Lack of Raves VI: Rave Today, Tweet Tomorrow

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The point I'm trying to make is that nobody actually believes Deichtine is being sincere. Her comment is akin to patting someone on the back and saying, "well, at least you tried!" In a condescending tone. She doesn't actually mean it, nor is she actually interested in having any real sort of competition. The fact that she does this coupled with the fact that she likes to offer to pm people on the forums and offer to teach them "how to fight" leaves a sour taste in my mouth. 

There is a such thing as a sore winner.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited May 2019
    And so another thread starts the inevitable descent, through name calling, a period of -  You. No You. -  to early closure.

I for one look forward to the clean slate of Lack of Raves VII.

It has been a good run
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Kistan said:
    And so another thread starts the inevitable descent, through name calling, a period of -  You. No You. -  to early closure.

I for one look forward to the clean slate of Lack of Raves VII.

It has been a good run
    We used to have threads for exactly this reason, complaining and ranting. But the admin felt that by eliminating the place for ranting,  people wouldn't rant.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • The only name calling that has existed is by people calling themselves something in their own posts. Deichtine might have been trying to be sincere, but the wording makes it sound like you're complimenting someone on their shoe color choice while rolling your eyes. That is what is being pointed out. I don't see this thread being closed down because of it, and no amount of gaslighting will we be baited by.
  • Also it was 11vs5, but counting is hard.

However, in the quality vs quantity argument it was more like 5vs3.

Regardless, my Rave is to the new person on our side and good job for the reasons she is, to the fact that Serenwilde had more than just myself for a conflict event, and that my system kept crashing mid fight but somehow I managed to not die anyways.
  • Shout out to all the really cool new New Celest babies coming into town. Yall don't hesitate to jump in, and its much appreciated on old people who have done it all for way too dang long. Whew.

• Raves for both Hallifax and Magnagora, lately. I look forward to having more time in a week.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Leave it to you crazies to make i'Xiia exist again! Fitting that most of that family is Society. Congrats to you lot for putting in the effort and reviving the family, despite families being pointless beyond RP at this point.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Dys said:
    I had a lot of fun fighting over the weekend, thanks everyone on all sides!

I'm enjoying timequakes generally. The themes of the different rifts are neat and descriptions lovely and evocative as ever.
    That stellium was gross. GGs :)

• I love seeing people use astro in combat - it's such a great and flavorful skill!

Also yes, that stellium personally murdered me at least twice. :tongue: 
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • Kistan said:
    Gaudiguch finally got top literary library.

That has been a long journey from where we started - I am guessing 40 IG years (@Kailanna said I needed long term goals).

Thanks to everyone that helped - many provided inspiration in the most unusual of ways, sometimes just sparking an idea from a conversation. There are far too many to list. But special thanks go to @Steingrim and @Alaksanteri for their immense support as city leaders. And @Dys for running me the library numbers almost on demand.

Next up is scholarly!

And there we have top scholarly!

And a happy happy Kistan

Although sad that we will never have biggest library (I can live with that - for like a week)
  • Thats an awesome effort!

We shall have to up our game next year!
  • Wait, prestige et al count for end of year, not new year? Huh.
  • Kalnid said:
    Wait, prestige et al count for end of year, not new year? Huh.
    prestige and psychodrama rankings go on the year that is ending, yes.
  • Prestige only goes on at the end of odd numbered years - which is why we were not chasing Hallifax down
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Raves for my first approved report under the new system ^_^
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Auguries. I'm raving for you. You are all amazing and your RP is on point. Proud Haruspex is proud.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• I can go back to not caring about my vote weight now
  • @Czixi - most fun I've had since at least yesterday, for absolute certain, and probably even all week! Loved every bit of it.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Jolanthe said:
    Design approved within three hours of submission.

Charites on fire, yo.

Meanwhile, I've had one sitting for the better part of a week and I still can't see any obvious problems with it. :(

But for raves, yay for random 'plex RP with @Nelras and then @Trahey. Apparently that was my venue of choice for the day.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!