Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• Choros said:
    It's almost like both sides actually do the same sorts of shenanigans from time to time, but don't want to admit it due to some sort of preconceived idea that "we're the good guy, they're the bad guy" instead of the commonsense understanding that Lusternia is a big fat spectrum of grey areas. 
    Source your assertions. 
  • I'm disappointed that's a dude and a not a gurashi-bug.
  • Enya said:
    What a farce.

• Enya said:
    Choros said:
    It's almost like both sides actually do the same sorts of shenanigans from time to time, but don't want to admit it due to some sort of preconceived idea that "we're the good guy, they're the bad guy" instead of the commonsense understanding that Lusternia is a big fat spectrum of grey areas. 
    Source your assertions. 
    ... I don't want to name names, but not even a week ago a small group was raiding EthGlom and Viravain's realm and dirigible-ing the corpses to people (myself included, who was idling in manse). And that's been happening since the day we joined. I remember around the time we joined my partner being one of maybe two/three newer players online late at night (barely a few weeks into playing and in no way experienced enough to defend the commune or take on raiders) being surrounded and having dead bodies of the daughters of the night and leopards hurled at them from adjacent rooms. Like, I don't think it's against the rules, but it wasn't a nice thing to do, especially to such new players. They were all really upset by it! ...But since that horrible experience, they've all become MUCH better at fighting and know how to knock heads!

Bad stuff happens when people are or aren't awake, to new and to old players. (I'm not a fan of defiling, or raiding, or PVP) But Choros is right - it's the 'we're good, they're bad' mentality when you play this game. Something is always going to happen to upset someone eventually. All we can do is try to remain amiable OOC, because in the end it's a game we all get to enjoy, and it costs absolutely nothin' to be nice to each other. 
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Gurashi said:
    Enya said:
    Choros said:
    Source your assertions. 
    ... I don't want to name names, but not even a week ago a small group was raiding EthGlom and Viravain's realm and dirigible-ing the corpses to people (myself included, who was idling in manse). And that's been happening since the day we joined. I remember around the time we joined my partner being one of maybe two/three newer players online late at night (barely a few weeks into playing and in no way experienced enough to defend the commune or take on raiders) being surrounded and having dead bodies of the daughters of the night and leopards hurled at them from adjacent rooms. Like, I don't think it's against the rules, but it wasn't a nice thing to do, especially to such new players. They were all really upset by it! ...But since that horrible experience, they've all become MUCH better at fighting and know how to knock heads!

Bad stuff happens when people are or aren't awake, to new and to old players. (I'm not a fan of defiling, or raiding, or PVP) But Choros is right - it's the 'we're good, they're bad' mentality when you play this game. Something is always going to happen to upset someone eventually. All we can do is try to remain amiable OOC, because in the end it's a game we all get to enjoy, and it costs absolutely nothin' to be nice to each other. 
    Crek said:
    New Glomdoring now accepting applications.

• The reason corpses were being dirigbled was actually because we did not know who was in what order and figured if we sent corpses of god realm mobs to people from orgs someone might say "hey they are in X realm" and people would come fight. That's a vastly huge difference to what happened here.

We also didn't come to the forums gloating about it and then try to make it out like we were the victims after being called out on it.

As for Choros' statement. I never said that there was a good side and a bad side. Every side has its bad seeds. I probably would have kept out of this entirely if it wasn't for the trolling/gloating by player(s) of the org on the forums.

Congratulations, you bashed a bunch of mobs in an org with nobody to defend it after realising it had nothing to defend it. You are the new Ena's.
  • Choros said:

Source your assertions. 
    My assertion is that there are "good" (people who just want to get along) people and "bad" (not bad, but do enjoy conflict) people on each "side", and that often, "bad" people in a side do things that get the "good" people killed or harmed in some tangible or intangible way. Often, "bad" people raid or do some sort of conflict, and then when the other side retaliates, the "good" people in an org have absolutely no clue of why the conflict is going on, only that the other side is attacking them.

My source is almost 15 years of experience in IRE games.
    Not all men amirite  :p:p:p
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • Choros said:
    Enya said:
    Choros said:
    Source your assertions. 
    My assertion is that there are "good" (people who just want to get along) people and "bad" (not bad, but do enjoy conflict) people on each "side", and that often, "bad" people in a side do things that get the "good" people killed or harmed in some tangible or intangible way. Often, "bad" people raid or do some sort of conflict, and then when the other side retaliates, the "good" people in an org have absolutely no clue of why the conflict is going on, only that the other side is attacking them.

