Retirement Values & Artifact Updates...and lessons.

13»

Comments

• edited February 2019
    @Estarra, @Sarapis , and @Jeremy

You all really need to be fairer about this.

It is not the players fault that artifacts were moved back and forth into and out of dingbats.

It is not the player's fault that so many 'standard' IRE artifacts became dingbat artifacts here. Scent, sprinting, Lusternia's only and very expensive (compared to other games) armour, etc.

It really is not the players' fault that we were told dingbats would count towards retirement and then wound up trading credits for dingbats after expensive dingbat items were added.

@Estarra you should ask for a list from the other producers just so you can see what has been left off.

It doesn't seem we're getting value for Endowment of Arts or for Manna of the Gods. According to other game forums value was given for Trade certificates.

There's a post in Imperian saying that unbound credits give full value. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

"
    Tecton The Garden of the Gods Posts: 2,506 Admin
    We offer a small trade-in value for items purchased with Mayan crowns here."

Why is that okay for one IRE game but not Lusternia?

Why did other games have lower caps? Or was that misreported?

• As discussed earlier, whether in this thread or another I'm mixing it up with, that we cannot really equate dingbats to the Mayan crowns, as they never had a form to generate more. They were reward only rather than being generated in any other fashion. When dingbats was first introduced, you could definitely equate the two, as dingbats were a reward only, but that changed when you could get them from the Wheel and other sources, which slowly diminished the value.
    Not saying what happened is the right thing, but it is a factor in why the value was lost and more than likely why it is not honored the same as Mayan crowns were.
  • Lycidas said:
    As discussed earlier, whether in this thread or another I'm mixing it up with, that we cannot really equate dingbats to the Mayan crowns, as they never had a form to generate more. They were reward only rather than being generated in any other fashion. When dingbats was first introduced, you could definitely equate the two, as dingbats were a reward only, but that changed when you could get them from the Wheel and other sources, which slowly diminished the value.
    Not saying what happened is the right thing, but it is a factor in why the value was lost and more than likely why it is not honored the same as Mayan crowns were.
    BS. Again it is not the player's fault that the admin of this game chose to convert credit artifacts into dingbat artifacts and goop artifacts. That doesn't have a thing to do with what you wrote.

If other games can get a fraction of value, then some fair fraction could be determined for here.

There was some ongoing communication issues going on and seems like there still may be. The fair thing to do would be to 'as they have in other games' make some allowance here.
  • I would agree that they are not really comparable...

however, its not like you are having to give money back. Its 1s and 0s in a box.

Its an unfortunate situation, why push for the ability to make that generous gesture - they can only ever spend it at IRE. Keep a happy customer rather than one who leaves with a sour taste in their mouth.

You never know, some will even come back one day
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I have to agree with Steingrim here. It's not players' fault that the Powers that be decided to make ways to generate dingbats in order to make said Powers more money. Every month we had a new shiny gewgaw that we would have to get (or not ) based on power creep. The Admin intentionally made most of these shinies impactful in the games, in that they were often part of the meta or at least helped you build up to a point where you could afford to participate. They intentionally released artifacts that were so impactful, not having them would put you at a serious, longterm disadvantage. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I think the people disagreeing missed something I said. I never said I agree with what happened, or how it did. Just the reasoning that probably made it happen. I think it's poor that happened because so many things were dingbats, heck I remember when aethersuits were first introduced and you -had- to get the dingbats or be at a disadvantage.