Day 2 ends at 7 pm Eastern Time on Wednesday the 13th
  • Well this seems fortunate, I'll take it! At the cost of sounding suspicious, anybody find something useful to the case?
  • oh this is pretty good, means most likely SOMEONE at least got helpful info

• Will the role list be posted (obviously not what everyone's role is but a list of possible roles and the number of roles, like for example 3 villagers 2 mafia and 1 doctor) so we can start from there, or are we just going in blindly?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ooof I don't seem to get pings from here anymore. Anyway Hi, I am here, wow it's day two, and my night was silent and peaceful.

• @Coraline Yep, going blind!
  • Well, on that information I can only think of a few options.

1) Cultist(s) didn't kill/convert, whatever the method.
    2) Cultist(s) -did- convert and that's what we need to watch for
    3) Target was protected, if that role exists
    4) Cultist(s) got blocked, if that role exists
  • Should've did this before I posted, but I re-read the rules and gleaned that option 1 is far less likely. We have no way of knowing if a conversion did happen so unless there's a vigilante of sorts, this is going to be a no kill game anyway.
  • I had a good nights sleep helped by someone putting a guard outside my door to protect me.
  • So we have a claim of protection. This lends credit to option three I mentioned, though I'm wary to the claim unless it can be confirmed.
    Lycidas said:
    Well, on that information I can only think of a few options.

1) Cultist(s) didn't kill/convert, whatever the method.
    2) Cultist(s) -did- convert and that's what we need to watch for
    3) Target was protected, if that role exists
    4) Cultist(s) got blocked, if that role exists
    I wonder if the cult has any killing abilities this go round since no one died. This could be a race against the clock where we are just trying to avoid a cult takeover.

Unless there’s a rogue serial killer or a vig out there, of course.

@Kistan do you know if you were protected from a hostile action? And if so, any insights on what type of action?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Nothing else seemed to happen so I do not know if I was protected or not

All I know is that as I was going to bed, I noticed a town guard stationed outside my door.
  • @Sylandra Glad we're on the same page, though it seems that this is a race against the clock. Time, unfortunately, is the only way we'll be able to tell. If and when Day 3 rolls around and still nobody dies, then we'll have our answer, that or a very patient killer giving us quite some freedom.

If we are in race mode, then we can assume that worst case scenario is three cult members, under the assumption that it started with two. If there is no killing still and another is converted, then Day 3 becomes quite a challenge. Best case scenario is one cult member started and got blocked, again if that role even exists. Personally my money is on worst case scenario so today we will need to gather what we can.
    @Nylili and @Devora anything to add?
    Daraius said:
  • Also @Lavinya and @Coraline for good measure. We're loosing time because people aren't checking in or speaking.
  • Nothing happened to me last night. I didn't say anything cause there was nothing to say
  • I received no messages last night, as far as I know nothing happened