Gurashi Draws: An Autobiography

Comments

• edited June 2019
    Czixi said:
    Gurashi said:

@Daraius OR... or... you could join Glomdoring *laugh* 

‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Ahhhhh! Where were some of these hiding! So precious! Dying at the commentary! 

• I'm absolutely adoring these. I just want to see more!
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • Aramel said:
    These are all so great! And yes, an enemy sheet would be amazing too, let us steal you for ALL THE RP.

Edit: and hilariously awkward tea parties because my character is low-key scared of bugs.
    Gurashi: *moves*

Aramel: 
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• I do not condone the killing of bugs.

Moths however.....

• Kistan said:
    I do not condone the killing of bugs.

Moths however.....
    *looks at the new moth Kephera we just got and gets nervous*

• I just realized I haven't posted any more art stuff and this is an art thread so here is a Gurashi pet appreciation post: 

Bayard, my first ever pet gifted to me randomly by Snald (she's super derpy) 

Kohana, my mammoth (since Gurashi is too big to ride a pony). Also gifted to me, this time by Aleyah

Then I learned Ecology and got the rebirth skill and got a BATTO (Adrien helped me name him Percival). It has anxiety and at least a few screws loose. 

(we love Percival in this house) 
    Then came Birbemon, a gift from @Tridemon (paranoid parakeet curio. I realize now I should have named him Bribemon)

That was it for a little while. Sleepy pals. 

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    How long did you say you’ve been playing again?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    How long did you say you’ve been playing again?
    Oh, uh, I think we started late February/early March, so... since then :D 

• MORE PETS...
    And then came Bizirik the Leothin (purchased entirely with free daily credits. 950 of them, oof. worth it!) She's a big baby. Mostly blind and reliant on echolocation and scent to get around. She also has some other, not-yet-seen abilities! 

(The Leothin is an open species concept created by the wonderful Allison Theus/beastsofoblivion. You can find more about them online!)

And then most recently, I got yet ANOTHER gift, this time a fire wyvern baby who still hasn't growed up yet, named Sardonix. 

I don't really need/want more pets than that I don't think, but when the wayfaire thing comes around I'd love to get my hands on a Gryphon I think. (I like the more crow/panther Gryphon options, not so much eagle/lion!)

• Trying to draw other people's animals, something I have to practice more... animal legs are so hard O-K?
    Elsie, Ishra's goat that I surprised her with a while back! She rides it everywhere and it's super cute <3 

Also drew an attempt at a Worg. This one is Kyalrhin's, who has a shadow made of undulating blood or something, and wings made of ashes. 

I was also given a regular wyvern egg, but I'm raising her to give as another gift. Regular wyverns in my head are less pokey and more stubby and flappy than fire wyverns. 

• Gurashi said:
    Trying to draw other people's animals, something I have to practice more... animal legs are so hard O-K?
    Elsie, Ishra's goat that I surprised her with a while back! She rides it everywhere and it's super cute <3 

Also drew an attempt at a Worg. This one is Kyalrhin's, who has a shadow made of undulating blood or something, and wings made of ashes. 

I was also given a regular wyvern egg, but I'm raising her to give as another gift. Regular wyverns in my head are less pokey and more stubby and flappy than fire wyverns. 

That wyvern is so adorable, I feel like Alexandria might need one for her growing menagerie now.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Gurashi's smile is gone for good.
  • Kalnid said:
    Gurashi's smile is gone for good.

•  For reference *laughing* I use these all the time in the Glom Discord.

• Is it bad that I didn't even notice the mouth drawn in two of bug drawings until Kalnid something. Also, can Kephera cry ( I know the answer is probably 'if they have human ancestors, yes')?
  • Insects with compound eyes have a weird clearcoat on their eyeballs so they don't need tears/tear ducts to wipe away the sadness/debris. Gurashi has gooby eyes like a 17-year cicada, therefore he has eyelids, therefore he should theoretically have tearducts?? I don't know, he's never cried IG but I draw him crying all the time because I'm a weeb. 

• Daraius said:
    I think I'm too old to understand these memes.
    (Maybe they aren't so much memes as just... the embodiment of Gurashi, player and character, is secretly a 10 year old crybaby)