Cult of Mafia 2: The Revengening

Comments

• One thing we all forgot- the Possessed was the Recruit before. The recruit loses their previous ability already. So again I find it highly unlikely that they somehow regain that ability once possessed.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • I haven't forgotten, it is why I said I believe it is either 2 or 6 from my list.
  • Mhmm, let's keep that in mind while accusing though. I find it highly unlikely that Lavinya is possessed. I still suspect Nylili, and Devora defending her so strongly (even suspecting someone who roleblocked her over Nylili) makes me think they're both recruits...
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Coraline said:
    Personally, I don't think a Possessed will have the ability to both use their powers AND infect people (since it seems OP). Devora, if that's the case, you should be infected by now.
    Not necessarily. I wouldn't assume that Possessed cannot use their powers on someone other than the person they are recruiting.
    Coraline said:
    One thing we all forgot- the Possessed was the Recruit before.
    Not what I was assuming. Anyone not Coraline could have been the Recruit Night 2. Then, Day 3, this Recruit becomes the Possessed. Then, the Possessed could have recruited or somehow "possessed" another. It may be that "transferring" possession, unlike transferring the cultist's evil aura, does not transfer the aura with it.
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • But yes, I agree that it is unlikely that @Lavinya is mafia. My point is just that her behavior seems more suspicious to me than @Nylili's, which is why I'm not persuaded Nylili is guilty.

I'm not saying I wouldn't vote Nylili if most people suspect her. But if Nylili turns out to be mafia, I'd be impressed with her hoodwinking skills, because it's hard for me to read her actions as mafia.
    Arix said:
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I said I was voting to put on a bit of pressure - and it's interesting to note what happens when someone is voted.

Lycidas was quick to jump on the vote as well, even if he's now hastily back-pedalled and recanted. Very interesting to note.

I'm still kicking myself for missing a night, it's really made everything that much murkier. 

We know night 1 was a failed conversion attempt.

Night 2 could have been anyone (save Coraline)

Night 3 Another attempt could have been made, depending on the ability of the possessed.

There's every possibility that we're looking at two people, if the possessed can spread their evil-ness. We really don't know enough about the role. It's a bit of a scary possibility! I still think Nylili would be a great candidate to convert, and we have no way to verify if she still has her powers or is making up her visits - at least when I roleblock someone, it's noticed.

• There was nothing hasty about either of my actions, nor back-pedalling. I even -quoted- when I unvoted and that I'm still sold on her. People just don't read or want to make false statements about my actions.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Lycidas said:
    There was nothing hasty about either of my actions, nor back-pedalling. I even -quoted- when I unvoted and that I'm still sold on her. People just don't read or want to make false statements about my actions.
    This is mafia, we have to investigate every little action someone takes and ask ourselves if we agree a townie would take it!

I would say your vote on @Nylili is much faster than how you acted yesterday. I had expected you to wait a bit from your previous post history and your reluctance when other people voted on “trains,” so yes, I’ll chime in as a third voice that your vote surprised me and felt worth noting. Especially when once a third vote didn’t emerge, you unvoted.

I suppose I understand the timing. I had just mentioned you and Nylili read as highly possible conversions in my book, so if the choices felt between her or you, you’d want to get things in order ASAP.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I'm just gonna say that, about Nylili's defense.. I don't buy it. And she also started saying that there's a possibility that the Possessed retains their abilities as town when, the Possessed was a Recruit for at least a day and night, and we know that the Recruit loses their town ability from the description. 

Feels like she's saying that to confuse town.

Anyway, you don't have to agree with my reasoning. But I can't check back here before the day ends (have a busy day today) so I'm going to vote Nylili.

Again, if you don't agree with my reasoning, don't vote with me. I just feel like if the town does start to suspect her, without my vote the lynch can't happen (since she has one person who would support her over someone who she knew used town ability powers on her).
    Day ends today right? vote Nylili 

It’s a very likely possibility that Arix picked her to protect himself. I feel okay with seeing this lynch go through.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Out of 3 kills, 2 done and 1 upcoming, I only felt like I wanted to vote for Arix. 

We do need to agree on a kill today. Since y'all are set on @Nylili and only one or two of you can be the Possessed, I will vote for her, but I want to wait a bit and give her another chance to defend herself.

Personally, I find @Lycidas and @Lavinya the most suspicious, due to eagerness to get a kill and/or actions that don't make a lot of sense to me, which I have listed elsewhere.
    Arix said:
  • I don't think I ever speculated that heavily on power keeping, my theory was that Devora as next recruit would cover for Lavinya by confirming the roleblock even if it hadn't happened. I wasn't trying to confuse anybody, I had a pretty clear outcome in mind with my theory crafting.

Just, ya know, for the record.

