Forging Aethergoop Crafts

I know it's been discussed elsewhere but I think the next aethergoop crafts I'd like to introduce are from the forging skillsets. This thread is to consolidate ideas and somewhere we can go to to review possible new goop skills for forgers.
I was thinking daggers or possibly special powers for armour slots. Anyway, if you have any thoughts, feel free to share!

Comments

• Armour enhancement options is kind of interesting because all the other goop crafts are temporary, ranging from like five minutes to a week in terms of benefit. Armor lasts most of an irl year if you don't get it permed or repaired. That being said, enhancement slots could definitely use beefing up.
    In terms of other things forging could produce, daggers do already exist. What about whetstones? I feel like a lot of the things you could do with whetstones (crit up, damage up, life leech) already exist in goop crafting though, I'm not sure what you could add to augment.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Aetherseals! Apply them to your armour/robes to give

added defense against specific elements

xp bonus

celerity bonus in non-enemy territory

chance to ignore afflictions

reduced beast balance for bashing

Reduced allheale balance

improved critical hits (not a higher chance of them, but a higher chance of getting a higher level crit)

chance of dodging during bashing/only with masochism

improved power regen (with masochism, so not combat related)

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited May 2019
    Oh, and aetherseals are actually slivven/seal hybrids that live in space and bond with your armor, like MTG slivvers.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Keep in mind that aethergoop crafts are consumable items, but I think the seals idea is kind of interesting! Before anyone comes for me, if we do come up with a good idea for forging aether crafts, it'd probably come out as part of a promo so just wanted to be transparent!
    Estarra said:
    Keep in mind that aethergoop crafts are consumable items, but I think the seals idea is kind of interesting! Before anyone comes for me, if we do come up with a good idea for forging aether crafts, it'd probably come out as part of a promo so just wanted to be transparent!
    Well, right. They'd be temp items that you would attach to your armor to imbue it with said effects, but have a really low decay time. Maybe limit it to one seal per armor at a time, two seals if masterarmor or splendors. Maybe have them be like temporary weapon/armor enhancements that anyone can apply, not just warriors.

Red Aetherseal of War: apply this seal to give yourself a 20% (3/7?) Balance increase for the next Lusternian day. Only works while you have masochism.

Blue Aetherseal of Knowledge: Same but equilibrium.

Green Aetherseal of Nature: when hunting, ignore 33% of a mob's elemental resistance.

Purple Aetherseal of Beauty: Crafting balance is cut by 15%. All crafted items have 15% more months added to decay time.

White Aetherseal of Life: the next time you die, take no xp loss. Destroys aetherseal. Does not require masochism.

Yellow Aetherseal of Chaos: for the next Lusternian day, if you take (one of health/mana/ego) damage higher than 10% of your max in one blow/attack it is instead directed to one of the other two. Requires masochism.

Black Seal of Death: gives an effect much like True Crowform or Orclach Demigod+, whereas if you slay a mob, it gives you h/m/e back.

• I'm just gonna throw out please no bal/eq buffs, especially not anything over x/2. If you're going to do that restrict it against mobs or to crafting or some other niche.

Everything else looks pretty fine to me. 
  • Item Idea 1: Captivation effect for mobs. All the ones that typically dash around won't leave the room while you linger within it, even if striking them would otherwise prompt them to flee. Might proc an ambient effect a few times too, before it poofs. Niche, but can definitely be useful in situations.

Item Idea 2: Something to -increase- your movement rate in extreme weather. Make one for very hot and one for very cold. Once again niche, but circumstances might invite its brief use.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Keegan said:
    I'm just gonna throw out please no bal/eq buffs, especially not anything over x/2. If you're going to do that restrict it against mobs or to crafting or some other niche.

The bal/eq ones already say "requires masochism" (PvE / crafting only).
  • sticky blade - lasts an hour - picks up corpse, gold and every other thing that they might drop.

Only works on forged weapons - tough luck bards, you have it too easy
  • Xenthos said:
    Keegan said:
    I'm just gonna throw out please no bal/eq buffs, especially not anything over x/2. If you're going to do that restrict it against mobs or to crafting or some other niche.

The bal/eq ones already say "requires masochism" (PvE / crafting only).
    Ya, clearly. I just wanted to express my opinion and reinforce that stipulation.
  • Well, I like the aetherseal idea but not sure on the name/slivven idea. What else besides "seal"? These really don't have to be stuck on armour/garments, I don't think. I'd imagine they are consumed as charges like other aether items. What about badges?
    Estarra said:
    Well, I like the aetherseal idea but not sure on the name/slivven idea. What else besides "seal"? These really don't have to be stuck on armour/garments, I don't think. I'd imagine they are consumed as charges like other aether items. What about badges?
    (the slivven thing was mostly a joke, don't think I actually meant that. It was sort of an inside joke on one of the discord channels)

Badges would be cool, or maybe patches? 
  • Screw you all. You brought this on yourselves.

We don't need no stinking badges.
    Aetherbracers?

• Pins, slam to activate.
  • @Estarra

It would be useful at this time to understand which other trades will gain aethergoop crafting.

Even certain powers listed here might be better applied to other trades.
  • Should the names of aethergoop items all have the "aether-" prefix?

For a dagger, maybe aetherblade, aethersabre, aetherskewer, aetherspit, aethercleave. What about aetherdusters or aetherknuckles? Like brass knuckles / knuckle dusters.

Maybe aetherplates that go on your shoulders? But then you couldn't wear more than one or two at a time. Aetherstuds or aetherspikes? Like small iron spikes or studs for armor. You could have plenty of those.
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • Buuuuuuump!
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.