Idea to help increase interaction

2»

Comments

• Well the game did well for years with just 4 orgs, until Glom overtook everything. I don't remember as much before Glom since I was an actual noobie back then. If we did that and brought out a jojobo/ackleberry commune later and you just create the skills slowly starting with ackleberry skills then jojobo skills. When the population can handle it. Sun definitly doesn't fit well with moon or night themes because of the excorable nature of it to wise. It might fit a little better with lake. I can see an air/water theme considering rain storms a prevalent in both mage groups and the magma theme would fit well also. With the extended culture of those combined orgs. I'm not exactly sure what those would look like.
  • I can see that link and can appreciate that mindset. But I must still insist it is Mag/Halli so that I can go full Pacific Rim with the 'science' orgs merging.
  • Lycidas said:
    I can see that link and can appreciate that mindset. But I must still insist it is Mag/Halli so that I can go full Pacific Rim with the 'science' orgs merging.
    I think there is a closer association in themes between Gaudi and Mag (even though I pushed for a celest alliance back as Tetres) the nihilist feel chained to fate and want to break away. The illuminati took the primordial half formed to improve themselves, becoming masters of their own fate. The magma themes work well with poisonous gasses coming from pyroclastic plumes and the earth spitting out fire. Each org will have their own version of atheistic and religious groups as we'll as scientific. It rounds the cities out better.
  • There is also what to do with mage demesnes. Obviously two different kind of mages will have trouble holding areas it may end up combined into a magmamancy and stormancy group. Keeping them seperate in the chemantic abilities.
  • Kaindor said:
    Well the game did well for years with just 4 orgs, until Glom overtook everything. I don't remember as much before Glom since I was an actual noobie back then. If we did that and brought out a jojobo/ackleberry commune later and you just create the skills slowly starting with ackleberry skills then jojobo skills. When the population can handle it. Sun definitly doesn't fit well with moon or night themes because of the excorable nature of it to wise. It might fit a little better with lake. I can see an air/water theme considering rain storms a prevalent in both mage groups and the magma theme would fit well also. With the extended culture of those combined orgs. I'm not exactly sure what those would look like.
    Oh I'd expect the Nature org would be Yudhe focused, kinda a balance between divinus/dynara and excorable/magnora because He created them and the nameless son. Everything is so messed up because up to a cosmic level everything's kinda out of whack. They'd align more with the Maeve rather than the individual greater fae so you could have a story about how sun has changed now and they need to find a way to help Him fit into the current balance if he were to awaken again.

For extended cultures, it really depends on how you mix things cause you can have your core which is where you've got the things the orgs already have in common and bits you've blended together but then you can spin off the bigger differences into guilds.

Kaindor said:
    There is also what to do with mage demesnes. Obviously two different kind of mages will have trouble holding areas it may end up combined into a magmamancy and stormancy group. Keeping them seperate in the chemantic abilities.
    I'd do mistmancy (caligomancy?) personally just cause there'd be a nature org :p

But for demesnes it'd be something to work out with the melder rework cause that'll really change things and what's possible.
  • What's happening with the melder rework?
  • Kaindor said:
    What's happening with the melder rework?
    NFI to be honest, I have like snatches of a discord convo on the Seren server from ages ago that's about all the information I have on it.
  • Kaindor said:
    It's scheduled for after shardfalls. Probably.
  • Kaindor said:

Report 01191901

Admin comment was:                                                   
    --[Comment #1]----------------------------------------------------------
    While I don't have any issue with this report, it won't be addressed until April
    with the rest of the reports, which is also when the druid/mage overhaul is 
    suppose to become the focus of coding resources.