Lusternian Divine AMA

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ein said:
    Shaddus said:
    If you had to classify your character's D&D Alignment, what would it be and why?

Hmm! This ended up being harder to decide than I thought, but maybe that's just because I don't fully understand the exact differences between certain alignments.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd%2Fdnd%2F20001222b

This is horribly simplistic, but will at least give you a basic idea on where you lie on the alignment grid. Feel free to try it out!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I tried it, but it's been really hard to apply concepts such as family elders, organisation laws, family, friends, etc. to immortal characters. I personally had more success with the extended descriptions available here: http://easydamus.com/alignment.html
  • @Shaddus So I've been looking for a new Demagogue...
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Maylea said:
    Shaddus said:
    If you had to classify your character's D&D Alignment, what would it be and why?
    I would consider Maylea as mostly neutral good, at times drifting into true neutral. As a Goddess who values observation, looking through different perspectives and heavy doses of introspection and self-realisation, she's not so hard and fast about rigid external principles as one might think. There have been times in her history where she's floated entirely in the realm of true neutral - not really participating in one way or another in the activities and purposes of the Elders and their Circles - merely observing, painting, letting time pass unfettered. In fact, for those who are privy to her histories, she never wanted to be in a Circle in the first place; but she was placed. But she has taken a more active role and stance in the world of late.
    Poisoned Tea!
  • edited June 2019
    Bump!!!

@AllGods: who are you super friends with in the havens that would horrify your order if they knew?

@Carakhan : How are you finding your time as a god so far? Any big plans you can hint at? 
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • @AllGods, which tarot do you think represents your character best? RL deck and IG deck?
    Poke the Hand of Doom for commissions.
  • @Trahey - Fall for Lusternian tarot; Wheel of Fortune or High Priestess for major arcana; Queen of Swords for minor arcana (I'll let you decide which way up on that one).
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    @DivineFamiliarWithTheFaeLanguage -- from what I have seen of written Fae-tongue in Lusternia, it often appears as a script. Are there any real-world comparisons to the symbols that would compose such script?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• @Maylea : do you pronounce Maylea as May-lee or May-le-a? The people demand to know!!
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Coraline said:
    @Maylea : do you pronounce Maylea as May-lee or May-le-a? The people demand to know!!
    May-lee-uh is how I do it.
    But May-lee has lovely meanings as well.
    I don't mind either!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Nocht said:
    I don't recall us ever talking about how the script would look, but how cool would it be to have one! I want a fae font now...

In my head, personally, I've always pictured something like D'ni script from the Myst games. 

Someone else who's familiar with D'ni??!!

Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Viravain said:
    Rancoura said:
    @DivineFamiliarWithTheFaeLanguage -- from what I have seen of written Fae-tongue in Lusternia, it often appears as a script. Are there any real-world comparisons to the symbols that would compose such script?
    I'm not sure! Fae itself is an amalgamation of words that started as gibberish that sounded good in a string, and then a few of us who studied linguistics in university started to flesh out a real grammar. Little by little, we pick up the new text that other Elders come up with and then offer insight into how it should actually be structured. 

In terms of how it looks written out, as if Rowena herself were writing a letter, I'm not sure! What do you think it would look like? 
    In my head I tend to picture Tolkien's Tengwar Elvish due to the way it flows... but with apostrophes! With its quite literally ethereal origins, it would make sense that its lettering would seem quite alien.

I do like the D'ni idea!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Thinking about it I kinda imagine something more like Hanzi/Kanji or Elder Futhark (but more logographic rather than phonetic for the latter).

Like, it's the fae so it's connected to the natural world, so I think of runes that are based on shapes that are primarily naturally occurring. The possibility that someone who understands written fae could walk through a natural place and they could see messages everywhere (Like... something has split a boulder in a certain way which speaks of danger ahead when seen from the right angle, the patterns in the bark of a tree communicating promises of safety to those who sleep in its branches, etc) 
    Maybe with exceptions in written fae. Like the logogram for say, Mother Moon, might be a variation on the triple moon symbol.

I'm kinda reminded of a series called "The Witches of Eileanan" and its sequel "Rhiannon's Ride" which feature a race that remind me a little of the Faethorn fae. There's a bit where one of them sets up a message for others of their race and to the humans it just looks like random sticks and leaves on the ground but it's obvious later that it's a complex message that was understood.
  • Since it tends to be tradition to re-open this, and I've had a very fun time being released so far, let's give this thread a small bump. AMA!
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • Mysrai said:
    Since it tends to be tradition to re-open this, and I've had a very fun time being released so far, let's give this thread a small bump. AMA!
    Two questions:

1. What size apron does the Liar wear?
    2. Can I pet the puppy? 
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Gurashi said:

Two questions:

2. Can I pet the puppy? 
    I. The Liar is a very strong young tae'dae, and being at least ten feet tall they probably wear at least an XL/XXL wide, but it's gotta have some extensions to the bottom curtain!
    II. You can, however you must join my order and strive for Avatar!
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • Mysrai said:
    Gurashi said:

Two questions:

2. Can I pet the puppy? 
    I. The Liar is a very strong young tae'dae, and being at least ten feet tall they probably wear at least an XL/XXL wide, but it's gotta have some extensions to the bottom curtain!
    II. You can, however you must join my order and strive for Avatar!
    Noted! Thanks for the feedback!

I guess I am curios - I have read/heard that Mysrai had a different appearance, originally (unless I'm totally wrong). Is this true? And if so what spurred the Anubis-like appearance they are rocking currently? 
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Mysrai said:
    Since it tends to be tradition to re-open this, and I've had a very fun time being released so far, let's give this thread a small bump. AMA!
    With your coming back, does this mean Zvoltz will be hot on your trail to stop whatever evil plot you have planned?
    How do you come up with new forms for Mysrai? Are there any forms that you plan on 'retiring'?
  • Ayisdra said:
    Mysrai said:
    With your coming back, does this mean Zvoltz will be hot on your trail to stop whatever evil plot you have planned?
    How do you come up with new forms for Mysrai? Are there any forms that you plan on 'retiring'?
    Best not to mention the Z-word in front of Them.

They might start paying attention to His Tear again, and Czixi doesn't feel like a haircut this year ;)
    Art by the wonderful Gurashi.