Would you be willing to help build a new commune, if Serenwilde & Glomdoring were deleted ?

Comments

• Saran said:
    Also also if you’re reworking this you can do something like...

”nature is ultimately about balance and the greatest example is between the balance that should exist between the creative and destructive forces of the multiverse”

I love the idea of Balance but you have - one - big problem.

...Balance isn't fun or conflict inducing.

People that actually fight for balance are the exception, not the rule. Most of the time it just attracts people not interested in committing to one side or the other. It would just lead to Seren 2.0 tbh.

While I'm here another idea...

Fae world domination! ( Say it with a spanish accent)

Queen Maeve choose that the mortal races aren't to be trusted with the care of the Natural world anymore. Pushes the commune into a joint crusade to purify the despoilers of the cities & restore the true heirs of the 1st world. Elfen, faelings.

Other races may apply once they've proven themselves to '' The Maeve '' as putting Nature first & upholding her values.
  • Afollia said:

Or you could create a purifying force called Nat'Ure of La'nd 
    Sylvan forest already exists on Faethorn.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • That's why I make the diversity distinction. Balance is wishy washy and useless. 

I can see a big threat forcing Serenwilde to decide that the best way to fulfill its core purpose would be to partner with the other forest. The purpose of surviving yet another apocalypse as it alone has endured all others, so that it can be the seed that replenishes the barren ground and restores diversity and evolution to the barren world in the aftermath. 

I feel like the other side of that from Glom, the drive to evolve, improve, of absolute discipline is well wedded to this desperate bid to survive. Nothing matters etc.

• Also, use the Tree of Trees not the damn Maeve. 
  • Also also, use the seed vault thing or whatever one of the Seren guilds have, perfect rp opportunity to restore nature after an apocalypse.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Survival is probably a theme both forests can get behind.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • That was the idea ~
  • Makai said:
    Also also, use the seed vault thing or whatever one of the Seren guilds have, perfect rp opportunity to restore nature after an apocalypse.
    Yup, but it won't ''work'' as intended until a little glom magic gets added in.

Then boom, new source of natural energy for everyone to align themselves with.

Glom & Seren would be understandably destroyed by that point.
  • Afollia said:
    Saran said:
    Also also if you’re reworking this you can do something like...

”nature is ultimately about balance and the greatest example is between the balance that should exist between the creative and destructive forces of the multiverse”

I love the idea of Balance but you have - one - big problem.

...Balance isn't fun or conflict inducing.

People that actually fight for balance are the exception, not the rule. Most of the time it just attracts people not interested in committing to one side or the other. It would just lead to Seren 2.0 tbh.

While I'm here another idea...

Fae world domination! ( Say it with a spanish accent)

Queen Maeve choose that the mortal races aren't to be trusted with the care of the Natural world anymore. Pushes the commune into a joint crusade to purify the despoilers of the cities & restore the true heirs of the 1st world. Elfen, faelings.

Other races may apply once they've proven themselves to '' The Maeve '' as putting Nature first & upholding her values.
    Oh honey...

If you think Fae world domination isn't more Seren than "Balance" you need to hit the books, you're literally describing the Serenwilde endgame.

Maybe sub in Yudhe here as the balance I'm talking about is between Dynara and Magnora.
    From what I understand of the lore a universe with Dynara without Magnora is endlessly creative without death or destruction.
    Magnora without Dynara on the other hand would be a world where nothing new could be created, only the potential for destruction would exist. 

Both are bad as far as the third is concerned, divinus and excorable are both part of nature so the wyrd can be adapted to but throwing things out of balance by wyrding everything would cause other issues. Because they're not wholly either but both they're also like... too tainted by excorable for the Dynara people and too afflicted with divinus for the Magnoran's. Etc.
  • Oh I know it's balance, I've been Nature too long not to know it.

I'm just trying to market it as otherwise and be subtle about it  :)
  • I'm more than willing to assist with building (having some experience with IRE building), though I remain skeptical that this will be a possibility.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Which spirits is this commune worshipping? Tree and Rock? Tree druids. Rock wiccans.

(If Hallifaux/Celest combine, I imagine we'd vote on one skill to keep of Aquamancy/Aeromancy, but in time, I hope we could meld into Storm Magic. And Magaudi could become the Magmaforce. How arousing.)
  • Gimme a commune with Old Man Rock. Absolutely yes. Not sure about animal side, maybe bear?
  • Why make it animal? Just make it Tree and Rock. So generic, so... neutral.
    Communes typically worshiped one Created Great Spirit and one Awakened Great Spirit.

Moon and Hart
    Night and Crow
    Sun and Lion
    Lake and Bear

I don't remember what others are mentioned, but that was the prevailing pattern (I worked it into the lore of the Warrior Spirits, in that each of the Three (Jaguar, Eagle, and Wolverine) had been a guardian Great Spirit for a forest along with another Great Spirit, but in the old wars each of their pair was destroyed, leaving them to wander alone until they found each other).
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• They did. But we're creating a brand new commune, that's twice as woke.
  • Why be woke when you can be dreamy? Double down on the Dreaming!
  • Synl said:
    Which spirits is this commune worshipping? Tree and Rock? Tree druids. Rock wiccans.

