Cement Socks/Featherweight Charm

2»

Comments

• Also, again, Featherweight is only essential for one particular strategic use. Nose is useful for multiple reasons in any given engagement. Stop trying to compare them, they're not equitable.

I myself lack a featherweight and see no reason to buy it. But as I already described, there is a useful point to having it if you want to rely on repeatedly engaging and being pulled out to safety to confuse the enemy, using hit and run strategies (in a world without cavalry and mounted archers, this is the closest equivalent I suppose, was the very reason the Golden Horde did so well in the real world after all)...but for the general populace till our numbers got whittled down to 1.5 nations total in combatant strength, it's very much NOT the only or even most relied on method.

Putting a delayed onset for rooting changes after wearing/removing the charm is the most fair and balanced way to go about this I feel. So instead of harping on an unrelated artifact....the nose....to sneak in an advantage lost in this balancing act, lets discuss if the rest of you feel the same way towards the Featherweight.
  • edited March 2019
    Sure it sounds like you maybe don't know the main uses behind the featherweight charm shango. Its main use isn't really for hit and run tactics as you describe.

The main strength of it is being used in groups to avoid kill set ups that the individual can't avoid themselves. Now its much more useful for some and vs some classes than others for sure depending on the situation.

I suppose its not so much that the feather charm is needed in that it is just useful for covering up against some of the more powerful group combos in the game. 

I'm fine with a short delay on it. Activate it and then after 3 seconds it starts to work and it'll still keep its usefulness as an aid in countering group combos but it just wouldn't be as reliable as it used to be. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I think 3s is too short for an activation delay, btw.
  • Being used to avoid kill setups is...exactly what I'm describing. Whole point of hit and run is to do just that, but still apply pressure yourself with alternating numbers to maintain.
  • There might be a more general place for this, but these artifacts being changed: will their owners receive a full refund of costs paid? Ie. Credits paid for the charm/socks, full wonder crystal return on brazier? I've seen it in other ire games when an artifact is changed in a significant way, just wondering if the same standard will be held. Probably easier to get people to swallow the changes as well.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Lol @ the idea of featherweight charm being a standard item in your kit. I understand, Veyils, people want to nerf featherweight and you like being immovable or rescueable at the drop of a hat. You don't have to try and rope scent nose into it and ruin things for everyone else.

• Synl said:
    There might be a more general place for this, but these artifacts being changed: will their owners receive a full refund of costs paid? Ie. Credits paid for the charm/socks, full wonder crystal return on brazier? I've seen it in other ire games when an artifact is changed in a significant way, just wondering if the same standard will be held. Probably easier to get people to swallow the changes as well.

Yea if your retiring the artifact or changing it in a major way its pretty common to just offer full refund if people want.

Imperian did this when they went free to play as well.
  • Well, either of the options presented do not change the function of the artifact, so I don't see a need to hand out a recall on it. You're still getting the effect you bought it for. But here comes the disagrees because adding any kind of balance to it is a MAJOR change.
  • I don't think it's appropriate for refunds in this case, these artifacts have been around for quite a while and their owners have reaped rewards from them already: As pointed out you evidently needed them to be competitive in War, and that gives out loads of credits! 
  • I'm aware that Sol 3 is the option that has the most votes, but I agree that changing it to requiring masochism would make the featherweight charm useless.

With that in mind, I think we'll go with Solution 2, but extend it to 30sec before it takes effect. 

I don't believe this constitutes a major change, but that's likely a perspective issue. If people want refunds for it, they can email support@lusternia.com or issue themselves and we'll look into it.
  • The Brazier I could understand, since it still does 99% of what it's supposed to. But the charm/socks were bought specifically for their (ab)use. This is not a moral judgment - you should of course buy things that make your life better. But if that (ab)use is what was advertised, and that (ab)use was then changed, I feel a refund is fair. This is from someone who owns neither of these artifacts, but does make a living off the service industry. That's all.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I thought 3s was too short.  Similarly I think 30s is too long.  Still, the delayed activation is the solution I prefer and it should be pretty easy to change the number around a bit if needed in the future.  And who knows, maybe 30s will be fine, no way to really tell without trying it I suppose.
  • 15s was a bit long to my thinking but somewhat fair...30s is yeesh :x 
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    I can realistically see people wanting a refund with 30s, since it is a quite severe nerf to the artifact. (disclaimer: I own neither and don't see myself ever getting them since I rarely PvP)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Xenthos said:
    I thought 3s was too short.  Similarly I think 30s is too long.  Still, the delayed activation is the solution I prefer and it should be pretty easy to change the number around a bit if needed in the future.  And who knows, maybe 30s will be fine, no way to really tell without trying it I suppose.
    Huh I would prefer that it remains an instant use item, but perhaps you need balance or equilibrium to use it? And maybe hit has a long cool down?
    That way it can still be used for rescue as intended? But not repeatedly?
    Like once per combat/IGmonth?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• This has been implemented. See the changelog in game for details.
This discussion has been closed.