Falling off Hallifax

Note: This was a somewhat contrived excuse to see what executions in Hallifax look like, and whether non-trill wings are taken into consideration. If anyone's curious, Choros checked the road below while this happened, but didn't see anything. I love everything about this, though.

Taking a deep breath, you say to Ayisdra, "Chairman, I have a somewhat unusual request."

Ayisdra tilts his head and listens intently to you.

Chairman Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "Yes?"

You say to Ayisdra, "There is an unresolved matter between myself and parties outside of Hallifax. While it is nothing I would bring before the Board, as it is not a crime, I still feel the need to request an appropriate punishment for it."

Nodding her head in thought, you say, "And as such, I request to be executed."

Ayisdra ponders the situation.

You say, "I will, of course, fill out all necessary paperwork."

Chairman Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "And what is the matter that is unresolved?"

You say, "I would rather not say, if you don't mind."

Chairman Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "If you are sure, I don't have an issue with it. It would also ensure that the High Supreme Justice is still aware of such paperwork indeed."

With a nod, you say to Ayisdra, "Of course."

You follow Chairman Ayisdra Ysav'rai northeast to the Bridge of Knowledge.

You follow Chairman Ayisdra Ysav'rai north to Preeminent Court of Truth.

Chairman Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "I request an execution order for Kethaera."

High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar says, "Very well, Kethaera shall be executed for the betterment of the Collective. A moment while I file the necessary order forms."

High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar brings forth a shimmering crystalline order form, which she signs with a decided flourish before handing it to Ayisdra.

In cold monotone, High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar says, "Submit this request to Klayok Pavok. I have done my civil duty."

You follow Chairman Ayisdra Ysav'rai down to outside the Ministry of Justice.

(Hallifax): Ayisdra says, "Please excuse this death, citizens."

Klayok Pavok, Sentinel of State says, "The guilty will kneel before me and justice will be served."

You drop to one knee, demonstrating your humility and respect.

Expressionless, Klayok Pavok, Sentinel of State swings the blade of his halberd down across your back, shearing through your wings. Only the warm spray of blood coating your legs is felt as you black out.

You gag on the rough wad of cloth shoved into your mouth as you return to consciousness, struggling against the rope tightly binding your ankles. You feel a boot rest against the small of your back for a short moment before a kick sends you over the edge of the platform. Twisting at the last moment, you catch the emotionless gaze of Klayok Pavok, Sentinel of State before your rotation provides you with the sickening view of the Emerald Highway rushing up to meet you.

You are moved by Klayok Pavok, Sentinel of State.

----------- v548 ------------

[^]

/

[ ]

| /

[+]-[ ]

/

[ ]-[ ]

/

[ ]

| 

[ ]

| 

--- Emerald Road -- 4:5:0 ---

Emerald Road. (road).

Banks of clouds roil about here. A light cover of clouds hides the sky in a sheet of white. The road is an expanse of rippling green crystal, a swathe of glittering emerald from which the road derives its name. Its construction obviously was not of mundane origin, rather its very existence is a tribute to subtle mystic arts. The crystal is slightly bubbled, allowing travellers safe traction upon what otherwise would be a dangerously slick surface. Strong winds gust in from Avechna's Teeth, an imposing mountain range to the west. The air is slightly chilled.

You see exits leading east and southwest.

Slamming into the surface of the Emerald Highway, your bones snap and your innards liquify in a millisecond of excruciating pain before merciful death takes you.

You have been slain by Klayok Pavok, Sentinel of State.

The mortal threads of your being severed, you scream in agony as the Divine spark within you enfolds your body with scorching flames.

"Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."

Comments

• Dang the High Justice doesn't even question it!
    Poke the Hand of Doom for commissions.
  • Trahey said:
    Dang the High Justice doesn't even question it!
    Well, of course not. Proper procedure was followed.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • edited April 2019
    Proper procedure was not followed! You clearly didn't submit your paperwork to make a mess upon the road. Now what is the custodial corp supposed to do!? Unscheduled maintenance!? Do you want disorder? Because that's how you get disorder!
  • I love you. "Oh darn...-JUST- right out of my jurisdiction...such a pity."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Welcome to the Executed Club!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Does this mean I should be expecting my subpoena any day now for dangling people off Hallifax without a permit?
  • Drocilla said:
    Does this mean I should be expecting my subpoena any day now for dangling people off Hallifax without a permit?
    As an Elder, you are more than welcome to allow yourself to be subject to mortal laws.

I, as a player, am even more curious now of what would happen and if the execution would work and how it interacts with the elder unkillableness
  • Didn't Pejat once try to prosecute Zvoltz? Hallifaxian law bows to no man!
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • Ayisdra said:
    Drocilla said:
    Does this mean I should be expecting my subpoena any day now for dangling people off Hallifax without a permit?
    As an Elder, you are more than welcome to allow yourself to be subject to mortal laws.

I, as a player, am even more curious now of what would happen and if the execution would work and how it interacts with the elder unkillableness
    Almost certainly just fail to kill them, though I'd bet everything else would work the same. 

You know, in real life people have brought suit against God, and He wasn't asked to speak in His defense or argue on the witness stand... so my point is, we should be able to hold a trial for @Drocilla and pass sentence. Whether we can enforce it is a different question...
  • Aramel said:
    Didn't Pejat once try to prosecute Zvoltz? Hallifaxian law bows to no man!
    Yes, and that is when Zvoltz humored us(/tested Pejat) by allowing it. Not too long after that Jadice said 'mortal laws don't apply to us unless we want them to'
  • Surely there's a statute of limitations on dangling Hallifaxian citizens without a permit?  :open_mouth:

No witnesses in any case and the danglee would never bring a suit against me! Perfect crime.