A Cult of Mafia [Town Wins!]

Comments

• The problem we're having is that everybody is going to claim exactly that. We're possibly looking at 3 out of 8 being part of the cult which means if we're not communicating and trying to get reads, might as well just end the day and get along to losing faster.
  • So far, no one has claimed to guard kistan
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Just realized that guards would also keep quiet for their own protection
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Coraline said:
    Just realized that guards would also keep quiet for their own protection
    Yep!

With a lack of other options I’m going to vote Devora to remove lurkers. Any other ideas?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Devora if you don't say anything here in the next two hours I'll vote you 
  • Since we're possibly moving on this, I'd like to point out something just in case. If worst case scenario is true, voting off an innocent would then make Night 2 instant victory for them. With that said, I am in agreement that lurkers should be held accountable, but I won't vote just yet.
  • Whatever, this is my first game, i'll vote devora
  • Hi, sorry for the late checkin. I just got home from work, and usually can't post earlier than 2pm EST.

Nothing special happened to me Night 1. I have the ability to tell who visits me, so apparently no one did.

I don't see anyone else mentioning their abilities. The only person who has reported something is Kistan, who was apparently guarded. Did I miss someone?

We need to start giving at least a little bit of information about our abilities. Yes giving away too much information will let the cultists kill our guards and doctors, but if we have nothing to go on the bad guys are just going to incite us to kill townies.

If @Kistan is telling the truth, it's possible Kistan was targeted by the cultists and the guard saved him. Currently that's the only guess I have about what happened. I see @Lycidas's point that this is probably a no-kill game, but at the same time I doubt we would get absolutely zero information if someone was successfully targeted by the cultists. How would we have a fair chance of winning in that case?
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
    Unvote; vote Nylili

Nylili same deal, voting lurkers until we have all contributed.

I’m more inclined to believe that cult started with one player to balance how small this game is but I’m admittedly less familiar with cult setups.

Now here’s a question. Is it worth playing all our cards now by claiming and revealing everyone’s roles to stop the cult from spiraling? This will inform who the cult recruits tonight but I can see @Devora ‘s reasoning on better too soon than too late.

After all, our claims won’t change really... just our alignments will. This makes it different than typical mafia.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Sorry @Nylili thought it tagged above. Tagging here!
    Daraius said:
  • Votes:
    @Devora(1): Coraline
    @Nylili(1): Sylandra

With 8 remaining, it's 5 votes for the majority.

Day 2 ends at 7pm Eastern Time on Wednesday the 13th!
  • Is it too late to unvote? (Didn't know that was an option)
  • @Coraline

You can change your vote anytime before a majority vote is reached.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ok again my email settings or something, ugh. So I did check in and it's unfortunate i have nothing constructive to add. Lynching a lurker will at least give us information

Vote Nylili

• As Sylandra said, I am in the same camp as believing that it only started with one, but I play into worst case scenario because it is safer to do so. So far we know that nobody has died, there's a guard of some variety, and someone can see who visits them. Last one is really odd, as even if you do get to see who visits you, that really is only a power good for the cult. Normally I would say power roles go visit that individual to prove your claim...but the cult can just convert them too and now have all that information.

Our roles don't change and the powers they have don't change, just which side of the table we're playing for. Essentially, nobody visit the person that can see who visits them because it only hurts the town.
    We have about twelve hours now to vote I think. I don’t mind leaving my vote where it is because lurkers help mafia more than town.

I would rather not vote @Kistan because assuming he is telling the truth that increases the odds that we hit a cultist.

I’m not surprised we have a “see who visits” you role considering it makes them a very great cult recruitment option. Which is making me wonder if Devora is too dangerous to leave alive, because of @Lycidas ‘s point that it’s kind of moot for town. I could be persuaded to vote Devora for this reason.
    Daraius said:
  • Not that anyone can confirm, but I've been away because I hadn't any abilities to use and I thought somehow that the night would last longer. I slept safely somehow. And I wish I could contribute more to our considerations than that.

I'm not ready to vote as yet, though I could be convinced that Devora needs be prevented from becoming too powerful an enemy.
  • Well, lets weigh some options and possibly use logic.

1) Game started with 1 cultist, that is obviously going to have Night Powers to activate of some sort, recruited and now we're here.
    2) Game started with 2 cultists, one that obviously has Night Powers to activate, recruited and now we're here at 3.

Either way, the town getting a "I can see who visits me" kind of night power strikes me as odd, especially the fact that Kistan knew that someone visited them, not who, so it definitely seems like a weapon. On that note, I think we have our answer, and apologies if you truly are with the town, but that knowledge being available is a problem.

Vote: Devora
  • edited February 2019
    The above points make sense to me.

Vote Devora
    I’m going to be contrarian for a moment and say that if Devora was a cultist she has good reason to not share that information with us.

It feels like something a townie would do in an attempt to feel helpful, rather than something a cultist would do to draw attention.
    Daraius said:
    Also I fully believe that townies could start the game with useful pro-cult abilities - part of recruiting at night as a cultist is choosing the “best” candidates to turn to your side.

I don’t believe this is necessarily a “cultists only would start with this” deal. Self-watchers are an ability I’ve seen town have before.
    Daraius said:
  • Look, it's a weird power to me too. If I was mafia I would have made up something a lot more sensible and harder to disprove. I assume it has something to do with the theme of the game.

Other people's powers might help explain mine. At any rate I am literally the only one who has admitted anything about having powers, so I'm confused as to why that makes me suspicious. If I were mafia I would be taking advantage of everyone's silence so as not to expose myself.

The way we tell people are mafia in the game is by giving at least a little information about our powers. People whose powers make no sense or are disproven by the events of the nights can then be identified as suspects. Each turn we wait to start figuring out who we are, the mafia will try to incite us to kill people they know are townies.
    Arix said:
  • Votes:
    @Nylili (2): Sylandra, Lavin
    @Devora (2): Lycidas, Coraline

• Update:

Lehki 9:05AM
    Gonna clarify just in case you misunderstood, you won't know who targeted you, just that you were targeted

So that's interesting. If this is a no-kill game, maybe visits play an important role in the conversion process. 
    Arix said:
  • Just reporting in and I don't know.

I was thinking that now that everyone knows about it, @Devora will never be visited again so is not a threat that way unless she was visited on the first night, which Devora said did not happen.

Then I started thinking be that someone out there must be able to detect alignment and so there may be a need to visit Devora.

I think on the balance of probabilities, and lacking any further information, it is probably too powerful to leave and regretfully Vote: Devora

• Now, less regretfully, unvote
  • A reminder, and the only strike because Rule 6 didn't explicitly say any PM and she's new, but do not quote or even pretend to quote mod PMs. Only warning.
  • It is not that I believe Devora is the cult leader just because they have a self-watching power, that is some string theory to a whole new level. That may end up being the case and it more than likely will not be the case. The problem with her stating that nobody has visited her. It can be absolutely true! However, we are to play to our alignment, so if she was chosen on the first night, of course she would say nobody visited her.

The point of voting for Devora was to make sure such a useful power never became part of the cult, not that I think they currently are. HOWEVER, now that we were given clarification, I'm against voting them as well, as identities are not given. We're running out of time, who do we suspect?

Unvote
  • Votes:
    @Nylili (2): Sylandra, Lavin
    @Devora (1): Coraline

You have 9 hours left.
  • I'll unvote  now, but I'm so confused. I wish there was a beginning role list. I have zero power except voting power.