Daily Credits Coming Soon!

Comments

• If the majority of the playerbase are not interested in domoths because of the event itself perhaps there should be discussion on how to make domoths more inclusive or of more value to the majority of the playerbase. What is it about domoths that the majority of the playerbase dislikes? There have been changes that allow for ease of access to them through portals in the caves and now buttons, I am certain if further issues were brought to light about domoths they would consider further changes to entice the majority of the people to engage with the game.
  • Problems with domoths? Sure we can discuss that. They have a long lockout period which keeps them safe, which in and of itself is not a bad thing, what makes it a bgad thing is the manipulation of time to do them when nobody else is around. So when a population that could contest is about, it is in a dormant phase most of the time. Obviously there are exceptions but you can't honestly tell me that you see opposition when they're renewed over and over.
    Onto the actual skirmishes themselves, numbers are everything in this 'meta' of 'combat' (Yes I still refuse to call what happens PvP) where running around and mana insta-kills are the only strategies. Maybe the people who actually partake in this enjoy combat, but I know that myself and a lot more just roll our eyes because we know it's going to end the same way every time, there is no enjoyment.
    You want domoths to be 'fun' and contested? Make them available when people are able to contest and not just be swarm v swarm, where actual combat takes place.
  • There's a lot of other workable strategies than mana kill ones. If you like start a thread for combat advice. 
  • Back to org credits - when does a play count as produced?

When it is first recorded?
  • Lycidas said:
    Problems with domoths? Sure we can discuss that. They have a long lockout period which keeps them safe, which in and of itself is not a bad thing, what makes it a bgad thing is the manipulation of time to do them when nobody else is around. So when a population that could contest is about, it is in a dormant phase most of the time. Obviously there are exceptions but you can't honestly tell me that you see opposition when they're renewed over and over.
    Onto the actual skirmishes themselves, numbers are everything in this 'meta' of 'combat' (Yes I still refuse to call what happens PvP) where running around and mana insta-kills are the only strategies. Maybe the people who actually partake in this enjoy combat, but I know that myself and a lot more just roll our eyes because we know it's going to end the same way every time, there is no enjoyment.
    You want domoths to be 'fun' and contested? Make them available when people are able to contest and not just be swarm v swarm, where actual combat takes place.

The lock out period isn't that long. It isn't as if it is a RL days. What do you want an hour so someone can just keep doing it? How would that help? Having it be on adverage like 6-12 hours should be something you'd want as it means it can unlock when the person who upgraded isn't around to defend it and it can be absolved.

This manipulation of time is in large part just a feeling. While one person is unlikely to upgrade when there are four enemies around we often upgrade when the odds are a bout even as reflects combatants.

What actually has been going on is we've been purposely upgrading part of the time looking for a fight, only to find out that people like Eadai try to fight us while most of his alliance sits on his asses.

Much of the time when I upgrade I tell people they can hang back and show up if they see me die, just so if you all wanted to come kill me first you'd have that as an option.

Most of the upgrades done by our side are not in the wee hours of the night, but mornings and afternoons US time.

While timing has a large impact it is not the all or nothing your post suggest, as if that was true then any time a domoth fluxed during time favorable for your side then wouldn't you be able to hold it in the same way?

If numbers are it, then mag has often had the numbers so why doesn't it do better? 

This said, I wouldn't mind trying something like Chaos is hard to hold onto and randomly fluxes, but then there probably has to be something added to make it worth us taking the time to claim it unopposed.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited February 2019
    Chaos is one of the better domoths, actually.  If you made it flux on an RNG 12-24 hour window, but always be at crown level, it would be constant and would be worth nabbing even so (as long as it stays at Crown level no matter what).

Edit: Death can also be useful, especially for newer players, and especially with the upcoming comm change.
  • More Domoth fights sounds good to me.
    edited February 2019
    I don't think I'd want to see all domoths treated that way, that would be too much.

Could make War, Death, and Chaos all flux more regularly but be permanently at Crown level and you'd have a cycling set of events on a semi-regular basis.  That would at least give us a chance to see how more constant events work.

