Another Possible Stop-gap for Daily Credits

@Estarra @Orael

Seems like the admin have implemented some metrics. I hope you are able to determine if the daily-credits are working for newbies. My fear would be that we have new people showing up, getting frustrated and not returning.

What if some of the commodity/bard/scholar/pilgrim quests were make more quest like on top of how they currently work? Perhaps, you'd get a work order to lead a bard around the roads? Or if not to lead around, to find a 'missing' bard and take them to your library. Or a field guide to note tracks of wildlife.

I'm thinking this would work like the Iosai 'bug' hunting quest, or for most of you, the way treasure maps work.

You could even restrict demis from doing this and leave it as a way for non-demis to not get hosed by demis.

Comments

• The increased requirements for higher levels is actually a detriment for newbs. Imagine this: 40 pilgrims is around 1 hour of respawn. 5 hours for the 1st 15 credits for a demigod. Newbies, who are often less agile and mobile, will have to compete with that demi for 5 hours instead of just 1 and a bit if everyone were on the same value.
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • Which is why I begged them to take it down for us lowbies rather than up for Demis, etc. for exactly this reason.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited February 2019
    That is one of the reasons behind my suggesting a scaling level for demigod comm rewards; if a demigod is encouraged to "move along" after they are done with three villages, and only consume 60 (10+20+30) comms for those three (fourth being an additional 40, fifth being 50, etc), there is more left for other people for whom comm quests are their basic source.

A flat 40 per village just leaves us snagging every single comm thing we see to try to get our limits.

Another option is, I suppose, to just make it back at 20 but a demi is hard capped at three villages so they are required to do other stuff instead of just being encouraged.  I prefer the scaling rate though.  Grabbing 50 (or 60 or 70) comm things for 1cr does not really feel worth it to me and I would do something else.
  • Would it be possible to place some rockeaters in the cave, trout in the lake, and let the pigs turn in at villages from the Newbie area, or in the new intro somewhere? It could be worth increasing the newbie level from 30 to 50 if this was done.
  • One of the village butchers talks about pork, but dunno if he actually takes pigs. And you could make an argument that the rock hogs from Smoke Mountain could be made to count as gem turn-ins like rockeaters. (It's not a super good argument, but it could work at a pinch).
  • Another thing to keep in mind, you only get credit for the first 30 bard/scholar/pilgrims as it caps at 2 dailycredits (15 and 15).
  • Lycidas said:
    Another thing to keep in mind, you only get credit for the first 30 bard/scholar/pilgrims as it caps at 2 dailycredits (15 and 15).
    No it doesn't. You get  1 credit for every 30 followers after you hit 30.
  • Maybe I ran into a limit then? Because I've done more than 60 in a day and only got 2. This was near the initial launch of the system, so maybe that got fixed and just not listed in a changelog?
  • Lycidas said:
    Maybe I ran into a limit then? Because I've done more than 60 in a day and only got 2. This was near the initial launch of the system, so maybe that got fixed and just not listed in a changelog?
    Maybe. Keep in mind it only counts physical followers buffing bards/scholars with the song/book doesn't increase the count for dailycredits.
  • Never buffed them, and that sounds like a bug more than a feature. Buffed scholars and bards should still count.
    Lycidas said:
    Never buffed them, and that sounds like a bug more than a feature. Buffed scholars and bards should still count.
    They do count.  They just do not count for more than one.  So if you buff a scholar to be worth four scholars when turned in on CULTURE, it is still just one follower for the daily tick.
  • Oh, yea. Never buffed them anyway.
  • Xenthos said:
    That is one of the reasons behind my suggesting a scaling level for demigod comm rewards; if a demigod is encouraged to "move along" after they are done with three villages, and only consume 60 (10+20+30) comms for those three (fourth being an additional 40, fifth being 50, etc), there is more left for other people for whom comm quests are their basic source.

A flat 40 per village just leaves us snagging every single comm thing we see to try to get our limits.

Another option is, I suppose, to just make it back at 20 but a demi is hard capped at three villages so they are required to do other stuff instead of just being encouraged.  I prefer the scaling rate though.  Grabbing 50 (or 60 or 70) comm things for 1cr does not really feel worth it to me and I would do something else.

Seems like that just herds demis into doing quests which is poor design.
  • It also might help to split the diminishing ticks. If doing three villages gets you 5/4/3 but doing 1 village, 500 influencing and 500 hunting gets you 5/5/5, then it means people would probably split up their time between thing instead of just going for the comms quests.
  • Bashing and Influencing share a diminishing tick. So your example would be a 5/4/3 as well.
    Her suggestion is to make them be unique diminishing ticks, instead of shared.
  • I see, I originally suggested this as well, so I approve.