Cult of Mafia 2: The Revengening

Comments

• I was the guardsman, and I said as much that game. That it wasn't a protector, it was a roleblocker. You can go back and read all that though.
  • I thought guardsman meant protector. Cause a roleblocker just roleblocks you.

You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm tentatively ok with giving Coraline the benefit of the doubt for now, largely because I think saying as much as she did is a bizarre move for cult right now. 

We have an extra player this time right? There's a possibility there is an additional role, which is something to bear in mind (were all the roles revealed last time? I need to go back and look.)

I don't like to abstain from voting early on without really good reasoning so I'm curious to hear from everyone else and without anything further to go with I'll probably push to eliminate a lurker.

• We had the same 8 players last time as well, no new additions or subtractions.
    I thought we had 7, my bad!

• I was not at home last night, and I can affirm the town orientation of one Lycidas. So whomever visited Coraline could well have been a guardsman, if we have one. Or something more sinister, but I hope not?
  • Does anyone want to counter claim investigator role here? I'll wait till tomorrow and if no one is counter claiming this role, we can assume Nylili is investigator and if she is, then I feel it's a safe bet to reveal more about my role 
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
    Oooh. Oooooh. Ok. 

RIght now my suspicions are directed potentially at @Kistan, @Arix and @Devora. Love to hear especially from the ones who haven't spoken up yet - but I have reason to believe one of them may have been the one visiting Coraline and I would imagine it was not for a social visit.

Alternatively, it can be assumed Lycidas and Nylili are covering for each other...but I am trusting the claim for now.

• I'm also inclined to trust Nylili's claim, but if there is another investigator it's a good idea for them to counter claim as soon as possible. @Sylandra also hasn't spoken yet. 

But I'm inclined to trust this claim of investigator since otherwise it's a risky thing because you really really risk getting caught red-handed by a counter claim.
  • It is good to be suspicious, though I'm quite certain I make myself a town read anyway from wanting to hunt things out and get things answered.
  • I don't have an investigation role, I have to find the cultist the boring way by listening to you guys. Also I was very busy this weekend so stuff happened while I couldn't participate, and I kinda just woke up from crashing after work

• Listening to us is boring?
    Must be Mafia.
    <Mostly joking>
  • Anything from @Kistan today?

• No counter claim for the investigator yet, so I am going to believe Nylili is the investigator and she didn't visit me.

Which means that there's a 50% chance that whoever visited me N1 is the cultist (I feel like cultist is also more likely not to come forward) and therefore already know the ability that I've been trying to not reveal. So, I'm going to reveal it now because I don't want the cultists to know more about my role than town.

My role is Pious. I can prevent being recruited by going into meditation every night. But visitors will break my meditation. I asked about my role and was told that (without quoting directly) if only a cultist visits me, my meditation would break and I won't be recruited. If someone else visits, my meditation would break too. But if a cultist and someone else visits me the same night, then I will get recruited.

This is why I was suggesting town to not visit me (except for an investigator if they feel like I'm not being truthful).

I was visited last night but not recruited. Now I strongly believe that whoever visited me N1 was the cultist.

If anyone has any questions about my role you can ask me and I'll explain as best as I can.
  • Also Devora has spoken up, but we need to hear from @Sylandra
  • I'm also of the mindset of no-one visiting you, so long as you continue to meditate. I'm curious though if that is what Devora was last game, as well only knew they had self-watching power like you. But congrats, if that is -actually- how things are (Only being suspicious because the nature of the game) then you get to be permanent town unless town decides to collude with the cultist and get you recruited.
  • I automatically go into meditation every night, unless it gets broken by visitors.

I feel like after waiting for like 4 more hours if the lurkers don't respond, we should start voting them up.
  • Also something to keep in mind, is that anybody the investigator outs as 'clear' becomes prime to get converted as well, as does the investigator themselves. I will point out that -IF- the cultist did recruit last night, they will show up as innocent as well until their recruit uses their power. I have no idea if the recruit can off themselves and cultist get a new recruit same night. I'm going to wager they cannot though.
  • I'm inclined to wait another couple hours as well, since I think Kistan and Sylandra have different hours
  • Kistan said:
    Checking in. Nothing happened!
    He did check in, but yea.
  • Lol if it's true that the cultist visited the only person in town who has resistance to conversion, the mafia are really having no better luck in this game so far than last time. 

I'm not sure why Coraline feels strongly that a cultist visited her. Could have been roles such as role blocker or guard, no? Also, how do we know that a recruit will show up as innocent until they act on their power?

I wish I had more to say but there isn't much to go on at this stage. What do you think, @Kistan and @Sylandra?
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • Meant to tag @Lycidas for my second question.
    Arix said:
  • @Devora I'll help you out with your questions

1) Roleblocker would ... block her so that isn't the case
    2) We had no protector role last time, I'm going to assume roles are the same as last time
    3) Investigator has claimed that I am innocent
    4) A recruit will show up as guilty/evil on an investigator report
    5) If a recruit is present, the Cultist will show as innocent instead
    6) Reason we believe cultist has visited Coraline is by process of elimination

*smokes bubble pipe and reclines in a comfy armchair*
  • Sorry - checking in again - Nothing really to say.

Do we know if the cultist sheds their aura before or after the visit and check on their aura? So we may not be able to trust the declaration of Lycidas' innocence - all we would know really is that he may not be converted by may be the cultist?
  • Thank you, @Lycidas!

Are we assuming roles are identical to last game? That would be a pretty big metagaming advantage for townies.

Not sure why you're sure Coraline wasn't blocked. Her meditation got interrupted; I feel like that could either be the regular interruption caused by a visitor or the deactivation of her role by a blocker. Esp since this is the first such message she got, and she can't compare it to the message she would get if she got a visitor by someone who isn't a blocker.

What do you mean by the 5th point? Do you mean if an investigator looks into the cultist while a recruit is visiting the cultist, the cultist will show up as innocent?
    Arix said:
  • Had a rare day off work today so went out to see what all of this fresh air was about
  • @Kistan What aura?
    Arix said:
  • The one @Nylili checked to see if he was cult or not
  • I'm not 100% saying I was visited by a cultist, but that's what I believe because, since inbestiinves didn't visit me (according to claim she visited Lycidas - there were no counter claims) then the possibility is narrowed down to roleblocker/cultist. I also feel like if it was a roleblocker they would have spoken up. But then again, I'm not 100% certain of this, just what I'm inclined to believe because of the reasons I mentioned.

Also, I was going by the assumption that the roles were same as last time. Hadn't considered that not being the case.