Org Class Synergy-Serenwilde

13»

Comments

• In an RP sense, not so much an issue. Bleed and Mana may be shared focuses...but ideologies differ too vastly. RL equivalent between Wiccas and dark pagans....one sees spirits and forces of nature as friends and allies, the other merely as tools and pawns to be used, abused and eventually cast aside once drained of vitality. So even if you can do the same things....HOW you do it would just leave it too far apace to even try true cooperation, which is where the flavour touch should play a part as well.

Other select orgs working the mana drain angle, or even sharing a bleed mechanic, cannot be out of the question as well...just a question of what'd fit.
  • Hi Tredian here. Glad to find a discussion like this again with so many contributions. The aff table compilation for Seren is really useful.

The synergy we had before my hibernation was a mana/health alternating, with broken bones/spirits/plants keeping person in place. Very traditional. As protectors of the forest I would like to suggest a combat theme:

Good defensive and healing ability while gradually achieving a buildup that decimates the enemies.

a. Serenguard - as their name suggests should have skills that defend their teammates. This could be Moon, so that it is shared with the tankier MDs. Make Moon-Waxing an aura, add an aura option for Moon-Full (aff heal only, no shield). Add a skill in Moon that receives part of the damage on friends.

b. Shofangi - okay, already an interesting damage type.

c. Hartstone - ongoing updates.

d. Spiritsingers - kind of a wildcard. The output from spirit buildup is sad. Increase spirit limit and add stronger damage output for a higher spirit haunting. They will become a viable damage kill if they survive a long buildup.

e. Moondancers - Empower Moon with more healing capabilities as stated in Serenguard comment. Add Moon buildup that eventually inflicts strong health damage to empower the health/mana sip distraction.

• Moon Light should be a counter to Night Shadows in room. Hell make them have to gather a resource for it, I am pretty sure Moon users will not mind (cause nobody plays Moon)
  • In line with the strategy "good defensive and healing abilities with a buildup that decimates enemies" here is a list of suggested skills:

Moon Empathy (Mother Moon feels the pain of her children)
    - castable on person, receives 30% of health damage on person. bypasses shield. costs power to link. breaks when not in same room.

Moon Descent (Mother Moon is nearer than we think)
    - aura on a person that deals return health damage to enemies that attack you. Damage return gets stronger the more moon skills are cast by moon user. A permanent defense like Shine and Drawdown.

Moon Waxing - remove equi cost, but still require equi. Turn into aura that affects allies.

Wicca Maiden - add 3p option WICCA MAIDEN (ALLIES) that blesses all allies, still random.

Also, I like Pysynne's suggestion on moon light heh.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited April 2019
    How about something like a timed aff (so incurable) lunar curse that goes through all the phases of the moon. The MD can pop the curse at any time, for varying effects. Starts with waxing crescent, goes all the way to new (dark) moon. Cool third person messages obviously.

• Testing with Succumb, I also feel that the timer on it is to short and the on affliction mana drain is to low. Compared to Night, which has everything it needs in it alone to successfully get toadcurses, Moon is very lacking unless you take Hexes. Succumb's short timer, Faemeld's not quite instant tic for power(something Night users do not even need to use), Bluemoon does not always contribute as it only sometimes gives 2 mental afflictions and even when it does it is not enough to bring a mana drain down in 9 seconds all of which combined meaning even if you do get that needed mana drain you do not have the power to actually toadcurse.

I would suggest increasing the timer on Succumb to 25s and increase the on aff drain slightly. Why does Night get a completely in spec way to fully toadcurse and Moon is forced into hexes and even then may not succeed?
  • edited April 2019
    Just so it's not missed, last I heard, Woodchem are not part of the melder overhaul so Wildewood should also be included in this sort of thing. (Whenever I've tried to find out what their combat focus actually is no one seems to know)
  • Tred said:

a. Serenguard - as their name suggests should have skills that defend their teammates. This could be Moon, so that it is shared with the tankier MDs. Make Moon-Waxing an aura, add an aura option for Moon-Full (aff heal only, no shield). Add a skill in Moon that receives part of the damage on friends.

Personally, I'd kinda love it if Serenguard just got a Moonhart skill, I know the design is how it is but their own spec would give some more flexibility and we could let them work with both of the great spirits as well as the other fae spirits in the forest.