Simple Ideas

Comments

• Bairloch said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Bairloch said:
    any chance there could be an aethersuit skin that isn't so... flamboyant? Maybe like a set of mechanics coveralls or something?
    The Ensemble aethersuit is best I think. And since it has the 'ensemble' noun, customization should be, in theory, unlimited.
    The shadow one? "a shadowbound ensemble of assassins"?
    Yes. The base design isn't that bad (although clearly more of a 'Glomdoring' theme).
  • Can we make the candy produced by the red-heart box curio riftable, please?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ayisdra said:
    Can we make the candy produced by the red-heart box curio riftable, please?
    +1 that's a brilliant idea please do this.

• Lavinya said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Can we make the candy produced by the red-heart box curio riftable, please?
    +1 that's a brilliant idea please do this.
    +2. Same with crit food please.
  • The only issue with that is stage is Culture minister, designs are TM, books are Librarian, and the participation would just be the first person rather than everyone involved.
  • Lycidas said:
    The only issue with that is stage is Culture minister, designs are TM, books are Librarian, and the participation would just be the first person rather than everyone involved.

Say what? I don't agree with any of that. The point is to recognize those participating.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Designs have a designed-by flag, plays have a director (and crew, too!), books have an author.  All are things that are pretty easy to flag off of.

Participation is difficult because you just get 1 tick for it, so it would ignore anyone who wasn't there when the tick happened unless it created a unique entry for every person who was in the village / flared and earned a daily credit tick.  I suppose it could do that but would really fill the logs.
  • Xenthos said:
    Designs have a designed-by flag, plays have a director (and crew, too!), books have an author.  All are things that are pretty easy to flag off of.

Participation is difficult because you just get 1 tick for it, so it would ignore anyone who wasn't there when the tick happened unless it created a unique entry for every person who was in the village / flared and earned a daily credit tick.  I suppose it could do that but would really fill the logs.

Of course I'm requesting something that isn't already done, else people would be telling me it is already implemented.

The system already tracks these things, it tracks when every single person gets a tic, it tracks if they have already received credits for it and it tracks whether the org has already been given points.
    The logging system is already in place as well.

This request is simply for additional logging. It isn't difficult to track participation as the system already does this. It may have been difficult to set up, but that's done.

@Orael designs do not currently even show which trade they were submitted by. That also would be nice to see.
  • Xenthos said:

Yes, it would fill up the logs, but I don't mind the logs reflecting what is being done.

If there's a huge concern about lines, they could be saved and a single report generatedd aka entry added when the village/flare/wildnodes/etc ends.
    Steingrim said:
    Xenthos said:

Of course I'm requesting something that isn't already done, else people would be telling me it is already implemented.

The system already tracks these things, it tracks when every single person gets a tic, it tracks if they have already received credits for it and it tracks whether the org has already been given points.
    The logging system is already in place as well.

This request is simply for additional logging. It isn't difficult to track participation as the system already does this. It may have been difficult to set up, but that's done.

@Orael designs do not currently even show which trade they were submitted by. That also would be nice to see.
    I think you mis-read: I'm pointing out that all of these bolded things have something trackable which is not librarian/culture minister/trademaster, and thus those should be taggable for an entry when the thing is completed.  It was agreeing with the feasibility of your idea, in fact!

The only stuff that I think is more difficult is the participation stuff since it's a one-off, not per person, and that's just because it can't be a one line response.
  • I wasn't saying it couldn't be done, and I'm well aware those kind of tags do exist, I was just saying with what was typed in the original idea, it would reflect the very things I said. Because of it, conversation happened and it got fleshed out to ask to call for those tags.
  • edited March 2019
    Its a great idea for things like books, plays and designs. 

You can just tag on the director, writer and designer straight on.   Would love to see this.

• Xenthos said:
    <snip>
    The only stuff that I think is more difficult is the participation stuff since it's a one-off, not per person, and that's just because it can't be a one line response.

But it is per person within the personal tic and so the code already exists and that code already filters for participation.

Every village gets at minimum three reports currently. Orgtic (to org), personalTic (to player) and winTic (to org). So logging all of this already happens. What doesn't happen is the additional information and additional locations to logged.

Now if one wanted to consolidate entries how'd you go about it would depend on what is available to the coder. There's so many ways this could be done in various MUD codebases that speculating on what is best is presumptuous, but there's virtually no chance that implementing it in some passable manner would not be possible. 
  • Have comm quest logs show up on your org's REVLOGS. 
  • Enya said:
    Have comm quest logs show up on your org's REVLOGS. 
    While this might be a nice additional functionality to include, especially for efficiency's sake, I just want to point out you can check for very recent commodity questing (current weave and prior weave only) by touching the village obelisk. Works only if the village is currently loyal to your org.

• Yes, that is what I am suggesting is copied to the revlogs. Should be pretty simple, as it's already being logged. 
  • edited April 2019
    -
  • Can we alter the files for the hiding artifacts (Rune of Hiding/Gloves of Concealment/Shifting Cloak) to reflect what they state in the HELP CLOTHING file? Also also, can the prestige not being counted also be removed?
  • Prestige seems to be at least somewhat a visual medium, hiding clothes should lower it
  • Another simple idea - Can we please be allowed to wear clothing along with armour? Some things I understand, but like these vests or jackets should be allowed to have something underneath at least.
  • Stable Upgrade

Would it be an absolute PITA to sell a stable upgrade that put out room emotes that were specifically linked to the creatures you have in the stable?

"A [fluffy manticore] butts against the stable gate twice before retreating back to its territory in the stable."
    "A [roan horse] neighs happily sensing your entrance."
    "A [dream phoenix] sniffs haughtily at a [garosaur], then snorts in distaste."

Stable Rankings

How about giving people an RP opportunity to stroke the epeen by allowing stable owners to submit their stable to a world ranking? Maybe by the number/variety/rarity of mounts or something else suitably esoteric.
  • Make emote balance separate from normal balance.

Separate items and mobs on config color :(
    Can we add some additional stuff to HELP?  Between the top line (the intro) and the bottom, that goes:
    "If you need help you can ask for it on either CGT (your collegium) or the Newbie channels.  These channels ignore planar restrictions and will enable you to request assistance if you are stuck and otherwise unable to ask for help because nobody can hear you scream."
    And/or a STUCK or UNSTICK or something along those lines command that returns the same message?  A lot of MMOs have a command for "unsticking" yourself, that doesn't work so well in a text game but the command can at least return something that does help in this environment.
    Then we can add a help file for the command so HELP STUCK gives you help too!
  • Had an idea while poking at the rift that wasn't working right- Next month's event can be more free wheel spins, but with a 60% chance of being gifted a random anomaly on your daily free spin.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Remove the limit of lessons learnt at one time (currently only 100 lessons can be learnt in a skill at one time).

So, say I want to max Arts, we can go LEARN 910 ARTS FROM MIAKODA > it'll still give us the learning walkthrough text, but just the once and we'll have the whole skillset, rather than having to sit here for a long time and have the same text over and over!