Wonderbrazier Purify

Wonderbrazier is generally considere too harsh against melders (removing the use of their primary skillset for a time)

I'm not sold 100% on any solution so if you have other alternatives, please suggest them below.

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    @Orael with solution 1 that you have listed, if it were to increase esteem generation, would it stack with things like the Mask of Esteemed Beauty, Mark of Devoted Servant and/or Divine Cookies?
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • edited March 2019
    Kagato said:
    @Orael with solution 1 that you have listed, if it were to increase esteem generation, would it stack with things like the Mask of Esteemed Beauty, Mark of Devoted Servant and/or Divine Cookies?
    Yes

It's been brought to my attention that the wonderbrazier has a similar effect already.

Another option would be using it to generate soulfire.
  • It should, since Regal Wondermask and Mask of Esteemed Beauty do indeed stack.
  • for the "weather aura", would it just set the weather conditions in that room at the mild/no malus conditions like an anti-Shaman? Or would it be more like a personal Weatherproof def and weather conditions don't affect the user but do everyone else?
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • That's a great point. I think it should just make it to where weather 'feels' like it's pleasant warmth, as to not require wardrobes for insulation. I really hope it doesn't go anti-shaman.
  • It wouldn't be anti-shaman, just a personal weatherproof type thing I suppose.
  • edited March 2019
    Esteem generation is a bit odd. Spark already does that on brazier.
    1. Spark - Increases esteem gain from influencing by 10%.

Instead, how about making engulf/corpse offering better? It's still majorly worse in terms of esteem generation even after report 1883 went through.

Swap Engulf and Purify ability # placement. 
    12. Engulf (no change)
    14. Purify 2.0 (passive) - Corpses are purified, making them worth 100% of offering value when engulfed.
  • Ixion said:
    Esteem generation is a bit odd. Spark already does that on brazier.
    1. Spark - Increases esteem gain from influencing by 10%.

Instead, how about making engulf/corpse offering better? It's still majorly worse in terms of esteem generation even after report 1883 went through.

Swap Engulf and Purify ability # placement. 
    12. Engulf (no change)
    14. Purify 2.0 (passive) - Corpses are purified, making them worth 100% of offering value when engulfed.
    I like this idea then option 1 after. 
  • What Ixion and Innon said, please and thank you.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    And move engulf lower on the brazier while you're at it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I don't mind option three but it feels a bit wonky just. Not sure if it has any use just on poisons for 10 power.

How about a 10 power ability that just acts as a full cure on yourself?

Ohh erm just had a bit of a random idea. Bit of an outside the box idea but what if casting it in a room stopped all power abilities from being used for 30 seconds. 
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Really depends on what extent you were talking about with regards to a 'full cure'.  Sounds like another Trueheal, which we already have on one of the peppermint artifacts (albeit that one can only be used on another person, not yourself.)  Something akin to Sacrifice might be interesting... 
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Was thinking just a heal, no prism or anything.
  • More esteem generation is always nice, plus seems to fit with the use of the Wonderbrazier in general.

Plus with the Mage rework being as anticipated as it is, nipping the obvious issue of the skill becoming ineffective at all in the bud is just a smart move. Melds are changing too much for the skill as-is to effect it from what has been discussed of proposed changes.
  • I am actually completely against option 3. 
  • edited March 2019
    @Orael Can we do this as a suggestion?

#   Power
    -------------------
    1   Spark
    2   Buff
    3   Sparkles
    4   Illusiondetect
    5   Figurine
    6   Engulf
    7   Colourburst
    8   Blur
    9   Resist
    10  Farallies
    11  Dreamglimpse
    12  Track
    13  Purify
    14  Fireworks
    15  Leveledfigurine
    16  Soulspark
    17  Beacon
    18  Illusoryself
    19  Boil
    20  Soulfire

This with what Ixion proposed for Purify - Corpses are purified, making them worth 100% of offering value when engulfed. This could be in one of two ways, either doubling the amount of esteem gained for each corpse, or adding its base essence value converted to esteem. I'd prefer the first, as it definitely would probably be easier to implement. I personally believe making Engulf much lower makes it more accessible as a figurine at lower crystal levels, and slowly becomes more and more useful as you put crystals into it.

Edit: Purify - 1x a month you can increase all offerings you perform by 100% for 1 hour.
  • One small issue I have with making the corpses worth 100% is that it makes brazier bombing the best way to offer then.

You can store all your corpses up and only use it when you have full buffs to offer, even temp buffs like poteens and such.

Currently you have to make a choice between offering the corpses for a greater return or saving up for the esteem bomb later on.

I don't really think the brazier should be the best way to offer all the time. 
  • Why not? You have the choice of offering base corpses as you wish, this is an artifact investment that takes a long time to build up to be as potent as it is. What is so wrong about finding a better way to offer to your Divine of choice?
  • I don't know that having engulf do 100% is the way we want to go. I don't know that we want bashing to become the best way to generate esteem and I feel like 100% engulfing would lead very quickly to that.
  • Yea being able to engulf corpses at a loss is still an amazing way to generate esteem  as it is. I was even happy with how much esteem it generated before it got buffed.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    1x per month you can enhance the esteem in your brazier, increasing the contents by 1% (up to some reasonable cap).

Or could just be a flat rate of generation (basically generating some that you can use for Soulfire or whatever).
  • You mean like Purify only Esteem?
    I was kind of thinking of the enhance being a "purification" of the esteem contents, making them more potent.  I ended up not describing it that way because the esteem quantity actually increases, and didn't want to be suggesting something that was taken as a big stretch just to fit the theme.
  • Counter idea that might help everyone. I will edit my post to reflect this as well!

Purify - 1x a month you can increase all offerings you perform by 100% for 1 hour. What does this mean? It makes straight corpse offering more potent, as well as esteem bombs if people are inclined.
  • That sounds alright
  • Purify an opponent - strip a defence

Purify yourself - for X seconds being ablaze cures/heals h/m/e (X/day)

Show in a good light - X% cheaper amnesty from denizens (1/day)
    Wonderpipe already does the amnesty thing, only it's free.  (I have used it to get unenemied to almost all NPC orgs, excepting things like kepherans).
  • Xenthos said:
    Wonderpipe already does the amnesty thing, only it's free.  (I have used it to get unenemied to almost all NPC orgs, excepting things like kepherans).
    Gah! Wish I'd noticed that. Time to go on an unenemying spree.
    Dys said:
    Xenthos said:
    Gah! Wish I'd noticed that. Time to go on an unenemying spree.
    It is not a guarantee of success, but using it has a very high chance of rolling the 10 (permanent) and I was greatly impressed at how easy it was compared to without it.

I am personally more a fan of getting more esteem from things on the brazier vs. powers that buff the dumping of esteem.  I like to stockpile stuff, after all!
  • Guiding light - reduces balance on track (main thing I love the brazier for)

Dazzle - blinds everyone in room apart from user (X/day). Or just enemies.
This discussion has been closed.