(If Hallifaux/Celest combine, I imagine we'd vote on one skill to keep of Aquamancy/Aeromancy, but in time, I hope we could meld into Storm Magic. And Magaudi could become the Magmaforce. How arousing.)

If you go "Faethorn" then you just step things upward and the commune worships Maeve as the Allfae, the Spirit of Spirits.

Through Her the commune can continue to access the blessings of Crow, Moon, Night, and Stag. Those who followed them before can continue because loyalty and faith in part of Her is loyalty and faith in Her.

You also open up potential expansions via the other spirits, someone wants to start worshiping Old Man Rock, he is part of Her. Her relationship to the Tree of trees seems an interesting line to explore.
    The admin want to open up the physical Ackleberry and Jojobo(also giving us chocolate), they can do it, people who want to worship Bear, Lake, Lion, and/or Sun can do so.
  • Enya said:
    I still like the idea of, in crisis, the two forests doing an ultra-hai and summoning the Tree of Trees to come land in the Inner Sea and spread massive roots around
    plz no, I like my snowglobe
  • Arix said:
    Enya said:
    I still like the idea of, in crisis, the two forests doing an ultra-hai and summoning the Tree of Trees to come land in the Inner Sea and spread massive roots around
    plz no, I like my snowglobe
    You'd probably more make it like... either the ToT creates a refuge outside the basin that's linked to it or create the effect described without leaving it's bubble
  • Saran said:
    Synl said:
    Which spirits is this commune worshipping? Tree and Rock? Tree druids. Rock wiccans.

If you go "Faethorn" then you just step things upward and the commune worships Maeve as the Allfae, the Spirit of Spirits.

Through Her the commune can continue to access the blessings of Crow, Moon, Night, and Stag. Those who followed them before can continue because loyalty and faith in part of Her is loyalty and faith in Her.

You also open up potential expansions via the other spirits, someone wants to start worshiping Old Man Rock, he is part of Her. Her relationship to the Tree of trees seems an interesting line to explore.
    The admin want to open up the physical Ackleberry and Jojobo(also giving us chocolate), they can do it, people who want to worship Bear, Lake, Lion, and/or Sun can do so.
    I love that it could open the door for a re-making of wiccans & druids as well as commune - only skills.

You could change & evolve the way the skills are written right now to include the ''All-Fae, Spirit of Spirits''.

Succumb & Aeon in one skillsets ? <3 Yes please.

PS: No way that can end badly.
  • edited May 2019
    Saran said:
    It’s been mentioned repeatedly before that there’s a relatively simple way to merge the communes. It’s called Faethorn we already drop everything the moment something happens there, just need to make a story line where that becomes permanent 
    I mean when I think about it, that's like 75% of the workload dumped of spending energy, time and coding a new/merged org. That's just me thinking of efficiency and putting more time, effort, coding rp and only maybe several new sections within faethorn for guilds/shops etc but not as extensive as it would be for the merging a new org and all that goes with it. So I can see this being a logical thing to do and rather smart honestly.
    <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.lusternia.com/banner/minkahmet.jpg">https://www.lusternia.com/banner/minkahmet.jpg</a>
  • edited May 2019
    Faethorn would also get rid of any forest agaisnt forest drama in my eyes.

Sure you'd have to remake the map a bit and there would be coding as well, it wouldnt be an easy job. But people that are there - for - nature would rotate to faethorn naturally.
    The trick is just making sure Glomdoring & Serenwilde are turned into a No Man's land & giving a good story.

Edit:---

For Divines, let's simply all accept the truth of Goddess Viravain <3...and other Divines can contribute after ^-^ (totally not biased)
  • Just throwing in a vote for, "Yes, I'd be happy to help."
  • Maligorn said:
    Synl said:
    I'd be down to help in building a new org, especially a new celest/halli all must assimilate type org. Very religious, very conquesty. So zealous. But there's that while coding thing, and considering lusternias coders number 1 and sometimes slightly more than 1, I feel expectations need to be realistic to not burn everyone out.
    Were you the one who suggested a purity directive as the unifying concept? I really liked that.
    I can see something like this as an idea of a merger with the obvious similarities but yet different touch to the approach of things. However, what I would find most enthralling would be the mixing of aquamancy and aeromancy as a powerful storm or tempest mage combat/meld frenzy. I find that perfect the more I think about it for the mage overhaul to tie into org deletions. Other than that so far, that's about all that sticks out as major pluses in the future should it go further in its phase(s).
    <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.lusternia.com/banner/minkahmet.jpg">https://www.lusternia.com/banner/minkahmet.jpg</a>
  • As as someone who familiar with communes from my playing in them a long while ago. I’d be more than willing to help with every aspect. Groundwork, building, and lore. 
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Synl said:

Sister Jaguar and Brother Monkey.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    (Jaguar identifies as masculine >_> )

• That just fits the narrative, doesn't it?
  • I would 100% help! My characters have never been able to last in cities, they either die off or end up in either commune.

I don't think I've ever even had a character that at one point or another didn't want an alliance between the two forests. Frankly I believe the fighting causes too much drama and an alliance against the cities would be cooler so I am on board for anything that will unite the forests into the mighty force I believe they can be!