Simple questions?

Comments

• Hey all, returning player after about 10 years away.

Lots of interesting changes, just one quick question: I seem to have been created as a human and, unless I missed it, I didn't see a place to make that choice.

Am I missing something, or did I just somehow skip the race selection step?
  • Brynn said:
    Hey all, returning player after about 10 years away.

Lots of interesting changes, just one quick question: I seem to have been created as a human and, unless I missed it, I didn't see a place to make that choice.

You should have a TASK to select a race, TASK RACE .
  • Brynn said:
    Hey all, returning player after about 10 years away.

Yeah, For some reason, it was decided a while ago that everyone should start as a human, then pick their race. None of the players liked it. Just TASK RACE and follow their syntax.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• You're free to change race as much as you want until Circle 30! I love how that feature lets us experiment a lot.
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • Devora said:
    You're free to change race as much as you want until Circle 30! I love how that feature lets us experiment a lot.
    This feature has always existed, unlimited reincarnations while considered a 'newbie' by level.
  • Makai said:
    Devora said:
    You're free to change race as much as you want until Circle 30! I love how that feature lets us experiment a lot.
    This feature has always existed, unlimited reincarnations while considered a 'newbie' by level.
    Used to be one free reincarnation only iirc. I think in early to mid 2010s free incarnations got added during Grace of Innocence, but that was news to me when I returned recently.
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • Yeah, it was listed on Status you had Reincarnation: 1 but that number didn't go away while still able to enter Newton. I had plenty of times just racechanging for the fun of it. Back when leveling wasn't the most simple thing to do, I'd choose Human and race to 80, then swap using the free reincarnation to what I wanted to play. But back then races didn't have abilities gated by level, except the few that were level 50 things.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited May 2019
    "You may purchase Sticky Wondercrystals, but must first claim your leveling crystals!"

What is the syntax for this?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • @Daraius try WONDERCORN CLAIM to get the free ones from leveling.
  • edited May 2019
    @Orael

It appears gold rewards were cut in half across the board sometime recently. Provided this was not a bug, why was this changed so massively, and shouldn't such a huge nerf be changelogged or announced?
  • Nothing has changed in gold rewards.

We would certainly announce such a change.
  • I'm absolutely getting precisely half the rewards from multiple things, will bug then. Thank you.
  • I noticed this a few month ago Ixion, bugged it and was told that it wasnt a bug that gold rewards vary depending on if someone else has done that claim or hand in recently.

• Thanks for the info, though it is very much a different issue, or different manifestation at the least. The rewards were not varying even after repeated contemporaneous turn-ins.

Something changed within the past 2 months. I really cannot say if it was an issue with me specifically somehow, or otherwise. Anyhow, it's bugged with examples that maybe can help pinpoint it.
  • Iirc the gold mod caps at 100%.

Is it possible that for a long time you were the only one doing the quest, and infrequently enoogh that each time it was at the max bonus, but then someone else did it (halving your gold by resetting the modifier) and you've been spamming it to check thereby resetting the mod yourself?
  • I thought all that time bonus nonsense was removed. I killed a few things I know no one hunts and got like 200-300gp.

Eithery way, it's not possible. One of several sources I tested was kephera corpse turn-ins, which was halved as well. Years of doing back to back repops has shown that the reward does not decrease as you suggest.
    Is there a searchable changelog archive outside the game?
    I used to make cakes.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    The time bonus stuff is still quite alive.  If people had hunted those things they'd have dropped 10-20 gold each instead.  Keep in mind that gold drops are now 20% of what they used to be (so that would have been 1k+ pre gold-drop-nerf).
    Quests have a "base" gold rate which is supposed to be +50% from its pre-change value, and then a bonus that grows the longer since it was last done.  I can't tell you what's going on with your experience specifically, but that's how it's supposed to work iirc.
  • Daraius said:
    Is there a searchable changelog archive outside the game?
    I don't think so, but there is an Iron Realms helper app on iOS and Android that you can read news, logs, and messages on, and send messages.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Changelogs themselves are searchable in game, but not reproduced elsewhere officially that I know of.
  • I never heard of this either until I bugged it and got told that it was working as intended and had been for ages. It pre dates the gold changes by an age.
  • The quest gold scaling was introduced when the gold throttle was removed and all those changes were made back then.  It was a part of the gold changes.

from Changelog 1390

o Quest and turn-in rewards now scale with time since last done.
       Turn-ins have a delay on the reset, so you will not get a large lump on
       the first one then a small paltry sum for the rest.
    Are there any alternate nouns that can be used for customizing whips?
    I used to make cakes.

• Sadly the only noun currently is whip on them, though you -might- be able to get away with a crop like the beastmastery one did.
  • This is a weird question but can design permits be redeemed for an org cartel?
  • Daraius said:
    Are there any alternate nouns that can be used for customizing whips?
    ***UNDER SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES ONLY** You can add an alias to an item (a box to become a chest, for
    example). This costs an extra 25cr over and above the normal customisation amount (total 75 credits).
    This is only available after admin review and will not be allowed in all circumstances. It must be
    requested by emailing artifacts@lusternia.com and not through the CUSTOMIZE command.

this may or may not be what you're looking for.

Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Hegemone said:
    This is a weird question but can design permits be redeemed for an org cartel?
    buy design permit
    You purchase a design permit from the Hall of Clans and Cartels. You may REGISTER the permit for one of your cartels.

register design permit for spicegulch
    That is not a cartel for which you can register a design permit.
    Syntax: REGISTER DESIGN PERMIT FOR <cartel>.

So the answer is: no, not at present.

Perhaps that's something that could be done through the Trade ministry later at some point, I think I can understand them not wanting individuals to be able to invest in org cartels like this and then feel entitled to controlling them.

• Jolanthe said:
    Hegemone said:
    This is a weird question but can design permits be redeemed for an org cartel?
    buy design permit
    You purchase a design permit from the Hall of Clans and Cartels. You may REGISTER the permit for one of your cartels.

register design permit for spicegulch
    That is not a cartel for which you can register a design permit.
    Syntax: REGISTER DESIGN PERMIT FOR <cartel>.

So the answer is: no, not at present.

Perhaps that's something that could be done through the Trade ministry later at some point, I think I can understand them not wanting individuals to be able to invest in org cartels like this and then feel entitled to controlling them.

You're a champion! :D

I think Trade ministry getting that priv sounds like a good idea. I'll try and put up a report for it when they open back up again.
  • How was Ladantine able to channel power through the Megalith from the node on Astral if he was an Aquamancer and not a Celestine?

• Because lore doesn't have to make sense!