My source is almost 15 years of experience in IRE games.
    Only fifteen years? Whattanoob.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Xenthos said:
    Feyr raided, we chased him back to Serenwilde, he logged off (note: Feyr has security permissions and raised discretionaries in Ethereal Serenwilde, despite assertions that there was nobody around with such).  We found that prime Serenwilde had zero guards and Enyalida bonded to an unruned totem at the Moonhart.  Only thing that existed was a runed totem on the northwest border to the hills, I think.
    Edit: The Seren shrine dusting was in response to Barrin and Feyr dusting shrines too, Magnagora had nothing to do with any of it.  I have no idea where you got your "full story" from.
    I just need to clarify things, else we have a broken telephone scenario. It was a timequake and the conflict within the timequake was favouring the South, so I went to the Floating Island of the Forgotten, to attract some attention away from the quake by defiling a room, of which I did one act (did not fully defile a room or the shrine). In any case, I then left. Moments later, Xenthos killed all the dryads in Maylea's realm and Snald then raided Etherwilde by killing all the ladies and killing the aspects. Note, I was the only Seren logged in. (Personally I think that is excessive). 

The North then raided Etherglom a day later when Glom started dusting shrines. Then the tit-for-tat scenario started.

I am not saying that either side was at fault regarding the raids, as stated earlier, we do play in a conflict-type game. There are no rules about the do's and don'ts about raiding. It's more about those invisible rules that we have which fall into that area of collective personal opinion. Such as, don't continually kill loyal NPCs that are associated to org quests. I think Glomdoring found an opportunity where they knew that Serenwilde prime nexus had no guards, and that the totem was not runed. Was it enough to justify an "RP" moment... kinda. I see it more of an excuse to justify the heat of the moment. I think it was more, we have more muscle than you so why don't you just sit down and let us play our game, if you do piss us off then we will troll you. -- That is my personal opinion so I don't care how you comment since I rarely read the forums due to it's toxic vibe. 

Personally, I see it as a moment to reflect: Perhaps Serenwilde should keep guards at the Prime Nexus and make a point of keeping totems runed. I can also understand the reason not keeping so many guards as they are expensive to keep. 

In any case, what is done is done. Hopefully we can all learn from this, and perhaps not point fingers at each other since that never resolves things. 
  • edited June 2019
    (Ever since the overhaul the impact of Prime totems/Statues is really basically nil and it's really no drama to just walk through them)
    (Guards are largely tankable and any group of N people who want to break them can)
    (Non-power org defence mechanisms are fallacy) 
  • Niloc said:
     I went to the Floating Island of the Forgotten, to attract some attention away from the quake by defiling a room, of which I did one act (did not fully defile a room or the shrine). 

Xenthos killed all the dryads in Maylea's realm

Snald then raided Etherwilde by killing all the ladies and killing the aspects. 

The North then raided Etherglom a day later when Glom started dusting shrines. Then the tit-for-tat scenario started.

So it sounds like you wanted to draw attention, and when it happened,  you drew more attention than you wanted. Now you have Serenwilders who don't know that you went out of your way to poke the hornet's nest, who just think Xenthos and Snald went out of their way to poke at Serenwilde.

And on the other side,  you have people who don't realise that Xenthos and Snald (over)retaliated against you and drew the ire of whoever was raiding Etherglom.

Maybe people should start writing in logs when they attack other orgs, so we know what our orgmates are doing and why other orgs attack us.

Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Choros said:

So it sounds like you wanted to draw attention, and when it happened,  you drew more attention than you wanted. Now you have Serenwilders who don't know that you went out of your way to poke the hornet's nest, who just think Xenthos and Snald went out of their way to poke at Serenwilde.

And on the other side,  you have people who don't realise that Xenthos and Snald (over)retaliated against you and drew the ire of whoever was raiding Etherglom.

Maybe people should start writing in logs when they attack other orgs, so we know what our orgmates are doing and why other orgs attack us.

This is the main reason I don't like raiding. So much easier to have drama between enemies.

But yeah... that's actually a really good idea.
  • Nyana said:
    Choros said:

This is the main reason I don't like raiding. So much easier to have drama between enemies.

But yeah... that's actually a really good idea.
    You could just link to appropriate forum article?
  • Thank you for those wise words Choros. The problem with forums is that people seem to think they have a right to attack or give an opinion when I have already stated it. If you seek affirmation towards online identity as opposed a real life identity, thats cool. 

