Absence Thread

Comments

• So long Lusternia! It has been fun.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I've been taking a bit of an unplanned break over the holidays due to life things and lots of various demands for my attention, and it will continue until at least later this week. Apologies to anyone this has been affecting, but if there's anything urgent, send me a message -- I will be keeping an eye on them!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• No internet til Friday I think! In better news  I am moved in at least!
  • Foehn said:
    So long Lusternia! It has been fun.
    Message #5734 sent by Foehn (received: 2018/12/19 16:07:22)
       So long, Hierophant.

Well, I just happened to find this message and it pains me to remember this had happened. You'll be missed my friend/favorite protege/coding genius/RP partner.
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • Portius said:
    Well, that Gala was a delightful way to end my time in Lusternia, but I think it is time to move on. Lots of reasons for that. Some burning out, mostly objecting to policy. Not just in the library, either, but in many areas of the game. I'm sure that half of you have heard me whining about it already. I can't actually retire Portius because of the credit threshold, so I guess there's the option of coming back if those policies change. But I wouldn't be leaving if I expected that to happen. If you're sticking around, I hope you still get joy out of Lusternia. If not, I wish you well wherever you go.

For what it's worth, I had a good time in Lusternia and met a lot of people that I like. If you feel a burning need to contact me, you can just send a forum message and it'll email me. Or Discord me if that's easier.
    Vale, Magister.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • edited March 2019
    While I wait for the last three hours to tick down, I figured I would do my own sign off. I got drawn back into the game by a friend that wanted to spend some time again, after a year of silence, so I made Lycidas. Quickly I fell back into routine and put in a lot of time and effort into a game that gave zero <expletives> about me. I fought for what I believed in, put my comforts to the side and stood up against the opposition. I hated every minute of logging in simply because the overbearing piss-poor attitude that is allowed to exist. Granted you're usually going to have better opinions of the people you happen to spend time with, or work with, but I know how to be unbiased and objective, it is very much part of what makes me who I am. I am nothing more than a logic processor, I do not have emotions to convey, and I have no empathy. I am a diagnosed psychopath and perform the facade to appear more human than I am on the day-to-day. Thus, if you see/n me using words that convey emotion, it is for your benefit and comprehension. Preface out of the way, let's begin:

It is pathetic what is allowed to happen, simply because of the fallacy known as 'Appeal to Emotion' that happens so frequently, it is the norm. I completely understand the mindsets that are displayed and trumped up to be these positive lifestyles and I don't blame them. Every single person here at some point in their life has deluded themselves because they so badly wanted to believe something is real, true even. Whether a new movie or game you've been hyped for releases and you tell yourself it was amazing, even though you know it was awful. This is what is being exhibited, because it is beyond even this. It is delusion beyond just coping, but actual belief. I honestly pity those that are stuck in this delusion and believe their very words to the core. I think Glomdoring's tenet of False Memory is perfect for this. Grossly summed up, it is forcing yourself to believe what you want to believe, and everything else is false. Ironic that a RP character feature has instead influenced that character's player, rather than the way it normally is.

This problem is rampant and has actually ran players off from the game, including myself, because of just how intolerable it is. I am a grown man with better things to do than to listen to some people delude themselves into these hero figures and paragons of positivity. Glomdoring has some good folks in it that aren't this oppressive nonsense and actively desire a game that is fun for more than just themselves. I would say, "You know who you are." but the deluded individuals will include themselves. If we don't start doing something about this, the game is going to continue to crash into a downward spiral. I -know- the admins have the data and are seeing player retention slipping, and that this "influx of newbies" is literally just people making an alt to poke around, then leave. Some of those numbers are actually new people, but that is the severe minority. Ascension this year, today at posting, is going to be the biggest joke in the history of Lusternia. I honestly feel bad for Yendor, because he deserves so much better than what he's going to get. A mediocre 'domination' because there simply aren't the numbers to raise opposition and give him a fight to at least christen becoming TA. If a hollow victory doesn't matter to you, then my early congrats on your achievement.