Would be something that doesn't require a ton of recoding, perhaps...
  • Hey totally random side but

What if domoths going free was posted on twitter like wildnodes and flares and stuff?
  • Xenthos said:
    Chaos is one of the better domoths, actually.  If you made it flux on an RNG 12-24 hour window, but always be at crown level, it would be constant and would be worth nabbing even so (as long as it stays at Crown level no matter what).

Edit: Death can also be useful, especially for newer players, and especially with the upcoming comm change.
    After the cap system most the buffs hardly effect the ones who have to get the domoths. I agree they're not worthless, but generally the effects are minor to the point that if you have to spend a lot of effort you should question if they're not only not worth bothering with, but if they cause people to not log in, because really how much fun is it to sit though one's 300th+ non-combat domoth.

But I've long been a fan with taking one or two of something and switching things up. Domoths, aetherspheres.

Maybe we can get some sort of mini arena on some sphere? I had this idea that what if on dramube there was an event or sometimes randomly, the sphere would suck random people into an arena of types. Sometimes even one vs one? 
  • As long as they -CHOOSE- to participate in the event, then sure. But sucking people into the arena that want no part of it, is just mean.
  • Lycidas said:
    As long as they -CHOOSE- to participate in the event, then sure. But sucking people into the arena that want no part of it, is just mean.
    Sorry I was a bit unclear. I meant during a domoth or strictly on that sphere. There's several ways this could go.

For instance it might not be the sphere. It could be something a specific domoth does. Off the top of my head some battle mechanic of this type could be chaos, or war or even justice. This sort of system could make numbers on a side less important.

@Estarra there's a lot that could be done if alliances had some formal tracking. Have too many on one side. Randomly teleport people around, or move one person from each group into another. I am not saying that is what should be done, I am saying this sort of mechanic could open up things a bit more.
  • Deichtine said:
    Hey totally random side but

What if domoths going free was posted on twitter like wildnodes and flares and stuff?
    I disagree, it is not encouraging people to actually play, it's encouraging them to be afk or not logged in and play when the phone rings... I have the feeling a lot of the game is already happening out of the game... I am more pro no event announcements outside the game at all.
  • Elarin said:
    Deichtine said:

I disagree, it is not encouraging people to actually play, it's encouraging them to be afk or not logged in and play when the phone rings... I have the feeling a lot of the game is already happening out of the game... I am more pro no event announcements outside the game at all.
    I can see your perspective there, but what I also see is a way for people to go about their day to day business and know that they can receive a ping and if they have the time and inclination they can jump on and have some fun instead of sitting around waiting or being afk. 

I think where numbers are concerned they are fairly even, it is just the lack of desire to engage that is missing. And for all the reasons that are always discussed it is a problem nonetheless. I really hope that people who have played with me as my enemy will back me up when I say, I am always encouraging fair play when I can. 

What I do see is that my enemies are trying to engage, but my alliance are a little bit like puppies with a ball. They have been wanting to play for so long they just can't bloody control themselves! And then there is of course the bad faith of a few individuals. If we can, If I may, I encourage you all to keep at it! I am seeing some real improvement and some solid changes in the force against my alliance. And I am excited. I know it sucks coming from what feels like nothing, but believe me, stick at it. Good things will come! This game moves in cycles. You'll see. :)
  • I've posted on TMS and sent a newsletter announcing we're now completely free. If there are any other sites you think would be good where I can post, let me know! (Or feel free to post on Lusternia's behalf!!)
  • Elarin said:
    Deichtine said:

It wouldn't break anything to show when something goes free. That is not the same as 'goes into play'.
  • The e-mail sent says that the minimum retirement value was reduced to 250 credits, yet when I go to check RETIRE VALUE on my character, I see the following:
    This character is not eligible for retirement. You would need to increase its worth by 381 credits.
    4260h, 6060m, 4260e, 10p esSix-

Is this intended? I was planning on retiring my two characters and starting completely anew.