I've tried to explain myself but looks like one more vote has me dead and I don't see converting my current three to someone else since they're so set. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Well, @Nylili, if you turn out to be town, whom do you suspect? Still @Lavinya and Devora?
    Arix said:
    (Speaking for me it’s between Lycidas and Nylili. I’ll switch if need be but my availability is pretty intermittent before 3pm.)
    Daraius said:
  • Man, Sylandra is all about me. You have literally skated through this game with little to nothing given. Meanwhile, I've been here as a driving force for the town, the entire time, and still today. The only thing people are accusing me for, is because I voted someone I was putting pressure on with Lavinya, and unvoted so that we could get more conversation? What difference does a -third- vote make, and why would that even make me unvote?  Everything that people are pointing at me with is just a poor excuse of a reason. OMG you voted so much quicker today! A great example, why would I be this vocal for town, why would I stop things from going to an advantageous lynch if I was scum? I've spent the entire day trying to figure out the Possessed powers with you people, and then having to defend myself from some of the silliest reasons to FoS someone. Would you lot prefer I be unhelpful or just keep my thoughts to myself, instead of trying to push a town win?
  • Let's not fight guys ;~;

@Devora yep, on the nose (sorry, and thank for your support, truly I hope it doesn't bite ya in the ass tomorrow)
    @Lycidas dude you need to chill.

Half the reason I’m voting Nylili first is because the level of indignant you are about being town reads more as a frustrated townie to me than as a mastermind mafia.

Me acknowledging you’d be a good convert is because you work “so hard” to help town. If I were a cultist you’d be one of my first picks because of how much you work to steer and direct townies during the day phase. So yeah, sorry, you’re going to be under more scrutiny from me.

As for if I’m skating, that’s up for debate! I’ll own D2 I was late to the party but I like to think I’m contributing more fully lately. So much so I am sneaking mafia breaks when I shouldn’t. >_>

Daraius said:
  • I am relaxed, though I understand my wording, pacing, etc makes it seem like I am not. Character flaw of mine, but I don't really care to improve it so I can't fault people for it. I personally think I'd be a terrible pick for conversation, because of my vocalness. There would be a very noticeable drop in my activity, brainstorming, and theorycrafting if I were converted, simply because I would end up putting myself in a guilty disposition through logic. I just do not have the capability to mislead individuals, because I'm too focused on figuring out the puzzle and finding the solution. Sounds odd, but as you get to know me, if you do, you'll find it a true statement.
  • Got a break earlier than I expected. I'm going to keep my vote. I don't think Lavinya and Lycidas are working together because it was Lavinya pointing out that Lycidas backtracked on his vote that made me more suspicious of him.
  • Votes:

Nylili (3): Lavinya, Coraline, Sylandra

With 6 Alive it takes 4 votes to reach a majority.

Day 4 will end at 3pm in a little over an hour
  • All right. Time's running out. I will vote for Nylili in 40 mins or so unless someone agrees with me that her actions don't really read as mafia. At the end of the day, we need to kill to get information, and I'm not sure how to reverse the 3 vote train as I see no other prominent suspects.
    Arix said:
  • @Lycidas, @Nylili, you haven't voted yet. Any thoughts before end of day?
    Arix said:
  • edited February 2019
    Heck it I guess I'll vote @Lavinya if it's gonna be my last chance to do anything

Vote: Lavinya
  • I'm more suspicious of @Lycidas and @Lavinya so I don't want to do this, but we need information. Vote Nylili. If she turns out to be town I will be so mad at myself
    Arix said:
  • And that would be a lynch!

Nylili was "The Possessed"

Aura of Evil - You can transpose your aura over another player and subvert them to your will, changing their role to "The Recruit". However you can only control 1 person at a time, and moving your aura to another will require the death of your current recruit. If your Recruit uses the Ritual Sacrifice power, you will be able to convert another recruit the same night.

The Cult wins when you control 50% of the remaining players, and loses when you die.

The Town wins again!
  • edited February 2019
    Wow, @Nylili! You killed it. I'm impressed with your misdirections. If only you had voted for Arix lol
    Arix said:
  • Yayyy! 

This was fun. That picture is scary. And I had a feeling we were really overthinking the power of this "Possessed"!
  • The Possessed was a very last minute addition because I didn't feel like picking out different power roles for Town, and leaving it the same felt like it was giving Town a big advantage with the knowledge they had from the first game, as Lycidas demonstrated on Day 2.
  • Also I totally missed out seeing people's reactions to the Recruit flipping in the first game so I really wanted some kind of a surprise to throw in some confusion.  Sylandra is dangerously perceptive as always though.
  • Can we have another go at it? I have some ideas for balance changes, so I'd obviously sit out.