Org Class Synergy-Hallifax

One of a small series of threads, wherein I wish to address the game's general imbalance in a way that will better benefit all with bringing a given org's group combat synergy into a better, more even keel. Glomdoring is known for having great synergy in combat, as most if not all of their classes have strong means to push for and support the application of a given affliction combo that will drive hard for ease of killing across the board. That being a synergy between Bleed and thus Mana pressure, leading to either death from the initial aff if not cured, or death to rapid toading if it is.

Hallifax (pulling from my comment from a prior thread that got this started)

Hallifax has Timequake or whatever the nil we're calling it now with the new system being introduced, Timeflux?...and Aeon-centric focus. Aeon itself was nerfed as it ONLY effects movement and curing rather than everything like it used to, while both communes still have Sap that works as old Aeon and different curative. Both aspects of Hallifax's build is Steam based...which admittedly shunts much of what their Warriors or Monks can dish out as non-supportative as those Classes don't contribute. Halli bards have been good from what I've seen, but so few I've ever really seen beyond Yarith, I cannot offer much input on that...@Maligorn, @Innon, @Eadei...you three are the resident experts on Hallifax capabilities, best to speak on this. Institute getting its rework, and an effective one by the looks of it thanks to Aeonics changes, allows for the rest of the Classes to be altered to match their synergy, with the heavy Steam based focus....phys classes gaining means to offer assistance there, else slowing down the curing via that route being best. Along with Celest, thematically working towards Ego kills may be a good route to take it as well. Steam aff stacking allows for some strong affs piled in there, if from a narrower source of applicators available due to the magical or auric nature of them thematically, but again will not kill the target on their own. Manabarbs and Powerspikes being the exception, healthleech COULD but...hardly equatable to all else.

'If Hallifax can ever cultivate the numbers, right now timewarp synergy is in a good spot (especially because of things like CrypticFlux in Tessenchi, RedRubato from Symphonists (huge cold damage when timewarp stacks enough), and just the raw build power available in Institute now).

Aeromancers are on the fringe, but we knew that was going to happen before the rework, and we gave Orael the green light anyway. Aerochemantics, on the other hand, fits right in. Aeonics Sentinels provide another killswitch for Timewarp and steam affs besides with TemporalEdge. Tracking Sentinels provide a lot of utility.

Bleed/manakill synergy is still superior, because as some people have alluded to, timewarp isn't a deadly affliction by itself, plus multiple classes have instas based on mana - more problematically, the mana damage coming out of Glomdoring forces an impossible choice between your vitals focus. An ego killer, or an Axelord, or an Aquamancy Preserver would have a field day with Glomdoring as an ally.

But by no means is Hallifax a non-contender anymore.' As per @Maligorn

I do agree that Hallifax is in a stronger position than it was, by far, now. However, always room exists for improvement, and I want everyone to do well moving forward. So let's discuss whatever can be done to further address discrepancies and what might be offered via Envoy reports or suggested special reports for the admin to address, that might help.

From this we can move forward, with the various issues pointed out, on how best to address them, moving forward. Constructive disagreements and discussion is welcome, but as always keep it civil. And do NOT namedrop anyone in particular as a specific problem, or derail this attempt. This is a matter important to the general health and well-being of the game as a whole.

Comments

• edited April 2019

Things in ( )s I'll need information for to update this thing, because flavor text doesn't always tell you which specifically. Honestly reading through all of these skills, there's a lot of good timewarp synergy, despite base Aeromancer and Symphonium not being apart of it. Though it is the Institute and Sentinels making the most use of it with TimeQuake, as everyone else either has their own means or is mildly supported by others. Symphonium, personally, needs the most touch-up with possibly allowing them to afflict and use timewarp to some degree.

Edit: Changes made to reflect the corrections, keep me updated!
  • I think you have a horribly outdated version of the Symphonium there. I don't have the correct details to hand, but I am fairly sure that we don't do aeon and the sleep and lust went a while ago now. On the other hand, we do add some timewarp, so that is good.
  • Lust is old aureolinaubade. New aurelinaubade should just afflict with 1 steam aff(healthleech etc, iirc) has a chance to afflict with 2 if boosted. Aeon and stun are old SkySforzando. New SkySforzando is eq loss+1 mental aff. If boosted, eq loss is longer, has a chance for 2nd mental aff and gives timewarp. RedRubato gives timewarp along with doing damage which scales over its levels.
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • DysDys
    edited April 2019
    Bardic afflictions are steam too which can be locked in with octave, can't they? That should help a researcher get bonus timewarp with insight as well as their own dchords.

That's the kind of neat synergy I think we should be aiming for.
  • SazSaz
    edited April 2019
    Yes, it's one of the examples to why we claim Hallifax is in a good place overall
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited April 2019
    Lol, DysbaricPressure doesn't exist anymore. But I appreciate the effort. I'm guessing wherever you got this from is horribly outdated, as Nelras has implied.

Symphonists do work with timewarp, with RedRubato and SkySforzando. Aeromancy is the only skillset that doesn't really fit in with timewarp synergy atm.

• Considering I am indeed not a Halli member, especially a bard, I am more than likely using outdated information. On this same spreadsheet I have a tab for 'Base Bard' that is just a list of things all bards have access to, will post it here as well:

Also will be editing my above spreadsheet with the corrections, thanks Saz for helping out with those. Also to Maligorn for the removal of DysbaricPressure. If there's anything else I missed or buggered up, let me know so I can have an accurate reflection.
  • I'm really impressed by these org class synergy threads and just want to say if you guys come up with a fairly clean plan, we'll definitely look at implementation. (Though please note that the demesne system is getting a big rework so don't spend too much time worrying about that at this time.)
  • I think in synergy that Hallifax rivals Glom's to be honest. While, I think some classes need adjusted to have viable kill routes. The group as a whole is good because of researchers. 
  • Well that's a great start then. Just need to ensure that if there aren't any researchers, the others can do well as well, I feel.
  • 'Hallifax=Steam, ego pressure' An idea I had for Hallifax's focus...Steam because of Timewarp and Aeon stacking, ego due to the spiritual nature those affs focus on fitting thematically, obviously needing a few ego-kill methods introduced as a result.

Quite right that the guardian class' fix, and upcoming Mage rework hopefully working along the same bent, sets Hallifax as mostly set in a good place right now, but no reason more adjustments cannot be made to make all just as viable and assisting in the efforts if they are lacking. Can you all think of ways such is the case, that might be addressed in Envoy reports?