Unpopular Opinion: Lusternia Edition

Stolen idea from twitter. Post your hot takes here!

(please keep it friendly)

Comments

• Chocolate isn't that bad, guys...
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Shaddus said:
    Divine shouldn't have any say in the political dealings of any org, and I'd prefer to divorce them from orgs entirely.
    I can think of some cool things we'd be able to do if divine weren't able to be like "Hey no"
  • Aydeksa said:
    Shaddus said:
    Divine shouldn't have any say in the political dealings of any org, and I'd prefer to divorce them from orgs entirely.
    I can think of some cool things we'd be able to do if divine weren't able to be like "Hey no"
    Once upon a time, Hallifax and Gaudiguch were totally going to join forces. And then...

(It's been a few years. Try it again guys)
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • edited March 2019
    Arix said:
    Serenwilde secretly venerates the undead, but won't admit it
    Secretly?

(though apparently this was a shock to serens during the guild overhaul)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I think some of you are unfamiliar with the concept of this post. All you need to do is "agree" or "disagree"; no other responses are requested.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Crow is definitely stronger than Stag but the Fates are just biased so that's why crow dies so much
  • All artifacts should be removed.
    Yes, including that one.
  • edited March 2019
    Shadowdancers do NOT require EITHER asthma or anorexia in their secondary when they have access to hexes as a tertiary. Especially so when you have asthma given on a passive tick after reaching an unravel threshold.

Edit: My mistake. This is probably a popular opinion.

Edit2: I feel the need to convey how tongue-in-cheek this is.
  • Nobody really cares about Glomdoring skills. They are a thinly disguised veil to attack the players.
  • Kistan said:
    Nobody really cares about Glomdoring skills. They are a thinly disguised veil to attack the players.

That's not really accurate. I have no qualms with anybody, but I definitely care about all skills and knowing what state they're in compared to others. I like to think most people are that way, and try to strive for balanced PVP in hopes for enjoyment in that genre of the game they've chosen to invest time into.
  • Stop flaming my thread please 

• (Also, unpopular opinion: banshees are cute - you guys are just mean)
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Next year the Justice Seal should be replaced with Freezetag
  • Bairloch said:
    PvP isn't fun. More focus should be put on Ikon battles as the main form of conflict across Lusternia.
    Ikon battles have no real skill. You can get away with having a single gestalt that wins most battles. I wouldn't call it anything like a TCG. The only real strategy to it is if you already know a person's gestalt before you start and you build a counter for it.
  • There should be a yearly vote of the playerbase to shrub one character, by simple majority.
  • Simple majority is a poor voting system that inherently leads to factionalism. Instead, use IRV.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It's totally ok to try and find out what other character someone played before deciding to let them in your org.

/sarcasm

• Lavinya said:
    It's totally ok to try and find out what other character someone played before deciding to let them in your org.

/sarcasm
    Honours should include how many times you’ve retired from the game.
  • edited March 2019
    For another:

I'm starting to think a "A realm reborn" reboot that ends the Age of Ascension and moves the game into a future age might work and I'm not really sure that it's not worth the gamble.
  • edited March 2019
    Shaddus said:
    People under a certain vote weight on a character shouldn't be able to log into the forums under that character.
    Let's go for a triple heh, cause this is also seemingly unpopular and why I disagreed.

The game needs to be breaking down the social behaviours and admin stuff that ignores people who are falling out of engagement with the game or have disengaged.
    Rather than continuing to do so and implementing systems that reinforce that only engaged players matter. (Such as the envoy vote weight mechanic rather than another method)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    When you (general term) tell people that all they need to do to win is try harder, and they try harder and win, don't complain and take a hiatus.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
This discussion has been closed.