My post was to state the facts as they happened, instead of two sides squabbling. But thank you for the comments from the peanut gallery.  

• Choros said:
    Niloc said:
     I went to the Floating Island of the Forgotten, to attract some attention away from the quake by defiling a room, of which I did one act (did not fully defile a room or the shrine). 

Source your assertions.
  • Enya said:
    Choros said:
    Niloc said:

Source your assertions.
    Reality.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Choros said:
    Niloc said:

A kick-and-run raid of the other sides territory to distract them from an active pvp objective is a not uncommon tactic, one that Glomdoring has certainly made use of regularly in the past.

False memory'ing that aspect of all of this reinforces that this is just more of Glomdoring trying to position themselves as the victim yet again because it's so obviously a crappy thing that they've done once more.
  • Enya said:
    Choros said:
    Niloc said:

Source your assertions.

Niloc said:
    Xenthos said:
    Feyr raided, we chased him back to Serenwilde, he logged off (note: Feyr has security permissions and raised discretionaries in Ethereal Serenwilde, despite assertions that there was nobody around with such).  We found that prime Serenwilde had zero guards and Enyalida bonded to an unruned totem at the Moonhart.  Only thing that existed was a runed totem on the northwest border to the hills, I think.
    Edit: The Seren shrine dusting was in response to Barrin and Feyr dusting shrines too, Magnagora had nothing to do with any of it.  I have no idea where you got your "full story" from.
    I just need to clarify things, else we have a broken telephone scenario. It was a timequake and the conflict within the timequake was favouring the South, so I went to the Floating Island of the Forgotten, to attract some attention away from the quake by defiling a room, of which I did one act (did not fully defile a room or the shrine). In any case, I then left. Moments later, Xenthos killed all the dryads in Maylea's realm and Snald then raided Etherwilde by killing all the ladies and killing the aspects. Note, I was the only Seren logged in. (Personally I think that is excessive). 

I am not saying that either side was at fault regarding the raids, as stated earlier, we do play in a conflict-type game. There are no rules about the do's and don'ts about raiding. It's more about those invisible rules that we have which fall into that area of collective personal opinion. Such as, don't continually kill loyal NPCs that are associated to org quests. I think Glomdoring found an opportunity where they knew that Serenwilde prime nexus had no guards, and that the totem was not runed. Was it enough to justify an "RP" moment... kinda. I see it more of an excuse to justify the heat of the moment. I think it was more, we have more muscle than you so why don't you just sit down and let us play our game, if you do piss us off then we will troll you. -- That is my personal opinion so I don't care how you comment since I rarely read the forums due to it's toxic vibe. 

Personally, I see it as a moment to reflect: Perhaps Serenwilde should keep guards at the Prime Nexus and make a point of keeping totems runed. I can also understand the reason not keeping so many guards as they are expensive to keep. 

In any case, what is done is done. Hopefully we can all learn from this, and perhaps not point fingers at each other since that never resolves things. 
    ^ Source of my assertions.

Anything else?
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • edited June 2019
    Choros said:
    Enya said:

Anything else?
    You seem to think that makes Glomdoring look good when it makes Glom look worse lol.

Seren tapped a Glom shrine a little.
    Glom raided a godrealm and etherseren killing everything inside.
    Glom then started dusting shrines.
    Seren raids etherglom.

Killing off the mobs in etherseren and a Godrealm as revenge for... participating in timequakes.

Yep, Glom is such a victim totally not a bully /sarcasm

edit: I mean, damn, people whine about the lack of PVP. Maybe look at how you "punish" the other side for trying to participate cause it seems like the message the Glomdorks were trying to drive home here is that no one should try.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited June 2019
    You're arguing against Barrin (a Seren) and Choros (a Hallifaxian).  That kinda makes you look silly when you mentally move them to Glom just because they say something you disagree with.
    Your thing is also off.  The initial order of events was:
    1) Barrin poked at a shrine.
    2) EthSeren and Maylea's realm got hit.
    3) Barrin & Feyr dusted a shrine (the one that Barrin poked at earlier) and raided a Godrealm a couple hours later (timestamp: 2019/06/14 9:56 and 10:22 server time).
    It did continue on from there.  That said, as stated earlier, we chased Feyr in after he killed a leopard in Shikari's realm 2019/06/14 at 22:48 (he raised discretionaries at 22:53), and hung out for a while.
    Edit: Also, nobody killed any Avatars.  That would have taken hours of work to grind up essence for.
  • Choros said:
    Now you have Serenwilders who don't know that you went out of your way to poke the hornet's nest, who just think Xenthos and Snald went out of their way to poke at Serenwilde.