Anyway, I've rambled long enough, the people this is meant to help aren't going to pay it attention, and will chalk it up to trolling and yet another toxic player leaving the game to fade into a bad memory. I've supported this game: Through envoys, game events, leadership roles, ideas, bug testing, and everything inbetween since the damned beta, where has the beloved game I've invested so much time, effort, and money into gone? We already know once Ascension is over, a chunk of people are going to go dormant again, and even more will retire out. People are -not- joking when we say that the few players of Glomdoring are ruining this game and that admins not stepping in to address will cause the collapse. I also want to wrap this up by addressing something. How are you going to tell people to 'git gud' and try harder, when you don't even know jack about conflict? Are you vocal heralds going to honestly believe you're good? Enadonella nearly shattered herself on me while I ignored her in a revolt while Deichtine just stood there doing nothing. That doesn't sound so bad right? WRONG! This happened four individual times in the SAME revolt, WHILE I was actively influencing the villagers! IT IS CALLED DIVERT YOU NIT! I alone could've drug out that revolt for HOURS because the lack of competency, thank whatever God(s) you worship that Yendor showed up and actually posed a threat. Get off the high horses and wake up, we all see the illusion and will collectively laugh at the imcompetence and delusions all the way down.

P.S - Saving all this and will continue to distribute it even if this is taken down. Fight me.

Sincerely,
    Yet Another Toxic Veteran Leaving
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Going to be scarce for a few days to avoid serious burnout. Send me a message in-game or on forums if necessary.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    Going to be scarce for a few days to avoid serious burnout. Send me a message in-game or on forums if necessary.
    I hope it wasn't because of the recent PK happenings! It was nice to see you turn out at Ascension (you were awesome btw) and more recently today.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Rancoura said:
    This is really presumptuous of me, so I'm sorry if I come off completely off the mark, but,

Don't love your character so much that you become emotionally compromised if they die. It's a lesson I had to learn in my first few years of PKing. If you can't do that, then don't fall into peer pressure or (again) the demands of your character and choose instead to opt out.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Come back for more potato shenanigans~
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I will be gone a few days.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • I'm done with the forums at this point. It's making me depressed. Say hi in game if you want.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    edited April 2019
    If you see my flailing about or acting otherwise not in my right and non-anxious mind, or I disappear, don't worry -- it will end on April 22.

EDIT: In case anyone was worried, all this means is that I have a TON of stuff to finish for everything I have to do next week, so I'm under a lot of pressure. But all the stuff is over on April 21.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Hallifax admin things will be a bit slow over the coming few days as I'm away. Don't shoot @Ein with the death ray without me, kids.
  • Wait we have a death ray?
  • Aydeksa said:
    Wait we have a death ray?
    I think Hallifax used the death ray to melt Mt. Zoaka back in the day.

But maybe I just dreamed that.
    I believe we all just dreamed it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• I'll probably be more sparse the coming weeks as per usual this time of year.
  • I just bought a new place, and have been busy with moving and all that's involved. Not completely gone, but will be quiet for a little while longer!
  • You get yourself sorted and get comfortable. Enjoy making home before being sucked back into fantasy land!
  • On vacation for two weeks, back mid-June.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • Less a precise statement so much as a general forecast:

Retention has been tricky business at work, and there's a long string of vacations liable to start up at the end of June. I have no idea how things are going to work out just yet with people leaving and vacationing, so if I turn suddenly scarce over July and August - that'd be why.

I know I"m already hit or miss when it comes to logging in. But this time, it's for a reason. I'm moving in a month! Which means we need to find a place to live. And pack. And say our goodbyes. But I'm moving!

• Ein said:
    Sorry, Gaudiguch! I didn't go inactive, life just overwhelmed me the last few weeks. I'll be back soon! Got a nice long vacation coming up.

Its alright. Just like RL you will find all the other Gods did a stint while you were away and you can come back to a clean empty inbox