Cult of Mafia 2: The Revengening

edited February 2019 in Mafia Hideout
Welcome all to this latest game of Mafia(again), and a village with a dark secret!

The Rules: Copied from me. Please read them!

1. Votes or Day Powers MUST be in bold to count (ex. Vote Lehki or I'm a Day Power)

2. Once a majority has been reached, the day ends. Anything that happens after a final vote will not happen, including unvotes to bring the target below the minimum threshold, unless a power explicitly allows this.

3. You are not allowed to post in the thread during the night phases.

4. You are not allowed to communicate with each other outside the thread unless your role specifically allows you to do this.

5. Once you are eliminated, you are not allowed to post in the thread during the day phase unless your role explicitly allows this.

6. You are not allowed to quote any Mod PMs.

7. Do not discuss game details outside of the game.

8. If you go inactive, please let me know so I can find a replacement player. (Those interested in being a replacement player, please message me for a waitlist!)

9. You're not allowed to edit your posts. Doublepost instead if you want to clarify something.

10. You must be sportsmanlike. If you are rude or inflammatory to the point that the game ceases to be enjoyable for the rest of the players, I reserve the right to modvig you out of the game. Mafia may be a game about emotional manipulation and deceit, but it's still a game! Have fun with it. But most importantly, be respectful.

11. The game will end when either the town or the mafia have reached their victory condition.

12. Dayphases will last no longer than 72 hours. If three days go by without a lynch, the Nightphase will immediately begin.

13. Nightphases will last no longer than 24 hours. If night actions are not delivered at the end of the night phase, it will be read as no action.

--------------

Those who remain:

1. Coraline
2. Sylandra
3. Arix [Cultist - Lynched Day 3]
4. Lycidas
5. Lavinya
6. Kistan [Villager - Lynched Day 2]
7. Devora
8. Nylili

--------------

Role PMs going out shortly, then Day 1 will begin.

Comments

• It is now Day 1!

The Day ends at 8pm Eastern Time on Monday the 18th!
  • Greetings and obligatory Deja Vu references! If we have anything learned from last time, no day powers existed so just moving on to Night to get this rolling.

Vote No Lynch
  • Hello everyone! Hope we'll all have a fun game and catch those Mafia punks!
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Ready to go. I also Vote No Kill for the first day
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • Oh yeah almost forgot. vote none
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Whoo! Let’s see what happens! vote none
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Good to go! Reporting in
  • Hello everyone! I'm raring to save the town from another inexplicable attack!

Vote Abstain
  • And that's 5, into the night!
  • (I don't mind but it's funny that 4/5 of the votes were phrased differently)

And that is indeed 5!

The majority has decided none shall die today.

It is now Night 1!

Night 1 shall end Sunday the 17th at 3pm.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I know we're not supposed to post after night so please don't hurt me but just wanted to point out I'm not in the US so like, I'd appreciate the whole game not passing my by while I sleep again  (Like this one which ended at 3am) <_<.

• Dawn breaks and all appears well in the town this morning!

It is now Day 2!

Day 2 will end at 3pm on Wednesday the 20th!

• I was planning to have a good sleep, but there was a sneaky visitor! Don't know who, though
  • Hey guys, checking in now. My internet was wobbly the other night and by the time I got it working the day had moved on
  • so Coraline had a visitor, and if the setup is the same, we have something to work with. Anybody wish to claim who did the visit? Could've been the investigator, guardsman, or the cultist. Though I'm going to go ahead and say it wasn't the cultist since announcing you were visited like that would just spell your own death.
  • Sneaky visitor doesn't sound like the guard, so probably one of the other two. And if it was the cultist, does that mean Coraline is some sort of compromised?

• Well, if I understand how 'The Recruit' worked, it strips you of prior role and makes you that from now on. So I'm not sure if the selfwatch would still work or not.
  • I'm a little confused so I'll wait to see if we get any news
  • Hiya, uneventful night for me.

