Actually... (leaving)

I think I'm done. This game is not good for my mental health. For all the arguments and disagreements I've had with other people in the past, I've never had a game, in memory - or players - trigger long periods of depression. The the lack of empathy and the callous disregard for others is more than I can take. I don't want to compete with nor roleplay with people that I hate on an ooc level. And while that's not true for all of the players on "the other side" - maybe not even a majority - it's enough that it's not worth it.

Sorry to those who are trying- @Nelras, @Aramel, @Maligorn, @Eadei, @Innon, @Ayisdra, @Aydeksa, @Choros, @Lorina, @Everiine, @Czixi, and also @Malarious, who fixed the game for all of 10 minutes - but when large portions of the community simply don't care if anyone else is having fun - not that they're not winning, but that it's not fun - then it's no longer a game, but volunteering to be bullied by people who hate us. I didn't sign up for that, and I don't recognize this community anymore.

I know, I'm sure somewhere there will be said some version of the following: "You've said mean things!" Sure. Some of it I regret, some of it I don't. For much of it... strangely, people who are talked down to, gaslit, and insulted tend to get angry about it. Go figure. And I as I neither want to experience any of the former or the latter over a game, it seems that leaving is the only option.

Xenthos, I wish I'd never met you.
"Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."

Comments

• noooooo
  • Hearted for like *hug* rather than any kinda happy about it.
  • same
  • I’m sorry 😔

ill be sad to see you go, you’re always one of my favorite people to bump into when I log in! I’ll keep a list of puns ready just in case you come back
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I understand the sentiment entirely and I wish you every joy and happiness.  <3

• Rancoura said:
    Cut it out, you two. Comments like those are not helping.

@Kethaera, I am genuinely sorry to read this. I am sorry that individuals have acted the way that they have, that the vitriol/stubbornness present in much of the community (existent on all sides) lately has caused it to devolve so massively on many fronts, and that one of the many results is the loss of yet another valuable player. Whether you choose to stay in any form of doing so or truly do move on, I wish you the best, and better health overall.
    Lol

Neither is your comment is as helpful. It's pretty telling when, time and time again, people who leave have stated Glomdoring as a key reason for their departure, and yet you people keep spouting the "all sides" propaganda.

WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • Alright, everyone needs to stop. This is a thread made by someone who is leaving and who has stated the reasons for which they are leaving.
    It is not the place for the continuation of whatever narratives other people have about why the game/community/whatever is dying/toxic/idontevencareatthispoint.
    If you don't have something relevant to say, which certain people in this thread clearly don't, then don't post. I would ask you to go and find a relevant thread, but honestly, I would rather that you didn't at this point.

@Kethaera I am sorry about that, but I think it needed to be said. I would rather do so out in the open rather than via messages. I have enjoyed RPing with you and you will be missed greatly when you leave.
  • Nelras said:
    Alright, everyone needs to stop. This is a thread made by someone who is leaving and who has stated the reasons for which they are leaving.
    It is not the place for the continuation of whatever narratives other people have about why the game/community/whatever is dying/toxic/idontevencareatthispoint.
    If you don't have something relevant to say, which certain people in this thread clearly don't, then don't post. I would ask you to go and find a relevant thread, but honestly, I would rather that you didn't at this point.

@Kethaera I am sorry about that, but I think it needed to be said. I would rather do so out in the open rather than via messages. I have enjoyed RPing with you and you will be missed greatly when you leave.
    The vented frustrations seem pretty much in line with the stated reasons for leaving which in turn seem rather clearly in line with recent complaints.

It's tiring to see people trying to silence the complaints in a thread that is literally a result of those complaints not being dealt with.
  • edited April 2019
    @Kethaera You will be missed. Unfortunately, I think there are so many reasons to move on that I can not blame you. I don't understand the other side's head in the sand attitude about this "side" dying. The let's be positive and hand holding because certain people can't handle their views or crap being called is a tough pill to swallow. Not saying that is why you are leaving, but it is surely why I'm considering moving to another IRE. Let's be honest the victim mentality is annoying. Being the most overtuned org in the game then claiming to be victimized is laughable at best. If I wanted this I would watch any of the American news channels. This was directed at a specific person, and the only reason this person isn't named is out of respect for the admin. 
  • Rancoura said:
    Cut it out, you two. Comments like those are not helping.

@Kethaera, I am genuinely sorry to read this. I am sorry that individuals have acted the way that they have, that the vitriol/stubbornness present in much of the community (existent on all sides) lately has caused it to devolve so massively on many fronts, and that one of the many results is the loss of yet another valuable player. Whether you choose to stay in any form of doing so or truly do move on, I wish you the best, and better health overall.
    This reply is basically the equivalent of #NotAllMen and #AllLivesMatter

Thank you for ignoring that there is a problem with a specific demographic and dismissing it with “well everyone has a couple of vitriol people”
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited April 2019
    Right. I'm done. A genuinely well-intended comment getting ripped apart due to ridiculous assumptions of some ridiculous agenda is my last straw. Congratulations.

I'm sorry again, @Kethaera.

Have fun, everyone else! :smile:

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• We both know I was specially refering to the part where you went “not all gloms” please stop dancing around this. I have given Glomdoring the benefit of the doubt but I am consistently seeing the behaviour pointed out by others who have left
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Hey, guys. Let's keep the dickbaggery to pms, please.

@Kethaera , I'm sad that you're leaving. We never really interacted a whole lot (that you know of), but you seemed like an interesting person with a dry sense of humor. I hope your mental health gets better.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @Kethaera - For the short time we've interacted in and out of game. You were always someone I felt I could rely on for combat recently. You were kind, and generous with your humor. I am sad to see you leave, and hope that whatever fun you'll have will outweigh what you're feeling in the future. Well wishes to you, and all you do on the other side of the rainbow.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • Sad to see this, you were great fun. All the best for where ever you end up next, and good luck with the health.

• Do what is best for you!

From my personal experience, breaks help from this because it can and will just get too negativity. You'll be missed. I've enjoyed our RP, and hope the itch to return comes back. Don't hesitate to pop in from time to time and chit chat! You are loved, and will be missed! <3