Unpopular Opinion: Lusternia Edition

Comments

• edited March 2019
    There should be an IG league table of issues vs. other players.
  • Walking into my room multiple times while I'm doing dailies because you're tracking whatever is following me and are not paying attention is not ok.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The Twelve only sacrificed weak, ineffectual elders which wouldn't have helped in the battle against the Soulless. They were right in doing so, because those elders would have been eaten anyway.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Kistan said:
    Nobody really cares about Glomdoring skills. They are a thinly disguised veil to attack the players.

• edited March 2019
    > Poke the enemy org during an 'off peak' time
    > Enemy org responds and raids you in response on the same day at the 'off peak' time, immediately afterwards.
    > "Why would our enemy raid us off peak?"

--
    Unpopular opinion: Off peak is a fantasy construct developed to marginalise players in certain timezones.
  • edited March 2019
    off-peak [awf-peek]
    adjective
    When you the player are not currently looking at the screen to pay attention
    Dude, you raided us off-peak, that's not okay!
  • edited March 2019
  • There are certain people who think they should never be killed, and if they are killed then they "nerf" the enemy skill because it obviously can't be balanced. 
  • Ooc channels are opt-in
  • Petition to make mechanics discussions acceptable IC, to lessen the artificial need for separate OOC channels.
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • Don't call them dailycredits because itrefers to the RL day
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • I've heard some people call them their daily bread, which I found highly amusing
  • In tie-in with the Tweets thread -
    Unpopular opinion - Rework laurels to only hide honours lines and clans.
  • Lycidas said:
    In tie-in with the Tweets thread -
    Unpopular opinion - Rework laurels to only hide honours lines and clans.
    Should be unpopular for a reason, the artifact is already outrageously overpriced, giving it less coverage would be stupid
  • Omg I hate laurels, I'm like, "stop being mysterious!!"

Also, what's the point of having a lot of cool honours under your name if you're just gonna hide it with "Access Denied" or something like that?
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Because some people don't want you to know what they're up to and may do quests solely to learn lore IC.
  • Honours quest completions are in-character actions regardless of your reasoning.
    Lore can be found out without say... being a Glom who empowers Mother Moon, a Celestian who works with the Earth crystal in Xion, a Seren who creates an Eaf, etc.
  • Aydeksa said:
    Should be unpopular for a reason, the artifact is already outrageously overpriced, giving it less coverage would be stupid
    So just lower the price if less coverage is given? Seems simple to me.
  • Saran said:
    Honours quest completions are in-character actions regardless of your reasoning.
    Lore can be found out without say... being a Glom who empowers Mother Moon, a Celestian who works with the Earth crystal in Xion, a Seren who creates an Eaf, etc.
    Not sure where I said questing wasn't IC

IC I'd like to do the eaf quest due to someone telling me about it but I know OOCly that it would suck since it's so easy to see who did what quests
  • edited March 2019
    Aydeksa said:
    Not sure where I said questing wasn't IC

IC I'd like to do the eaf quest due to someone telling me about it but I know OOCly that it would suck since it's so easy to see who did what quests

I would, too, but I don't want to hide my honors because 1. Too much pride, and 2. There's a roleplay aspect of knowing that the quests are done IC, and knowing that other people could know you did them... like a certain Gaudiguchian announcing on market that "Hallifax had raised Marani" that time I did the quest, for reasons. Both annoying and hilarious. The fact that honors can prove it adds a level of 'do I really want to do this' to the calculation that I like. And of course, could always create alts just to try the quest.

Edit: Although on the eaf quest, it's backwards. IC I'd never do it.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
This discussion has been closed.