Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• third contesting for Seren CL in like a week
  • Aydeksa said:
    third contesting for Seren CL in like a week
    Joining in when, @Aydeksa?
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Never, Serenwilde is a dumpster fire dude
  • Aydeksa said:
    Never, Serenwilde is a dumpster fire dude
    Wouldn't know, never joined them. I just hear things and feel sad.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • edited March 2019

• Kethaera said:
    Aydeksa said:
    Wouldn't know, never joined them. I just hear things and feel sad.

• Aydeksa said:
    I heard fire *moves over and annexes Serenwilde for conversion to Gaudi's burning forest*
  • For some clarity it looks to be due to the first two failing because a third didn’t contest
  • @Esoneyuna go from smoking sprigs to smoking trees huh?
  • You'd think after two failed elections you might realize people didn't want you to contest
  • edited March 2019
    It's not that bad, just some newish people who don't actually understand how politics works and what exactly the CL can and can't do. (Like, they were accusing the CL of being lazy/nepotistic for not replacing inactive council members, not realising council members are elected by guilds and a family.)
  • Aydeksa said:
    You'd think after two failed elections you might realize people didn't want you to contest
    It'd probably have ended by now if the contest had moved to an election.

This can happen because of the requirement that three people contest as sometimes people don't run because they like one of the options or don't realise the requirement of 3. After the second one I was half tempted to contest just to make the election happen so the posting would stop.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It's not that bad, just some newish people who don't actually understand how politics works and what exactly the CL can and can't do. (Like, they were accusing the CL of being lazy/nepotistic for not replacing inactive council members, not realising council members are elected by guilds and a family.)
    Doesn't it require both the cl to initiate it and a council member to accept it?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • It's not that bad, just some newish people who don't actually understand how politics works and what exactly the CL can and can't do. (Like, they were accusing the CL of being lazy/nepotistic for not replacing inactive council members, not realising council members are elected by guilds and a family.)
    I want to agree with this, in the sense that, thematically, I like Serenwilde. But... come on. If I were so newish that I didn't understand how this worked, I also wouldn't be trying to contest for CL. These are all questions that could be asked - if anyone's around to answer - well before the latest political drama. Accusing your opponent of things they didn't, and even couldn't do is not a really a "newbie" mistake. This is a weak defense, and I'm sorry you feel you have to make it.
  • I don't think Daxi was defending the behavior, but rather calling it out. 
  • Shaddus said:
    Doesn't it require both the cl to initiate it and a council member to accept it?
    No?
    Any org member in good standing can contest CL for 10K gold and another nonCL person contesting within a certain time. If you are a guild leader you have to step down to contest for CL.
    That's it.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    Shaddus said:
    No?
    Any org member in good standing can contest CL for 10K gold and another nonCL person contesting within a certain time. If you are a guild leader you have to step down to contest for CL.
    That's it.
    I mean, my reading of what Daxi meant was like... people complaining the CL didn't use their privs to replace one of the Guild leaders. (in some way other than stepping down and contesting.)

The other council members would be Shaddus's reading of ministers.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    There's a reason I logged in and laughed at the ridiculousness. 

If you don't get how the game works,  you shouldn't be city leader. And then get your nose bent out of joint when people find the whole situation amusing. 

It's not us trying to get people to leave the game but if you're going to do silly IC things, grow a thicker RL skin, or don't do those things!

• Sorry if I was unclear, I meant the guild leaders and house rep, not ministers. And I think a lot of this is just misunderstanding and lack of communication, along with some of the newer members getting frustrated that we don't seem to be successful in the wider scheme of things, not getting villages during revolts and relying on our allies to initiate fights over domoths. A lot of our members are either new and inexperinced in combat or oldies like me who have recently returned and are pretty inexperienced in current combat. So we're not really jumping in, and the young ones think we are lazy and don't care, when it's more, we're nervous. There is an effort to get combat stuff and learning up and going, but it's been slow, and people just got frustrated by the seeming lack of progress.
  • Lavinya said:
    If you don't get how the game works,  you shouldn't be city leader. 

Not true. If the city leader/ guild leader/ order head/ trademaster is doing nothing  then enthusiasm beats knowing how the game works. 

At least you can learn how the game works.

I knew next to nothing about being a guild leader when i became one but there is such a warm community who will get you through until you are confident enough
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I misunderstood then. 

I thought she meant "these people contested the cl because the cl hadn't replaced inactive ministers, but the cl doesn't replace ministers, they're elected by the council and family leaders"

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Kistan said:
    Lavinya said:
    If you don't get how the game works,  you shouldn't be city leader. 

Not true. If the city leader/ guild leader/ order head/ trademaster is doing nothing  then enthusiasm beats knowing how the game works. 

At least you can learn how the game works.

I knew next to nothing about being a guild leader when i became one but there is such a warm community who will get you through until you are confident enough
    And if they are doing something? Which is the case here and why I find it ridiculous. 

Sometimes you need someone to step up and get things done, absolutely. When it's being done though, and you just don't like it and don't understand a lot of what's going on and how things work, you just make yourself look...not amazing.

• I wasn't actually there, but was told that one of the major complaints was that the CL wasn't replacing these four 'inactive' people, having completely missed the fact that these four were not appointed by the CL and were in fact, the head of Strongleaf, and the three guildmasters of Listeners, Sowers and Wodewoses. And even when it was pointed out that the Listeners had an election on for GM, and only Strongleaf can contest for house head, people still asked how they could contest for Council, because they didn't realise that the councillers were the GMs and house head.
  • All three GMs are inactive? Wow!

I want to be dictator of Serenwilde....
  • The funny (if you can call it that) part is they aren't inactive! Only Listeners GM was (think he got replaced recently). I don't know why just messaging people to ask if they're inactive and waiting for a couple of days for a response is so hard..
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • You should know basic game mechanics and have a general idea of how you'll need to do things as a guild/city leader before you contest. It is one of the few roles I will argue that roleplay and mechanics must be met in equal measure.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Pretty sure Elarin, the Wodewoses GL, logs in every day. He and I don't log in very often at the same time (which means very little father-son RP time, sad face), but I know from talking to others that he comes around around the same times every day.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.