The Snowball Effect

1234568»

Comments

• It's a necessary discussion at this point. Group combat and synergy has been the rallying cry for things that have frustrated so many for a while to remain...so lets adjust the thinking to embrace it for all rather than seeking nerfs to go around. Personally, I always preferred boosts over not as a means to balance....the chaotic fun of the controlled escalation is far better than a slow simmering into dullness =/

Obviously some of my initial points weren't entirely accurate....haven't been most classes, and only been a member of a few Orgs with Shango being the primary combatant in this game. Means a veeeery, unfortunately, limited viewpoint of crucial specifics of things. Hopefully my third person perspective was close enough to help jumpstart the discussions in the right direction, and a few of the threads seem to be going well now. Start thinking how your org can benefit, mm? Very much believe it's a welcome and needed step to be taken after all, so can only help.
  • This kind of belongs here because it showcases how ridiculous the situation is. Wildnodes happened and guess what? Blowout victory! Not because it was hard fought, superior strategy, talent, what-have-you. No no, it was out of pure unsportsmanlike conduct. I can only imagine how it got planned out:

"Hey, we have so many people, let's just plop three people on each of their teleportation points so that they can't even attempt to compete!"

It had to of been something like that, because that is exactly what happened. These are people who complain that there isn't enough PK or chances to spark it via conflicts, but actively stonewall against any opposition to GRANT the chance. You had people willing to play ball, at least four. But no, instead you made damned sure nobody could even make a showing by melding over THEIR sphere and keeping close watch to see if anybody entered and killed them immediately. So please, someone from that combat cluster tell me why?
  • I have to admit there was a considerable difference (I'm generally non com but have helped with defending before and domoth one time - I've died pretty quickly) - this was the first time I took part in a pk event for the new side. I mean, not dying is nice, but yeah.

I don't think getting players to control it will be that effective, but having a cap on maximum number of people allowed to take part or some other mechanic like that put in place might help? I don't want people getting frustrated and leaving.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lycidas said:
    This kind of belongs here because it showcases how ridiculous the situation is. Wildnodes happened and guess what? Blowout victory! Not because it was hard fought, superior strategy, talent, what-have-you. No no, it was out of pure unsportsmanlike conduct. I can only imagine how it got planned out:

"Hey, we have so many people, let's just plop three people on each of their teleportation points so that they can't even attempt to compete!"

It had to of been something like that, because that is exactly what happened. These are people who complain that there isn't enough PK or chances to spark it via conflicts, but actively stonewall against any opposition to GRANT the chance. You had people willing to play ball, at least four. But no, instead you made damned sure nobody could even make a showing by melding over THEIR sphere and keeping close watch to see if anybody entered and killed them immediately. So please, someone from that combat cluster tell me why?
    I honestly have no idea.  I actually thought one of our people was lost, wandering around other spheres.  I went to check and found that they had melded Capricorn.  Seemed unnecessary to me, actually (though I didn't know there was a meld on Gemini, I did not even go there).
    I will try to keep this in mind next time, I should have said something.  We really don't need to lock Astral down during nodes, just the sphere we're defending.
  • I was wandering about Capricorn, one of our melders did have it melded. Don't know about other spheres. But also didn't immediately attack anyone who came up. The only people I remember attack were people who actually uprooted nodes and at that point... kinda have to?

That said, I don't think it mattered if we had locked down the other spheres or not. There was an obscene number of people from Glom-Gaudi-Celest alliance online, something like 10-12 people on the sphere?

I do want to resuggest: if you win a wild nodes, your org members cannot enter the astral plane during the next wild nodes. Yes you only get to participate in wild nodes once a month, but with timequakes coming, being locked out of certain events because you -won- could be a good thing? Could also help enter some tension in 3-way alliances. Glom helps Gaudi win this one, Gaudi can't come up on the next nodes so now Glom-Celest is all you face. Celest win, ok, next one is only Glom-Gaudi. Etc.
  • Coraline said:
    I have to admit there was a considerable difference (I'm generally non com but have helped with defending before and domoth one time - I've died pretty quickly) - this was the first time I took part in a pk event for the new side. I mean, not dying is nice, but yeah.

I don't think getting players to control it will be that effective, but having a cap on maximum number of people allowed to take part or some other mechanic like that put in place might help? I don't want people getting frustrated and leaving.

That's exactly the point. There is nothing wrong with as a newbie pker wanting to not die. That is really the first step. The day you go in and you're like wow I didn't die. 

However, if we are completely honest this is a huge reason why new people go to that "side". Glomdoring does do a great job at raising newbies. I will say that. I was one of them to be honest. I would totally go there if I wasn't comfortable with the game. Also, a shift in alliance would likely result in the new winning side to accumulated numbers. The problem is flavor isn't playing a factor because each side has somewhat of an enjoyable flavor for someone. The 1v1v1v1v1v1 example would allow orgs with the possibility of getting a few extra people. For example, it's easy to get 5-7 people to log in for a fair fight, but it's hard for this side to get 5/7 plus the 5/7 that normally show. 
  • Xenthos said:
    I honestly have no idea.  I actually thought one of our people was lost, wandering around other spheres.  I went to check and found that they had melded Capricorn.  Seemed unnecessary to me, actually (though I didn't know there was a meld on Gemini, I did not even go there).
    I will try to keep this in mind next time, I should have said something.  We really don't need to lock Astral down during nodes, just the sphere we're defending.
    disagree
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.