Simple questions?

Comments

• Choros said:
    How was Ladantine able to channel power through the Megalith from the node on Astral if he was an Aquamancer and not a Celestine?
    Pfft,
    1)It wasn't like he was drawing power FROM the Megalith, he was coning down to it.
    2) As Emperor, he likely had special perms for every empire nexus.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• I could definitely see Avechna and/or the peeps in charge of the surviving/new nexii, both Keepers and Org leaders, deciding to tap down on what anyone could do with regards to power and the astral plane in the wake of the Taint Wars.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited June 2019
    Point of curiosity regarding the new pathing. When path tracking with celerity bonuses, do you kind of teleport from room to room or do people see you pass through the ones that are 'skipped' ?

You speedwalk down to at the base of Beryl Tower.
    You speedwalk south to outside of Beryl Tower.
    You speedwalk down to between bronze pillars.
    You speedwalk north to bronze pillars marked with footnotes.
    6 more steps to your destination.

Like would someone at between bronze pillars see me zip through?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Yes, they see you zip by.
  • If they can see your movements, yes. Though things like Yesod or other invisibility would make your movements invisible. Very few things like a Harmony skill I can't think of right now and such would see your movements.
  • Daraius said:
    Point of curiosity regarding the new pathing. When path tracking with celerity bonuses, do you kind of teleport from room to room or do people see you pass through the ones that are 'skipped' ?

You speedwalk down to at the base of Beryl Tower.
    You speedwalk south to outside of Beryl Tower.
    You speedwalk down to between bronze pillars.
    You speedwalk north to bronze pillars marked with footnotes.
    6 more steps to your destination.

Like would someone at between bronze pillars see me zip through?
    All it's doing is cutting out the room desc of each room you pass through.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Stratas said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Choros said:
    How was Ladantine able to channel power through the Megalith from the node on Astral if he was an Aquamancer and not a Celestine?
    Pfft,
    1)It wasn't like he was drawing power FROM the Megalith, he was coning down to it.
    2) As Emperor, he likely had special perms for every empire nexus.

While both of those are true points, I think the issue raised is one where "coning down" is a Guardian skill, and Ladantine was a mage. By modern gameplay mechanics, he shouldn't be able to do that without a nexus headdress.

But there are a couple of things that could explain it, if one was inclined.
     1) He had a conical nexus headdress on and Lolly just didn't mention it because he was embarrassed for his Emperor.
     2) Ladantine was a badass who could do some amazing things, like establish the theoretical basis for Astral and the means to traverse there. His knowledge of Planar, like his knowledge of Dreamweaving, might make our modern Transcendant look pretty shabby. So he might have an improved version of Link that lets him do this.
     3) Everyone in modern day -could- do this if they wanted, but it would release Kethuru again, and no one wants that.
     4) Anyone back then with Link in Planar could have done it, but when Avechna was reawakened and reinforced the seal on Kethuru, he strengthened it in such a way that only guardians/wiccans can forge a link to a Nexus, likely because of their use of the cosmic weave/great spirits who are better about this sort of thing.
     5) It's lore, it doesn't have to make sense.
    Good points. I'd like to add that Lusternia's theme seems to be post-apocalyptic collapse. We're living in a world that has gone through so much war and destruction that we're barely clinging onto existence. Technologies and advancements from the Old Days are now lost to us. Mages of the Empire may have had the ability to funnel power directly to their nexuses, but that technique is now beyond us and exists only through cosmic guardians.
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • The thread about psychodrama reminded me to ask this. Why is the org credits per year for designing capped at 50 when yearly submission through cartels is already limited to 6 per cartel?
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    This is just my best guess, I wasn't there when they were planning it:
    Six designs per cartel is 30 points per cartel. Multiply it by 7 cartels to get 210 potential points if it goes uncapped. Relying on the natural cap from limited submissions would allow designing to overwhelm other categories.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Portius said:
    This is just my best guess, I wasn't there when they were planning it:
    Six designs per cartel is 30 points per cartel. Multiply it by 7 cartels to get 210 potential points if it goes uncapped. Relying on the natural cap from limited submissions would allow designing to overwhelm other categories.
    Pretty sure that's it, too. The limit also means you can finish up pretty early and not sweat the rest, or have to have every trade cartel brimming with activity. It's a lot of extra pressure for "mandatory" point claims.

