Goloth Bloodcoins

So, as always I dive headfirst into every promo and see just what can be done with it. The goloth coins treated me well, mostly, and depending on what you're after from the wheel, could treat you nicely as well. I'll go ahead and list what I've personally spun as-well-as witnessed other people get from their spins:

Fortune cookie (fc), present, wonder crystal (wc), five ikons, one curio, present, random ikon, 341 goop, one curio, one curio, one curio, 3 cobalt anomalies, three curios, five magic item pack, wc, 321 aethergoop, fc, wc, 3 scarlet anomalies, 229 goop, 2 curios, fc, 5 curio pack, wc, 2 death anomalies, present, fc, doll, doll, 3 curios, present, 3 curios, present, fc, 277 goop, 3 knowledge anomalies, 304 goop, 2 curios.

Out of 38 spins, here's the breakdown:
5 Fortune Cookies
4 Wonder Crystals
5 Presents
2 Ikons (5 pack and random)
11 Curios (Pieces and packages)
5 Goop (1472 total)
1 Nature Anomaly (Cobalt x3)
1 Death Anomaly (Black x2)
2 Knowledge Anomaly (Scarlet x3 and x3)
2 Dolls

The curios really shouldn't be apart of the goloth spins, I know I personally got way too many since I'm the first 20 spins. I'm fine with getting the anomalies personally, it could be worse, but an idea was being formed.

Remove curio pieces (can leave packages) from the Goloth table, remove anomalies from the Goloth table, and instead have a random anomaly be given as a bonus to each Goloth bloodcoin spin. I'm a heavy invester, especially when it comes to Wheel promos, but I just don't think standard mix-match curio pieces should be on the 'increased loot' table.

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Apparently there is the chance of some REALLY big wins from the Goloth coins - had one person mention in the Celest city aether that they managed to get a Changeling Cameo from the wheel - that's 1000 credits right there.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • That was off the standard czigany coin, not the bloodcoin.
  • Do we have a table showing what bloodcoins can win? I've spun one, and received a single curio piece from it.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    My guess is that they are equivalent to Iron Coins, just with a different branding... I don't know what the iron coins are like table-wise though.  Would seem weird to make Yet Another Coin Level with its own table (though I guess it's possible).
  • Xenthos said:
    My guess is that they are equivalent to Iron Coins, just with a different branding... I don't know what the iron coins are like table-wise though.  Would seem weird to make Yet Another Coin Level with its own table (though I guess it's possible).
    It is for sure not a rebanding of iron coins. Some people are getting trash-tier normal coin-level rewards(<5cr value) with goloth coins. Irons coins have/had a minimum reward value prize of ~25cr (iirc)
    Then I don't get the point.  They are awfully expensive if they are not Iron Coins.
  • I've seen plenty more spins occur, and honestly, what I've listed seems to be the consistent prizes. Mostly cookies, presents, and crystals. Lots of curios though...like so many wasted curios.
  • Of my three goloth coins so far, I had ~200 goop for two of them, and one gilded mirror. The 192 goop one really hurt my feelings. :D

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• edited June 2019
    Blood coins are better than normal coins but not as good as iron coins.

The big thing is we removed some of the more mundane things, like experience, gold, TF's and crit blessings. Then we added anomalies and evened out the % chances of getting things, so each category is a 10% chance.

They really are not 'awfully' expensive because, for the promotion, we are just using the normal coin packages and replacing a number of them with goloth blood coins. So you're getting a better return for the same price. It's not a crazy good difference or anything, but it's still better on average.

edited June 2019
    Why did you leave curio pieces?  Seems as mundane as gold.
    Edit: Thank you for the clarification on what they are intended to be, by the way.
  • Orael said:
    Blood coins are better than normal coins but not as good as iron coins.

The big thing is we removed some of the more mundane things, like experience, gold, TF's and crit blessings. Then we added anomalies and evened out the % chances of getting things, so each category is a 10% chance.

They really are not 'awfully' expensive because, for the promotion, we are just using the normal coin packages and replacing a number of them with goloth blood coins. So you're getting a better return for the same price. It's not a crazy good difference or anything, but it's still better on average.

Appreciate the insight. But as rewards get more and more devalued the price still seems to be the same.

Had this been a coin I brought would be expensive and I would have felt entirely cheated.

Unless you're valuing the gambling part very highly coin spins are questionable.

The Wheel of Tzaraziko crackles with a brilliant display of colours, rewarding you with
    Two Czigany Curios: base of pixie cut curio piece of the Pixie Cut Curio Set, first lock 
    of copper chignon curio piece of the Copper Chignon Curio Set.
    The throaty voice of Tzaraziko whispers in your ear, "Can you taste the luck yet,
    Steingrim? Keep spinning for that special reward!"

I suppose another way of looking at it is the staff seem to be putting a particularly high price on anomalies.

I suppose some people like the buy a box off the internet and enjoy it mostly being trash. That sort of thing can be fun. But, it can also feel like you've been taken advantage of and ripped off.

I don't have a dog in this fight. I can't imagine short of new cookie items or needing a tf I'd be inclinded to buy coins from the website.

I might have considered buying if a coin was a guaranteed anom plus a chance at something else. I am not saying that is the way the game should go, but there's my feedback as to why you're not seeing any of my cash flow in this month.
  • So I've been apart of and seen a lot of spin results, and I can honestly say that curios and ikons are the majority of the rewards given out, things people -don't- go to the Wheel for, especially with a premium coin. I cannot tell you the frustration that exists when you spin one of these goloth coins and get curio pieces you don't want at all, or a random ikon that isn't even guaranteed epic or legendary quality. I would've loved to get an anomaly per spin, considering I've probably purchased more of these than people have earned from the promo combined, heck I would've loved not seeing a single curio or ikon!
  • I got a crystal once.
  • Today, my goloth coin got me a present, which held a 1000 goop item (aslaran hat) and 21 juniper. Very exciting.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Mine got me two curios

I do not know which disappoints me more. Goloth coins or wondercorn presents.......
  • So far have gotten:
    Two Desolate Anomalies (first spin, woo!)
    A present, containing a spoopy doll (second spin, less woo, but traded for 200 goop so woo?)
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• I work a lot so I often miss timequakes. At the moment I've only gotten one coin, which resulted in a single curio piece. That resulted in me being a lot less enthused about timequakes, and I generally only do them if I need the daily credit tick or if I have nothing else I'm doing at the time. Getting the curio piece was really disappointing, given the amount of RL time it takes me to get the 10 ticks for the coin. I know others who are able to be on a lot more than I am have probably gotten a lot more coins, and that it was just 'bad luck' on my end, but if the goal here was to encourage more participation in timequakes, for me, at least, it didn't work.
  • Finally earned my third coin! And got a standard present!

.... it was 54 Aethergoop *laugh* But at least it was goop. 
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• I'm kind of disappointed that there was no response to this at all and some small tweaks being made to the loot table for it.
  • I think the real problem might be that... the impression I'm getting is basically bloodcoins were coins with anomaly chance attached, whereas we're expecting a promo thing to be bigger than that.

• edited June 2019
    I think the real problem might be that... the impression I'm getting is basically bloodcoins were coins with anomaly chance attached, whereas we're expecting a promo thing to be bigger than that.
    Especially as, in my opinion anyways, anomaly chance isn't an "extra" it's actually a solid detriment to the chances of getting artifacts or durable currency like credits. So it's not that the benefit is not "big enough" to be a promo, but that it's actually... not a benefit at all. 
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Sadly, lootbox mechanics mean that some will reap pretty stellar rewards, and others won't.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.