Simple Ideas

Comments

• Chat capture windows are super nice. The nexus client has one naturally, and you shouldn't have to look very hard to find one for mudlet if you use that.
  • Kalnid said:
    Chat capture windows are super nice. The nexus client has one naturally, and you shouldn't have to look very hard to find one for mudlet if you use that.
    I had this package a friend gave me when I used mudlet for my previous game. It has chat window options among other things. I don't use mudlet anymore and I don't know if it'll work for this game, but here it is if anyone wants to try it out:

https://shakpack.fandom.com/wiki/ShakPack_Wikia
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Can we have CITIZENS filter off people who haven't logged in for ages?

Maybe have CITIZENS recent (the current year)?
  • Add a new permission to clans: WRITELOG. Roles invested with this power would be able to... write to clan logs. If logs are secret, they would not be able to read the clan logs without the LOG power (which might be renamed to "READLOG". 
  • I said this in another thread, but I'll but it here too:

Make minor changes to guilds (Ranks, Positions, Paths) be a command the guild leader can do rather than using the guild request system. Can still have the gold cost these requests have, and removes the waiting buffer to make any real progress.
  • Enya said:
    Add a new permission to clans: WRITELOG. Roles invested with this power would be able to... write to clan logs. If logs are secret, they would not be able to read the clan logs without the LOG power (which might be renamed to "READLOG". 

Doesn't the first part already exist? As in I can writelog to some clans.
  • How? I tried everything in the help files and everything anyone could figure to try.  Are you clan leader in these clans?
  • Enya said:
    How? I tried everything in the help files and everything anyone could figure to try.  Are you clan leader in these clans?
    It is odd. I can in some I am leader and not others. Is it part of recorder or log? Maybe it sticks if you weren't the leader and had the privs? I'll try to test after dinner.
  • Not part of recorder or log in any combination.
  • Enya said:
    Not part of recorder or log in any combination.

This clan does not seem to have written a summary.

The Head Coordinator of The Crux is Mayor Steingrim, Pathological Outlier.
    This clan is deeded to the Grand Dominion of Gaudiguch.
    The leadership positions are:
    Coordinators
       Shuyin, Vadi, Dys, Synkarin, Malarious, Narynth, Lerad, Crek,
       Xenthos, Deichtine, Tarken, Esoneyuna, Moi, Yendor, Auriella,
       Romaan, Minkahmet, and Kreon

Security
       Malarious, Deichtine, Yendor, Romaan, and Minkahmet

There are 85 active members in this clan.
    20:45:20:925 (none) 11410h, 9895m, 12420e, 10p Bex<>-writelog crux test3
    The Scribe dutifully records your words.
    20:45:36:004 (none) 11410h, 9895m, 12420e, 10p Bex<>-readlog crux
    2019/02/17 04:45:32 - Steingrim > test3.

• We had found out earlier in the Envoys channel that you can write to the log if you're the clan leader, but under no other circumstance can. The idea was to make this possible.
  • Enya said:
    Not part of recorder or log in any combination.
    Best I can tell it is clans you're leader of and doesn't look like something you can invest.
  • edited February 2019
    So, exactly as I tested, talked on envoys to confirm, idea'd, and posted. Good thing I did my homework before posting 😋

Enya said:
    Add a new permission to clans: WRITELOG. Roles invested with this power would be able to... write to clan logs. If logs are secret, they would not be able to read the clan logs without the LOG power (which might be renamed to "READLOG". 

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    A portable psychodrama stage, so you can psychodrama anywhere instead of just at a stage.

Could be an artifact or an artisan construction.
  • If it isn't a deployable hologram duel disk I will be severely disappointed.
  • If there is only one thing to target in the room with the ability to link too,  or too Nexus/Ability link too, allow the command to put the link number limit when structured as

LINK #

Or ABILITY LINK #

Instead of requiring the full structure of

ABILITY LINK NODE #

To properly set the limit.

If this isn't clear I've been up a long time but basically,

Let LINK 1 link the node or nexus once and only once, if there's only one thing in the room to link too. Rather than requiring the full command structure to set those limits.
  • Erm LINK 1 works for me already neela?
  • edited February 2019
    DARKCALL LINK 1 doesn't for me. And that's my most used link. Just holds the link open permanently. Rather than cutting it off after 1 link.

And testing LINK 1 now, because I can't recall if it worked for me or not.

LINK 1 absolutely does not work with standard commands, maybe you have alias'd it. I get

link 1
    You cannot find that here.

And permalinking on darkcall link 1.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I am not sure if you have an alias that overrides it?  Try turning all aliases/triggers off and try a single link.

They added this in a long time ago for linking to a nexus, then it got expanded to astral nodes.  I have personally only ever done LINK Node/Nexus # and NEXUSLINK #, both of which work. 

PS that error command on link sure reads like it is asking you what you are linking to.  Did you do what it suggested and try linking to an actual thing (like a node) instead of linking to a 1?
  • Ah sorry I didn't put the full thing in.

I do LINK NODE 3 and it links for three then stops

• edited February 2019
    My idea... Is literally unifying it and allowing it to autotarget. Because Darkcall Link 1 does link(*Infinitely*). And also making it respect any number on it's own in the command after link as a cap on the linking amount.

It's about being able to ignore saying node, or nexus. And just linking.

So properly

DARKCALL LINK 1
    And
    LINK 1

Should both link  whatevers in the room that is linkable and should both link ONCE. Because user intent if they enter those commands is generally, to explicitly link only once.

I'm not sure if I'm spelling this out enough.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    A little thing to help my brain - could aethergoop items in our rift be further divided? Candies/scarves/buttons/whateverelses. I always have to look over a few times to see what I'm looking for in a hurry and because they're alphabetised they are all mushed in together.

• A quick fix until that happens (if it does) can IR BUTTON as an example to see what buttons you have.
  • any chance there could be an aethersuit skin that isn't so... flamboyant? Maybe like a set of mechanics coveralls or something?
  • Well, you can make and submit a goop variant to the aethersuits with the CUSTOMIZE <item> SKIN YES|NO which will send the request to make it a public skin.
  • Or failing that, you can always hide it and then wear whatever you want otherwise. I rarely ever actually let my aethergown show - I like all my other clothing more.
  • Bairloch said:
    any chance there could be an aethersuit skin that isn't so... flamboyant? Maybe like a set of mechanics coveralls or something?
    The Ensemble aethersuit is best I think. And since it has the 'ensemble' noun, customization should be, in theory, unlimited.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    could poteen pets have some sort of universal alias? like poteenpet? 

• Lavinya said:
    could poteen pets have some sort of universal alias? like poteenpet? 
    I'd go with drunkenfurbaby as the common alias >.>
  • Ayisdra said:
    Bairloch said:
    any chance there could be an aethersuit skin that isn't so... flamboyant? Maybe like a set of mechanics coveralls or something?
    The Ensemble aethersuit is best I think. And since it has the 'ensemble' noun, customization should be, in theory, unlimited.
    The shadow one? "a shadowbound ensemble of assassins"?