Library - Website/App

Would it be possible to have read-only library access via the website or the IRE app? 

Comments

• I mean, it could be a good idea. However it takes away from the point of obtaining library cards in game, which I don't think we should mess with that. What if we have some sort of secret knowledge, or pockets of things others don't have in some orgs more than others?
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • Vatul said:
    I mean, it could be a good idea. However it takes away from the point of obtaining library cards in game, which I don't think we should mess with that. What if we have some sort of secret knowledge, or pockets of things others don't have in some orgs more than others?
    We have Restricted and Secret Library levels. I don't think anyone uses these levels and makes books just public. Likewise, I believe all orgs have personal libraries they can published to that doesn't get sent out to everyone. I don't know if anyone has ever used these either. Likewise, I would guess many probably don't use guild libraries much either (old guilds probably used them a bunch, but not sure about new guilds).
  • I mean, could just require a player to login to the app and use their library permissions to filter what books they can see. Solves all the issues and causes no harm.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ayisdra said:
    Vatul said:
    I mean, it could be a good idea. However it takes away from the point of obtaining library cards in game, which I don't think we should mess with that. What if we have some sort of secret knowledge, or pockets of things others don't have in some orgs more than others?
    We have Restricted and Secret Library levels. I don't think anyone uses these levels and makes books just public. Likewise, I believe all orgs have personal libraries they can published to that doesn't get sent out to everyone. I don't know if anyone has ever used these either. Likewise, I would guess many probably don't use guild libraries much either (old guilds probably used them a bunch, but not sure about new guilds).
    Glomdoring uses those levels.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Right, Auguries use our guild library quite a bit as well as the access levels, Nocht's Order as well. Access rights should likely be checked in association with the website/app logged-in account if this sort of thing were developed.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight