Wonderbrazier IllusorySelf

Wonderbrazier Illusoryself is generally considered too powerful to have in the hands of everyone has an artifact. This differs from the skill because there is an opportunity cost associated with choosing a skillset (you forgo other skillsets while choosing glamours) whereas with the artifact, you can have it with any skillset. With that in mind, I don't think we need to consider changing the Glamours skill itself at this point in time, and any change will be limited to the Wonderbrazier. Feel free to comment on the solutions down below.

*Poll is anonymous so people can vote as they see fit.

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited March 2019
    Personally I think changing it to PvE only would be best fitting, or perhaps have an altered version so that the glamours version stays as is, but the brazier effect is only effective against denizens (not including supermobs?)

Solution 3 sounds like it is heavily focussed around PvP and would pretty much cripple its usage in hunting (you never know what attack a mob is going to use, so you could use it only to be hit by a weak attack then end up taking the full force of their stronger attack)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I'm with Kagato on all points. Let the original skill keep full PvP, and the brazier be  a watered-down health shield for bashing.
  • With Ixion on smobs
  • PvE only is best, as it is fitting with what I imagine the original intent of it being included with the Wonderbrazier was. Making guards and org Smobs ignore it however would be very prudent and fair to everyone involved. For obvious reasons, given historical use.
  • I think we have a clear vote @Orael. Can we have it be PvE as is, with org Smobs bypassing it?
  • We'll go with Sol 1. We'll likely change the name of it from IllusorySelf to IllusoryShield or something, but it'll have the same effect.
  • Thank you, definitely a way to differentiate it from the class skill itself sounds lovely.
  • What about something a little more connected to the brazier and light/heat, like Mirage Shield?
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Are you still going to allow Mirage/Illusory Shield to be dispelled by Illusionists/Critique? This is mainly only applicable in domoths, where the mobs attacking the claimant can actually be pretty helpful to the attackers (especially Crown level). I think this would retain that strategic element if it were still dispellable.

• edited March 2019
    Maligorn said:
    Are you still going to allow Mirage/Illusory Shield to be dispelled by Illusionists/Critique? This is mainly only applicable in domoths, where the mobs attacking the claimant can actually be pretty helpful to the attackers (especially Crown level). I think this would retain that strategic element if it were still dispellable.
    Yeah, it'll be the same exact thing, just a different name (so we can differentiate between the skill and the artifact)

Edit* and PvE only
  • This has been implemented.
This discussion has been closed.