Lack of Raves VI: Rave Today, Tweet Tomorrow

Comments

• I'm not even sure what the abuse would be. I'm thinking something akin to other MMOs, where paid properties are (usually) tied to the account and shared across all characters. So like all your artifacts (let's just anything that shows up in artifactlist) and non-bound credits are tied to your email. Then any given character you register to that email has access to that stuff. Probably remove some of the investment people feel in their characters, too - side effect of treating the game more like a game.
  • Afollia said:
    In the first few weeks I came back, I had a few people reaching out to me that werent sure how to renew their roleplay that would've loved such an option. They have sadly moved away and jumped on the retirement bandwagon for starmourn when it came to be. I feel like a lot of people would love the option to transfer all character artis, properties & account stuff on a brand new character. It would help renew interest witouth having a feeling of ....all that money wasted thrown away.

Edit: A payed transfer absolutly, not exorbitant...but just to make sure it can't be abused.
    I have met a few older players that left either when I was starting out or before I started playing that have considered coming back but don't want to invest financially all that they had in a new character but can't stand the idea of playing a character they don't connect with now. Giving them that option might help to increase population but also retain knowledge that has long left us.

When I hear some of the cool things that used to be or rituals and stuff, I wonder how much has been lost with people retiring never to be seen or heard from again...in the Lusternia/Ire world anyway. Bringing that back could only be a good thing.
  • edited May 2019
    Synl said:
    I'm not even sure what the abuse would be. I'm thinking something akin to other MMOs, where paid properties are (usually) tied to the account and shared across all characters. So like all your artifacts (let's just anything that shows up in artifactlist) and non-bound credits are tied to your email. Then any given character you register to that email has access to that stuff. Probably remove some of the investment people feel in their characters, too - side effect of treating the game more like a game.
    I feel like we'd want to stay away from opening the door to hitting a button and bouncing - everything - from one alt to the next. It'd kill any kind of social accountability and people would get completly detached from any kind of roleplay in the long run. That's why I would feel better if a fee would be tied to it. It let's those who really need it acquire it, while blocking the constant creation of alts the moment something dosen't strike your fancy. Below is an example of the abuse I was speaking of.

Example: Your side is losing, let's roll an alt on the other side. Press here to transfer all artis. Done....now let's oppress your Ex-Friends because...Just a game.

Things aren't perfect right now...but if people start doing that it'll get worse. Long therm players with solid investments shouldn't be penalised for that though.

Edit: The fact people start at lv1 dosent really stop anyone, when you can hit 80+ in under a day with a single solid astral hunt.
  • I guess we disagree there. I see less attachments to characters as a good thing. You see more attachment as a good thing. 
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Could put a "cooldown" on how often you can re-roll. Every six months, perhaps?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    Could put a "cooldown" on how often you can re-roll. Every six months, perhaps?
    That sounds perfect, maybe a bit shorter then 6 months in case someone makes a mistake after spending money, but the perfect solution.
  • When you get barred from entry by your guild's npc because you're not about to take their shit. I love it when petty things happen.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Is this a real rave or more of a tweet-rave?
  • Actual rave, can't really credit the person who took control of Nahum.
    Makai said:
    Actual rave, can't really credit the person who took control of Nahum.
    Okay.  You get a like then.  I didn't want to go "Yay for interactions!" if you weren't actually happy with it. :)
  • edited May 2019
    As the last of adjustments is made, an unfinished fibrous organ swells as if taking in a breath. It
    draws heavily upon the liquids supplied by the tubing, growing more hale and crimson.
    The wiring strains as the organ is hooked onto them and hung by able hands. It continues to increase
    in size at the centre of the chamber while it is being connected to piping.
    Connected and properly suspended, an unfinished fibrous organ spasms on top, then the bottom. The
    muscles strain and swell before the organ spasms again, slowly and in an uncoordinated manner. Some
    blood squirts out from some leak but it spasms again, only this time as a controlled convulsion
    thundering through its chambers.
          **thump**
                      **thump**
       **THUMP**
                **THUMP**
  • Gabe said:
    A rave for first timequake with @Coraline . Sorry for my constant questions, @Deichtine . Thank you for being patient! ..and everyone else who participated. :)
    Are you still chatting on the forums and not writing that book, @Gabe ?
  • Kistan said:
    Gabe said:
    A rave for first timequake with @Coraline . Sorry for my constant questions, @Deichtine . Thank you for being patient! ..and everyone else who participated. :)
    Are you still chatting on the forums and not writing that book, @Gabe ?

Yes, Master. Sorry, Master. @Kistan

• Our side got hammered ina nine vs four this time. Really goes to show what people can do when you show up. Keep up the good work. And props to timequakes for getting people more involved

Good work as well gabe and kya for trying with it.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    No offense, Deichtine, but you make a horrible cheerleader with your insincere tone that's pretty audible even through text. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited May 2019
    Is "Schrodinger's Compliment" even a thing?  Google doesn't seem to have heard of it.  Regardless, if you insist on challenging compliments because you think they are snide or condescending, and you hear every compliment as snide or condescending, you are not going to end up with much of anything nice going either way.
    Edit to your edit: I don't actually disagree with the communication issue end of things.  I think we have a lot of that.
  • "Schrodinger's compliment" can't be found on Google because it's a meme (sort of) based on the concept of Schrodinger's cat. For example, you'd say "Schrodinger's joke" when someone says something mean, but when called out on it, says that it was meant to be a joke. 

(Just explaining this word. I have no opinion on the above comments because I was not there for whatever happened)
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • edited May 2019
    Tip for compliments. Instead of: 

"Our side got hammered ina nine vs four this time. Really goes to show what people can do when you show up. Keep up the good work. And props to timequakes for getting people more involved" [Emphasis mine]

Try just:

"Our side got hammered ina nine vs four.  Keep up the good work. And props to timequakes for getting people more involved"

Fixed it! Just remove the patronizing scoffing about how "this time" anyone bothered to show up. That any critique is thereby proven wrong because it "goes to show what people can do when you show up" and that all problems are solved by just not being lazy idiots.

Or frankly:

Xenthos said:
    don't bother to say anything.