• Maybe bug that it doesnt sound right, get them to look into it.
  • edited February 2019
    Bug 25150 is submitted, urgent fix.

Edit: And Resolved.
  • Without assisting bugs, I was able to accumulate 16 credits in the first 10 minutes of the weave while using minimal travel points. This was by hitting five different villages for turn-ins as well as earning the first credit via hunting in the process.

This did require 30 minutes of prepping before the weave, so it's a bit of an anomaly in that regard, but I thought I'd pitch the numbers for comparison's sake. It might still be a bit crazy relative to other methods.

edited February 2019
    Jolanthe said:
    Without assisting bugs, I was able to accumulate 16 credits in the first 10 minutes of the weave while using minimal travel points. This was by hitting five different villages for turn-ins as well as earning the first credit via hunting in the process.

This did require 30 minutes of prepping before the weave, so it's a bit of an anomaly in that regard, but I thought I'd pitch the numbers for comparison's sake. It might still be a bit crazy relative to other methods.

I wouldn't say that's crazy; that's 40 minutes for your first 16.  The last four will theoretically take you more time (if you switch to hunting or influencing).  You can't just not count the time you spent collecting things!

Edit: Also, you've made it very difficult for other people to do the comm quests because you wiped a lot of the comm things out, so everyone else needs to wait for respawns.  *cough*  So there is that delay also built into things; making it require more commodities just means slowing down everyone else even further (since presumably you'd be doing a second round of comm quests if you only got 3 villages the first pass).
  • Xenthos said:
    Edit: Also, you've made it very difficult for other people to do the comm quests because you wiped a lot of the comm things out, so everyone else needs to wait for respawns.  *cough*
    I won't be doing it every time, promise!

It's more useful from the point of view where you might only have time at the start of the weave/right before the weave. The dailies would still be very doable with that method.
    edited February 2019
    Jolanthe said:
    Xenthos said:
    Edit: Also, you've made it very difficult for other people to do the comm quests because you wiped a lot of the comm things out, so everyone else needs to wait for respawns.  *cough*
    I won't be doing it every time, promise!

It's more useful from the point of view where you might only have time at the start of the weave/right before the weave. The dailies would still be very doable with that method.
    I edited a bit more into that.  Gathering around / a bit before the weave makes a lot of sense, my thought train was less on saying "you shouldn't do that" and more around "if it took more comms than it does now, people would need to do multiple comm rounds and make it harder for others to do so".
  • Hmm... sounds like it could very much turn into a competition. Same with the bards/scholars/pilgrims. *sigh*
    edited February 2019
    Bairloch said:
    Hmm... sounds like it could very much turn into a competition. Same with the bards/scholars/pilgrims. *sigh*
    Since it's 1 set per village, you kind of have to be done after a while (you're forced to move along).  From my end, it's only worthwhile collecting 60-80 comms I'd say, and do the rest via other means.  Assuming most people end up deciding around the same lines there should be plenty of comms around for people to poke at throughout the day.

We'll see how it works in practice, though.  I just don't like the idea of making it any more comms than it currently is because then we really will be bottlenecking it.

Edit: That said, having access to the metal / fruit / veggie quests without raiding would be very nice and give more people more options!
  • Bairloch said:
    Hmm... sounds like it could very much turn into a competition. Same with the bards/scholars/pilgrims. *sigh*
    Since this is here to stay, I think that's only liable to really stick early on while everyone's figuring out what is most efficient for them. I'm sure a lot of us will eventually get complacent. Or I will, probably.
  • Didn't want to submit a typo since it's not technically something that is incorrect. I think I and the playerbase would love to see the thresholds and scalings in HELP DAILYCREDITS (19.21). Also clarify that commodity quests and village honours share the same diminishing returns.

You can do as an example:
    Ixthiaxa solitaire puzzle for 5 points
    Ixthiaxa comm quest rockeaters for 4 points

And now you're locked out, they do share the same scaling, and clarification on those and the thresholds would be lovely. Love you all.