Simple questions?

Comments

• Is there any way to convert a censer of one type into a censer of another type, rather than having to trade it in and re-purchase a different one?
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Can someone explain these to me?

I'm assuming it has to do with the Displaced Wilds, because players can't change terrain like that. For example, if I try to condensate a room on Air, I'll get the error message indicating it's already cloudy.

Actually, come to think of it, the error message has changed.

This is my trigger line for when a room is already condensated:

^Look around. This is already filled with clouds!$

This is what it looks like now:

Why would you change it to what it already is?

Not a complaint per se, but if the admin are gonna change some stuff around, some sort of alert would be nice. Unless there was one and I missed it? @Orael (sorry)

• Kethaera said:
    Is there any way to convert a censer of one type into a censer of another type, rather than having to trade it in and re-purchase a different one?
    J You should be able to reskin it maybe?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Maligorn said:
    Can someone explain these to me?

I'm assuming it has to do with the Displaced Wilds, because players can't change terrain like that. For example, if I try to condensate a room on Air, I'll get the error message indicating it's already cloudy.

Actually, come to think of it, the error message has changed.

This is my trigger line for when a room is already condensated:

^Look around. This is already filled with clouds!$

This is what it looks like now:

Why would you change it to what it already is?

Not a complaint per se, but if the admin are gonna change some stuff around, some sort of alert would be nice. Unless there was one and I missed it? @Orael (sorry)

You probably didn't notice, but that happened everywhere a while back- All terrain in the game became neutral, even if it was something that a mage should have been able to meld in the first place, and a layer of whatever it should have been was added over the top. (At least, that's what I remember it looking like, but I could be wrong.) So in places like Zoaka and the plane of Fire, you got the burning on top of volcanic or desert, which could be dismissed with a trueground, and render it unmeldable- completely so on the elemental planes, because they couldn't be restored to burning or flooded or foggy with mage skills. This was quickly fixed once reported, but the terrain overlay didn't actually go away, mostly because it didn't really need to. You can see some of it in places like the beach on the Cay.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Oh, I vaguely recall this. But why change the error message on trying to terrain something that's already the terrain you want it to be? I'd be more okay with it if it weren't just seemingly slapped on there.

• Tylwyth said:
    Kethaera said:
    Is there any way to convert a censer of one type into a censer of another type, rather than having to trade it in and re-purchase a different one?
    J You should be able to reskin it maybe?
    This is what I thought, too, but I haven't been able figure out how.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It isn't a reskinnable thing, it's a totally different item. I'm afraid you'll have to buy a whole new item.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    It isn't a reskinnable thing, it's a totally different item. I'm afraid you'll have to buy a whole new item.
    I did eventually get this answered, but thanks, @Shaddus. At least it's a chance to pick something that might be more useful.
  • If I want to suggest adding an item to the list of approved commodities to be used for cooking designs, because of a specific design I have in mind, what's the best channel to go about it?
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Coraline said:
    If I want to suggest adding an item to the list of approved commodities to be used for cooking designs, because of a specific design I have in mind, what's the best channel to go about it?
    Go ahead and design the thing. Conceive of the best substitute items you can think of. Add a comment in your own design pointing out the issue - suggest the addition of the new commodity if deemed applicable.

Chances are it will either: get rejected and the Charites work on adding the new item, or they are chill with your sub(s). If the design is public, it will have the added benefit of the comment circulating through acceptance for everyone to be able to reference.

If you don't want to take that risk on rejection for whatever reasons, or you feel they might reject the concept based on other reasons (too modern?), messaging the Charites also works. Just be ready to exercise patience.

• Jolanthe said:
    Coraline said:
    If I want to suggest adding an item to the list of approved commodities to be used for cooking designs, because of a specific design I have in mind, what's the best channel to go about it?
    Go ahead and design the thing. Conceive of the best substitute items you can think of. Add a comment in your own design pointing out the issue - suggest the addition of the new commodity if deemed applicable.

Chances are it will either: get rejected and the Charites work on adding the new item, or they are chill with your sub(s). If the design is public, it will have the added benefit of the comment circulating through acceptance for everyone to be able to reference.

If you don't want to take that risk on rejection for whatever reasons, or you feel they might reject the concept based on other reasons (too modern?), messaging the Charites also works. Just be ready to exercise patience.

Thank you!! I think I'll try the first suggestion
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Is there a way to see your submitted design in a cartel you left? (I can't use cartel <name> list because I'm no longer in the cartel)
  • Nope, you need to be apart of the cartel to see the listing.
  • Welp. I hope it doesn't get rejected. 
  • Does DESIGN PENDING not work?
  • Does DESIGN PENDING not work?
    Just tried, and nope
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    CONFIG DESIGNMESSAGES ON

(I think)

Will tell you when a design is accepted or rejected, even if you aren't in the cartel.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Shaddus said:
    CONFIG DESIGNMESSAGES ON

(I think)

Will tell you when a design is accepted or rejected, even if you aren't in the cartel.
    Though that will only work if you were set as the designer for that particular design.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• edited March 2019
    Yeah I have it turned on and I'm set as the designer. I was just a dumb TM and didn't save my design if it gets rejected...

But someone helped me out and sent me a copy! Still hope it gets accepted though...
  • It got rejected. Now I have a copy, but I don't know why it got rejected. I'm also not sure if I'm allowed to resubmit it through another cartel..
  • @Charites I think your assistance would be appreciated. Sorry for the ping.
  • Oh I messaged them after writing this. I got the comments from someone in the old cartel and now just needs to know if I can resubmit it through my new cartel. But I messaged the Charites asking them!
  • Is it worth going human for the xp boost to leveling? How much does it give?
  • Human is a 5% XP boost, not really worth it just for that boost. It might be 10%, math is hard sometimes when you have multiple boosts running. Either which way, a race that gives you overall regens would do way better for grinding than just a small exp buff.
  • So if you put stuff into at nexus it destroys stuff that decays. But your Arties will just reset to your inventory. However putting Gold Coins in and they just sit there, waiting for someone to reach into the nexus and take it out/back.  Now we can get arties that also destroy stuff, AFAIK they work the same way as putting stuff in the nexus, decaying stuff is destroyed arties reset to their owners inventory after a bit. but will coins just there or are they lost forever? 
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• A leprechaun clad in light green exclaims, "Ye've helped us enough, Daxi! Greet King Gilligan for your reward!"
    Where do I find him? The rainbows on Avechna's peak seem to be gone.
  • Anyone possibly know how many cityfavours/communefavours it takes to get to each city/commune rank?

I know going from CR1 > CR2 = 2 favours, and then CR2 > CR3 = 3 favours... but then I lose track.
  • Doesn't it depend who is giving them as well?
  • edited April 2019
    Does it? Only cr6 can give favours so does it matter?

Edit: and iirc cr3 to cr4 was 4 favours