Experience

Hi

I got titan many weaves ago and I was wondering what's up with it. I have stopped bashing completly because the pay out from certain mobs is drasticly low which I have only been getting .1 from influencing kephera and guards. Even linked creatures have resulted in .1 exp. I was wondering am I bugged or does all exp go to.1?

Comments

• KioKio
    edited June 2013
    .1 exp at Titan sounds like a blessing from what I've heard.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    You're not bugged! Titan is your final climb to demigod. It's going to be your hardest level yet.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Welcome to Titan. It's not considered the longest grind for nothing. I promise, it's not bugged.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    All xp doesn't go to .1, it just takes a lot more xp to go from 99 to 100 than it does to go from 98 to 99. The saying goes that you've reached the halfway point to demigod once you're a titan. Someone looked at the actual numbers and it's not really true (iirc), but it's pretty close to the truth.
  • thanks and crap!
  • Well sometimes when I finish an influence it dosen't raise it by .1 so about .1 exp.
    or less. I remember getting around 0.03% per guard, before ikons/gold tonics etc, so nothing but harmony.

• oo how do you get ahold of gold tonic?
    You'll have to find someone selling them, they only come from the wheel now!

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    It's not .1 exp, it's .1% of the total amount of exp needed.

Which means if it's 0.1 you'd need to do that a thousand times. If it's 0.01 then ten thousand.

The jump between 98-99 is the ultimate steep incline in the game. Things are worth about 1% of what they were going 98 - 99

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I have a harmony blessing and consumed an ikon and I am only getting less than .1 percent.
  • It happens. Takes people months to get through titan.

Depends on the quality of the Ikon you consume as to how good the bonus is.

Common is 10%
    Uncommon is 25%
    Rare is 50%
    Epic is 100%
    Legendary is 200%

And no, they don't stack with each other or themselves. They do stack with lips/harmony/achievement/gold tonic. If you stack up a full 500% exp (300% + Legendary Ikon) and power influence your way through somewhere like Chancel or Lirangsha, you'll notice a gain.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• This is why you will hear every so often people looking for aetherhunts/aetherhunters. The experience from aetherhunting is significantly better, if you can keep groups together long enough to do it. Titan is always a long drag compared to all the previous levels, though.
  • I actually find that aetherhunts are less efficient than a dedicated bashing routine. Especially if you're just a siphoner. I'm guessing that a really well setup aetherhunt would be more exp per hour than any bashing routine, but most of the time aetherhunts will run into small problems that add up to slow down the rate. Things like waiting for people to gather, forgetting to hit their turret fire alias, looking for vortices or setting up shockwaves can stack up to waste time and lower the exp rate.

On the other hand, the really good bashing routines require a significant amount of investment on a personal level. You have to be decently tanky to hit the high-end areas, and you also need the min-maxed bashing race for your class, and for certain archetypes, being tanky and being min-maxed is actually mutually exclusive. A good knowledge of the good bashing routines is also required, and the best bashing spots always come with PK risk.

I actually completed more of my titan grind bashing than aetherhunting. Though that might also partly be due to the fact that my online times during that period usually excluded me from usual aetherhunting timings. The best way to grind is to ignore the end goal, and pretend you like to grind for the sake of grinding. The less you think about how far away from your goal, the easier it is to push on without giving up.

• 99-100 is only difficult during the first time you do it ;)
    If it's broken, break it some more.
    Well organised Astral group farms can be highly profitable, especially if your team can pull off double links.

• Nobody who is a titan aetherhunts on a collector >.>

Nobody smart, anyway.