What are the stages of an Astral node's lifecycle?

Because I'd like to know!

Best Answers

Answers

• Morkarion said:
    Crackling at full, to rainbow halo, to motes, to inner light to no extra description to devoid of energy.

And yes, they're all mostly tanked out at the moment, someone went around last night and drained them all again.
    How does their regeneration work?  I've come to like linking to farm, and would like to do so responsibly.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    'Someone went and drained them' Probably because the same people are hunting them down to motes, anyone else that wants to astral hunt has to take whatever is left, I imagine. You don't want people to drain them, leave a few at more than motes! (Or don't complain when people drain them)

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    There's several still at crackling (so ok not all, it was a tiny bit of hyperbole) just not the popular options, scorpions, eagles and parasites are all full. If they're hunting to motes it takes an hour or two at most and they recharge. There's people who actually take nodes and link from Crackling down to dead, especially those who are coning/darklinking/whatever the alternative names are.

Personally I think the lower tier recharge timers are far too long, getting to inner light takes days, getting past that a day in itself. It's hard to get enough people to be patient to just let it go that little bit longer. Otherwise you end up with dead nodes for days on end.

That and some of the creatures need looking at, because there's a reason very few people will ever solo link eagles and parasites for example. Who wants to deal with foreverbalance loss and endless paralysis?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!