So either we have role-blocked the cultist yet again on the first try or this is a no kill game. Probably the second. In which case I'm not sure how to go about identifying who belongs to townies or cultists without revealing a bit about our roles.

I'm mostly powerless now, but I have an ability for late game.
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • cultist recruits at night, the recruit can kill themselves as a night action. That's going to be our only kills, unless a new role got slipped in.
  • Okay, a bit about my role. 

I have an ability to partially protect myself against conversion, and to see if I have been visited. So if anyone is a guard role, I suggest not visiting me. Actually I would rather not have visitors unless someone wants to investigate my role.

• You can protect yourself against conversion? And partially? Why warn against others visiting you? So many questions raised with that claim.
  • Don't waste your guard role visiting me because I can protect myself. Partially because it's not 100% I can't be converted. There IS a way to convert me, but I'd rather not disclose that here.
  • I don't think there is a protector role, last game or this game, it doesn't fit the setting. The only 'guard' we had, or knew of, was to ROLEBLOCK not PROTECT. Now I'm just all sorts of suspicious about you with all these new questions.
  • This just feels like you're suspicious about me just for the sake of being suspicious because I disclosed my role. If I was a cultist, why would I disclose my role info and announce that I was visited publicly to everyone? Or tell people to not guard me? I'm not sure if there's a guard role or not, but if there is, don't visit me. 

I'm publicly saying as much as I can without giving out any details about my role that can benefit the cultists, because town needs information to win, and cultists use lack of information/misinformation to win.

Of course, investigators are welcome to investigate. But if you're suspicious of me, why don't you tell us a bit about your role?
  • Not everyone has abilities, and I have none. My only ability is to point out things that are odd and contribute to the group by trying to get questions answered. You seem to miss -why- I am suspicious so I'll spell it out:
    1) Self-watcher with conversion protection, partial
    2) You initially warned people not to visit you
    3) You left the questions unanswered

If that makes sense, then good. I don't think you are -the- recruit but I'm on the fence about being the cultist itself. Unless we get someone to confirm their visit on you, it could just be a made up statement. I agree that town needs information, but that whole post might as well just be quoting Sylandra from last game.
  • Checking in. Nothing happened!
  • I can't answer 2 at this point in the game with just being Day 2, but later on if it's needed, I'll say it. But right now doesn't seem like a dire enough situation that I should disclose everything about my role and potentially leave me open to conversion. If a roleblocker/investigator is suspicious of me, it's likely they would ignore my warning and visit me anyway, so warning people not to visit me serves no purpose there. I was hoping that, by saying that, if there was a doctor/guard role, they would not waste their power on me, but would use it on another townie who needs it more. 

Same with leaving questions unanswered. I disclosed much more than anyone else here at this point and drew attention to myself, which is counterproductive if I were a cultist, I would think.

I don't know if we should bring up points from last game to influence our decisions this game (Don't know if that's metagaming?) but I did feel that Sylandra made a good point last game about townies giving out all helpful information they can.

Also, all townies have conversion potential.
  • Looking at prior games is acceptable so long as it is used as speculation rather than hard fact. I'm not stating that you're a liar, and also, you would think bringing attention would be counterproductive, but being active makes you far less suspicious yourself. Willingness to give information makes you definitely seem townie, so it is easier to blend in.

However, back to hypothesis time. Even if you didn't have self-watching powers, apparently we can see if a towns guardsman visited (using last game) so there is a possibility that is also the case here. You do have a self-watch, and you saw a shadowy figure. I severely doubt the investigator would be sneaky, personally, but I can be wrong. All depends on other people getting to arrive and come play, and see if anybody owns up to visiting you.
  • But, there was no guardsman last game. You pointed it out yourself.

I can only say that I had a visitor. It wasn't like "a shadowy figure visited you" it was a different text, but I can't quote mod pm. All I can say is I had a visitor and I don't know who it was.