• Why must plays be a minimum of 5 minutes to count for org credits whereas a book can be only 200 words?
  • Does being in the ethereal plane have any affect on sanity of shadowdancers/moondancers? It's not in HELP INSANITY, but it's something I heard a lot.
  • edited June 2019
    Pretty sure it is a guardian only thing:

Because of the affinity cosmic guardians have with the cosmic and astral planes, they will recover their sanity slightly faster when they recuperate upon the plane they are attuned to (i.e., Celestines upon Celestia and Nihilists upon Nil).

• Since Wiccans are seen as the equivalent of guardians for communes, perhaps someone should clear that up.

• What is there to clear? It states because of affinity for the COSMIC and ASTRAL planes. At best, the suggestion would be to see if Wiccans could be given the same treatment, but if that happens, then why not give mages Elemental?
  • edited June 2019
    Makai said:
    What is there to clear? It states because of affinity for the COSMIC and ASTRAL planes. At best, the suggestion would be to see if Wiccans could be given the same treatment, but if that happens, then why not give mages Elemental?
    Why not? I played a guardian once, and the cosmic benefit was negligible. Seems reasonable to give it to wiccans and mages (if they don't have that benefit already). Also, that line about COSMIC and ASTRAL... isn't it just the cosmic plane?

Edit: Actually, maybe just wiccans, if only because that's the forest equivalent. Still negligible, just doesn't seem fair that two orgs don't have it, if that help file is true.
  • It is accurate, it is rumor that other archetypes have the same kind of insanity regen through confirmation bias. Also, not as negligible as you think, as it can make a stark difference if you're truly wracking up the time on Astral.

To respond to what you quoted on me, the reason they are listed as having an affinity with Astral is Astrology and of course being the bordering plane to Astral. Granted, Wiccans can also have Astrology. I'm not arguing against them getting it, just answering the question that was here. Do they have it? No. Should they have it? Go for it.
  • Makai said:
    It is accurate, it is rumor that other archetypes have the same kind of insanity regen through confirmation bias. Also, not as negligible as you think, as it can make a stark difference if you're truly wracking up the time on Astral.

To respond to what you quoted on me, the reason they are listed as having an affinity with Astral is Astrology and of course being the bordering plane to Astral. Granted, Wiccans can also have Astrology. I'm not arguing against them getting it, just answering the question that was here. Do they have it? No. Should they have it? Go for it.
    Not trying to argue about it, the question was genuine as I wasn't sure what the reasoning was. And that... still seems confusing, as Astrology is given to both, as you said. But thank you for clearing it up.
  • Nyana said:
    Does being in the ethereal plane have any affect on sanity of shadowdancers/moondancers? It's not in HELP INSANITY, but it's something I heard a lot.
    Currently, the benefit is only applied for:
    Those with the Celestialism skill on Celestia
    Those with the Nihilism skill on Nil
    Those with the Harmonics skill on Continuum
    Those with the Transmology skill on Vortex
    Forum related question. Any idea why I'm told I "don't have permission to do that" when I try to edit my profile?
    I used to make cakes.

edited June 2019
    How do you get a family demigod typecast option!? I never knew that was a thing.
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    How do you get a family demigod typecast option!? I never knew that was a thing.
    250 cr and submit it iirc. Syntax should be in TYPECAST? Can’t log in to double check.
  • Syntax:
      TYPECAST LIST - lists your available typecasts
      TYPECAST LIST PREMIUM - lists premium typecasts you may purchase
      TYPECAST PURCHASE <typecast> - purchase a premium typecast (10cr)
      TYPECAST CUSTOM <typecast> - submit a custom typecast (50cr if approved)
      *TYPECAST CLAN <typecast> <clan> - clan members can use your custom typecast (250cr)
      *TYPECAST FAMILY <typecast> <family> - family members can use your custom typecast (250cr)
    *Note: Cannot set a typecast to both clan and family (either one or the other).

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• It’s a total of 300 credits, since it has to be submitted and approved as an individual typecast first.
    edited June 2019
    Is it something only the house head can submit?
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    Is it something only the house head can submit?
    Nope! Anyone in the family can donate a typecast
    edited June 2019
    Anyone know how to create a reflex package from a "main package" group in Nexus?

Never mind, figured it out. You click the little box next to the group and "create package" and "add to package" options appear.
    I used to make cakes.

• Does the sketchpad artifact (1087) act as a non-decay container for sketches or do they still decay as normal within the sketchpad?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited June 2019
    AFAIK they still decay... I haven't actually tested it though, all the sketches I have in my sketchpad have a sketch rune attached to them.
    Edit: I'm popping an unruned sketch in now.  Prod me in a day or two and I'll let you know if the decay time's changed on it.  It has 5 months now.