Source. Your. Assertions.

That post you quoted was the opposite.
  • Xenthos said:
    You're arguing against Barrin (a Seren) and Choros (a Hallifaxian).  That kinda makes you look silly when you mentally move them to Glom just because they say something you disagree with.
    Your thing is also off.  The initial order of events was:
    1) Barrin poked at a shrine.
    2) EthSeren and Maylea's realm got hit.
    3) Barrin & Feyr dusted a shrine (the one that Barrin poked at earlier) and raided a Godrealm a couple hours later (timestamp: 2019/06/14 9:56 and 10:22 server time).
    It did continue on from there.  That said, as stated earlier, we chased Feyr in after he killed a leopard in Shikari's realm 2019/06/14 at 22:48 (he raised discretionaries at 22:53), and hung out for a while.
    Edit: Also, nobody killed any Avatars.  That would have taken hours of work to grind up essence for.
    *shrug* you can just swap the "you" to "them" then for Choros and I'm not actually arguing against Niloc just outlining their list of events in bullet points. 

Per your usual tactics, your list of events skips the context that Barrin tapped the shrine to justify the over-reaction from Glomdoring.
    Given the consistency that this happens I'd also expect Niloc's account saying Glomdoring started dusting shrines between 2 and 3 on your list probably also happened and it's been skimmed over again to justify Glom behaviour.
  • Okay, seriously, how long is this going to go on? Choros quoted A SERENWILDER that gave their account of the events, RIGHT HERE that got QUOTED. Xenthos has given their side of it. I'm finding it relatively hard to believe that the people who weren't online, at all in any capacity, seem to know more than the people who were present. Also, how is Glom claiming victim in any of this? SOURCE YOUR ASSERTIONS! I'm so tired of hearing about this, it's pretty common knowledge at this point that it went too far and what they did was more than called for. It was an extreme dick move, even the posting here on the forums about it, can we move on?
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Saran said:
    Choros said:
    Enya said:

Anything else?
    You seem to think that makes Glomdoring look good when it makes you look worse lol.

Seren tapped a Glom shrine a little.
    Glom raided a godrealm and etherseren killing everything inside.
    Glom then started dusting shrines.
    Seren raids etherglom.

Killing off avatars and the mobs in a Godrealm as revenge for... participating in timequakes.

Yep, Glom is such a victim totally not a bully /sarcasm

edit: I mean, damn, people whine about the lack of PVP. Maybe look at how you "punish" the other side for trying to participate cause it seems like the message the Glomdorks were trying to drive home here is that no one should try.
    I really wanted to avoid dragging myself into this again, but... presenting a perspective of events and reasoning for actions = crying victim? Really?

Also:
    Killing off avatars and the mobs in a Godrealm as revenge for... participating in timequakes.
    Defiling shrines (which has been indicated as the direct instigation for Glomdoring's raids) = participating in timequakes? ...Really?

I find it bewildering how much some individuals are so ready to twist things to coincide with their own perspectives. Bewildering.

P.S. A+ for the juvenile name-calling, it marvellously embellishes your post's sense of maturity.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Makai said:
    Okay, seriously, how long is this going to go on? Choros quoted A SERENWILDER that gave their account of the events, RIGHT HERE that got QUOTED. Xenthos has given their side of it. I'm finding it relatively hard to believe that the people who weren't online, at all in any capacity, seem to know more than the people who were present. Also, how is Glom claiming victim in any of this? SOURCE YOUR ASSERTIONS! I'm so tired of hearing about this, it's pretty common knowledge at this point that it went too far and what they did was more than called for. It was an extreme dick move, even the posting here on the forums about it, can we move on?
    The Glom account continually positions it as Serenwilde attacking Glom and then Glom responding. I.E Glomdoring was attacked and they were just responding.

Where the Seren account shows that it was ultimately just a normal part of a conflict event and then Glomdoring continuing to attack Serenwilde afterward.  I.E Serenwilde was just employing a common tactic for conflict events and has since been targeted with significantly disproportionate attacks.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    If you're tired of this conversation, just remember it was Crek that decided to gloat on the forums. Just saying.