Order Realm GodMob Immunities

124»

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Also is it a bug that this new feature isn't active in certain god realms?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• It is not a bug. The implementation had been put on hold while we discussed the concerns raised in this thread and other places.
    Aha, gotcha. Thanks for the fast answer.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

>---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #325 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: The Oneiroi, Administrators of Fate Date: 2013-06-01 19:38:30

o Reset times for Godrealm mobs have been increased to 8 hours.

o Invincibility periods have been removed. All currently invincible mobs
       will return to normal over the next several game days.

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<

Good change, cuts down the frequency potential of raids, without removing conflict.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Thank you all for listening!
    edited June 2013
    Surprised they've kept the gold values in. Also hoping that Divines with smaller realms feel this is still enough to encourage them to want to increase their size and denizen count. I can appreciate why change was wanted, even if I disagreed with the implementation used to resolve the issue.

• Gold output is something you can still discuss, if you want. Is the problem that they give too much or that it encourages raiding?

I don't have the smallest realm, but I don't think there's any lack of impetus for us to work on expanding our godrealms. (When we have the time to do so.)
    Estarra said:
     Why should gods want to expand or make large realms if the repercussion is not an enjoyable experience for themselves and their orders?
    Perhaps I took the above line out of context, but I understood it that some Divines were offput by the idea of expansion because it encourages raiding.

And yes, while some raiders go in because of the conflict, for others it's just a really good place to bash/beg for gold.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Well, essentially every order has a "do not influence our mobs unless you're one of us. If you're one of us, make sure you're empowering".

So I imagine they accumulate pretty large amounts of gold.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Raezon said:
    Gold output is something you can still discuss, if you want. Is the problem that they give too much or that it encourages raiding?

I don't have the smallest realm, but I don't think there's any lack of impetus for us to work on expanding our godrealms. (When we have the time to do so.)
    It's a huge reason for raiding, because they give a lot of gold (500 at minimum, averaging 700 I believe).  But only certain realms do it, so raiders tend to gravitate to the realms that give excessive gold for clearing.

Especially the ones with a lot of mobs who all drop gold.  Farming them is quite profitable.
  • Rivius said:
    Well, essentially every order has a "do not influence our mobs unless you're one of us. If you're one of us, make sure you're empowering".

So I imagine they accumulate pretty large amounts of gold.
    Many orders don't patrol their realms very well, then, if this is true. I have never heard this, and I influence godrealms quite regularly.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Part of it is that empowering doesn't get you that gold, so they're gold sources only for people not in the Order (as the Order is expected to empower). If empowering them gave the gold they were carrying to the influencer, they wouldn't build up as much gold and would probably be cleared more often. Or just removing the gold would have no real effect on their benefit to the Order (although I admit some other Orders may have people who beg rather than empower, as it's nice gold).
    edited June 2013
    The gold definitely needs a cap, or removing all together.

Clearing E's realm in an hour for example should not result in pocketing 200k gold. It's not just the wrong incentive to want to raid a Godrealm, it's outright the best bashing are gold in game.