Thank you for the Admins.

I feel like when I come to the forums that things by the admins are so rushed that if I sit back to see how things are starting to play out, they will have committed to a path.

So over the years, I mostly only come here where there's some 'crisis'.I wanted to make this thread because there's a bit more beating up on the admin then usual and when players are in fire-fighting mode it has to be at the very least not fun to be our targets.

I had been thinking about making this post for the last couple of weeks, but earlier today something really cool happened so I figured why put it off?

@Faragan placed in the Knowledge Quiz. In part because whomever was running @Avechna understood the situation. I can't tell you how much that moment was a huge deal for me.

@Estarra a lot of us our holding your feet to the fire and clearly part of that time should be other people's slippers. But I wanted to say, that over the years you have greatly impressed me in the few personal dealings we've had.

@Orael I feel like we're a bit alike in the sense that we want people to make a case for a change. I have seen a willingness on your part to course correct when given good reason.

@Ein I don't ever seem to get to interact much with you (my fault and not yours), but I regularly see your fingerprints on things and the words you whisper around the City bolstering morale. It has not gone unnoticed. [Yes, for the other thing, it is still being worked on. After ascension I promise!]

@Weiwae I may have already mentioned this in a tweet, if not I haven't forgotten Your wise words when I stumbled across You one day at the Pool of Stars.

@Darvellan I don't think I can every express enough thanks for the impact You made on an alt of mine. It just didn't seem fair to to have a split focus and it was never my plan to get so swept up in Your order. Please do not feel like any time You spent on that character was a waste. I did try to pass it all on.

To all those who work in the background or within other orgs, You really are the best, well except maybe Shikari who is the beast.

Lastly, to the quest team for kicking ass.

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited February 2019
    I'd like to put some thanks myself and name a few individuals that have stood out to me in the past.  This post will be quite lengthy, but bear with me, I have quite a few I want to recognise :smile:

Firstly (and somewhat obviously) @Estarra - The amount of work that you have put in over the years is nothing short of staggering at times.  Sometimes I have messaged you over something that may have seemed inconsequential or paltry, but you will pretty much always take the time to respond, even though I'm sure you have quite the hefty workload.

@Orael - You were given big shoes to fill with @Iosai, @Ieptix and @Ianir in turn stepping down and you have done a terrific job of filling them so far.  You take the time to keep up a dialogue with players in the interests of trying to make sure that changes are balanced and that the playerbase is satisfied - plus from what I've heard in the past through @Ianir, the position of Anomaly can require some fairly gruelling hours.  Thank you so much for your work.

@Ianir - Even though you have officially stepped down, you have apparently stuck around in some capacity - I don't know what extent you are still working behind the scenes, but your work was and is still greatly appreciated.

@Weiwae - Where to start... Weiwae is easily one of my 'favourite' divine ever since Eventru stepped down and retired.  He is kind, patient, He lends an ear to pretty much ANYONE in the basin that is not openly hostile to Him or the Order... I could probably give enough examples from myself and that I have heard from others in Lusternia to fill a small book.  It is kind of a pity that He has gone quiet lately, I hope He will return to full duty soon.  He is definitely missed at the moment.

@Darvellan - It is great to have Darvellan active once again within Celest - the interactions I have had with Him have been a blast so far and I look forward to more interactions with You in the future.  I never thought that standing at the Pool of Stars, 'shooting the breeze' with a Divine would rank so highly in my favourite interactions :P

@Drocilla - Being in Your order on one of my alts was easily the highlight of having an alt in Magnagora.  Similar to what I described with Weiwae, You have always been a blast to interact with, whether it be providing useful words of wisdom, putting him in his place after he got a bit ahead of himself, or simply encouraging your Order members to be the best they can be.  Retiring my magnagoran alt was one of the hardest things I ever did, but it unfortunately had to be done.

@Maylea/@Lisaera - My interaction with the two of you has been decidedly less than that of other divine, especially given that these divine shells have changed hands a few times if I am not mistaken, but your kind, gentle natures when interacting with you are a pleasant contrast to some of the other Divinity that I have interacted with.  Serenwilde is certainly in good hands.

@Nocht - I haven't had much interaction with you due to a long-lasting grudge that Kagato has held over an interaction a long, LONG time ago now, but I've enjoyed the OOC conversations I've had with you.  Perhaps Kaga needs to leave the past in the past and pay a visit to the fulcrux >_>

(Also pretty much all of the inactive Divine deserve some recognition for the work they did in the past - while they may have stepped down and gone on to other things or even just returned to their mortal characters, their work won't be forgotten!)

Lastly, as @Maylea mentioned in her post, a BIG thank you to the Ephemerals that are working behind the scenes - they are rarely, if ever, seen in the basin itself, but the work of all of you is most certainly appreciated, whether it is constructing new areas, coding or helping @Orael with his bug squishing, all of these tasks mean a lot and keep things running smoothly and Lusternia an enjoyable place to be.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Thank you so much for your kind words! It really does make a difference as it encourages us to do more and better!