Ideal AB Files! What you think they should say

So we discussed some about making AB files more explicit and there seemed to be some willingness from the admin to explore this.

So lets save them some time and show them what you think would be helpful in AB files!

When I get home I'll start putting mine in.

Comments

• As admin, we love to hear feedback from the players (especially positive feedback :) ) but I do want to put a disclaimer out there that the pyrochem ABs were just a trial run on expanding AB files and we haven't definitively committed to this project. It's not my place to say yes or no, but it is a big project at a time when we have a lot of big projects going on so I don't want to lead you on or give you a false impression!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    What are the other big projects?

Is one of them warrior weapon runes?! :o
  • edited June 2013
    It's really no trouble. Most of this came right out of the help file I made to explain what the ab file means.

My additions in { }

Also, we should decide on whether to call pox/scabies/rigormortis/epilepsy/worms plague afflictions or contagion afflictions.

I did not include the abilities that I didn’t have suggestions for. 

Also, there should be a mention somewhere in the ab for composition saying how often the songs tic. It should also explain that when the song plays that it’s not just the current stanza’s ability that is in effect. A lot of novices seem tripped up by that.

VileBlood           Let dark music surge through the blood of allies.

◦Master  0%

◦Stanza:     Low (1-3)

Targetable: No

While the song plays, the dark strength of this music will flow through the blood of you and your allies, which can burn away ailments. Also, this song has a peculiar effect on the Viscanti race, as vile blood coursing through their veins fleshes out their figures and gives them more confidence, affording Viscanti a +3 {if it's weighted should prolly mention that} charisma buff. 

IronChord           A powerful chord to slay your enemies.

◦Expert  0%

◦Syntax:        PLAY IRONCHORD <target>

Damage Type:   50% Excoro, 50% Cutting

Damage Source: Magical (Charisma)

These notes are similar to the minor second, except it vibrates to the energies of the Taint, which can be sent to afflict your enemies. {add in about it causing bleeding on players}

SickeningPlague     Plague your enemies with disease and hunger.

◦Expert 75%

◦Stanza:     Mid (4-6)

While the song plays, your enemies who hear it will cry out from dreaded disease as well as suffer from the deprivations of hunger.  {specify the affs given – epilepsy, pox, rigormortis, scabies and worms}

SobbingDread        A dark despair so deep it is difficult to move.

◦Virtuoso 33%

The dreadful sounds of this music will make enemies sob and be filled with despair, causing them to stumble when moving. {specify that it adds a 2 second (double check that) movement delay and not sprawl or failed movement}

EngineWords         A sound to inspire the citizens of Magnagora.

◦Virtuoso 66%

This rousing music will inspire the citizens of Magnagora to greater heights, causing the damage they do to be increased. This powerful sound was inspired by the lyrics of "Words of the Engine" by Aia, the first guildmistress and founder of the guild. {specify it gives 8 dmp to all damage types}

QueensLament        Let the Laments of Nifilhema touch another.

◦Fabled 50%

◦Stanza:     High (7-9)

Targetable: Yes

Power:      2 (Megalith of Doom)

This song mimics the voice of Queen Nifilhema, and must be directed at a target. The victim will be bound and subject to unspeakable tortures. {specify that it gives shackles and blackout}

WrathfulCanticle    The wrath of Ashtorath shall incite terrible violence.

◦Fabled 75%

◦Stanza:     High (7-9)

The Wrathful Canticles of Ashtorath inspire unending torment to your enemies, especially those afflicted with plague afflictions. It will cause them to be filled with new afflictions, the severity of which increases as the number of plague afflictions increases. {specify that it gives a plague aff at 0, recklessness at 1, confusion at 2, stupidity at 3, sensitivity at 4 and vapors at 5}

BlackDeath          This terrible tone will cause plagues to persist.

◦Mythical 66%

◦Stanza:     High (7-9)

While this terrible tone plays, your enemies who are diseased by the ailments of the sickening plague will find it hard to cure these ailments as there is a chance that they will come back but moments later. {specify the chance is 60% (double check that)}

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Syntax: DARKCALL THRALL
            DARKCALL THRALL DISMISS
            INVEST <demonic thrall> WITH <list of powers>
            DARKBOND
    Power: 5* (Megalith of Doom) (to call the thrall)
    *Note: There is no power cost to call a thrall that is already summoned or if it is summoned on Nil itself.
    The Demon Lords of Nil will send you a squat imp to serve you as your thrall, who may be invested with two powers.

INVESTING POWERS INTO A DEMONIC THRALL: The specific powers granted by a pact with a Demon Lord allows you to INVEST those powers into your demonic thrall. You may invest no more powers than your thrall is able to learn, though you may invest less if you wish. DARKBOND will list the powers invested into your demonic thrall.

PLEASE include somewhere how to order your demon to attack, and how to order it to stand down. I remember when I was first learning, I couldn't find the information anywhere, not even the wiki. Someone eventually told me on skype, but I think it should logically be included in the AB. Simple but important! :)

• An easy way to do this is to allow envoys to edit AB files, but the changes they put in won't be loaded until an admin hits a command. This way, you get a controlled group of volunteer players who are putting what they need to know in the AB-files (with the bonus that players have an actual person they know to look for when they want to ask for additional updates on AB-files). You get the AB files done with minimal admin interaction, they just need to be checking that envoys aren't putting in wrong information, or wiping out the AB files and replacing them with gibberish in a rage or something.

Envoys already have (occasional) access to test servers and are (supposed) to be dedicated to testing and finding out mechanics in their normal time anyway. The only information they will not have easy access to will be stuff relating to actual damage formula or data that is inconclusive and/or anecdotal. For these, they can contact actual admin (like this thread is trying to do) to request for an update. If the information is considered too sensitive, the admin can just say they can't put it in.

Sometimes, the best service is self-service. I imagine coding in this in might save more effort in the long run than actually going over the AB files one by one, on request.

• What is the stand on showing formulas in ABs?

Like amissio was something like 350 + 10% last I knew, leech was ranged depending on deathmark level. Could those be listed in mana and ego drain skills where they are direct? (mindblast is much more convoluted, many things are).

I will look at some monk things later if admin seem to be up for it.

I second about, is one of the changes warrior/monk runes? D:
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yeah, they don't generally want to put in formulas, but players have worked out the easier ones already (mana drains, mostly - they have a great many fewer things they calculate from).

Afaict, some things don't have formulas posted or told, because there is no easily quoted formula to tell.