Should Lusternia bring back Bardics and Artisinals?

2»

Comments

• @Saran you never cease to amaze with how you go about my posts. Stating that we have methods to reward written works is not equating the systems. The following text of that post is how I would like to see the library changed and had nothing to do with Bardics. I apologize if that is too difficult to understand, because as it is written, it very clearly states library and not Bardics.

Onto actual matters though, I understand that my opinion is the unpopular one, in fact I even stated this:
    Makai said:
    So if Bardics did make a comeback, perhaps they shouldn't be something that can also be submitted to the game libraries for double-dipping, but my opinion is probably the unpopular one.
    Simply put, it doesn't make much business sense to pay for property you already own, and that's the angle I'm going at this. Players enjoy being able to submit their work multiple times for multiple payouts, and that was an incentive, but times are different and the game is still trying to make some money to keep it going and developing. This statement I'm going to make applies specifically to Bardics: There is no sense in the business to giving out more of their currency for works they can already claim ownership of. Artisinals is another topic, as when you submit the art, it then becomes property, but for Bardics if it's already a book or play script, then they're just paying for things they own.

That is why I argue against multiple submissions of the same work, especially towards Bardics. If Bardics did make a comeback, I'd want them to be unique works rather than books or play scripts that already exist. Heck, could make a theme for each month for Bardics/Artisinals that the submissions have to match, kind of like what they've been doing with Ascension design events.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Coraline said:
    Also for judging, maybe you can hire mortal reviewers, like with designing?
    I am strongly against this suggestion. Admin can't win bardics or artisanals. All players can.

Player judging is a layer of bias I don't think we should introduce into the equation. Designs aren't the same because designs aren't competitive; you either meet the basic designing pattern criteria or you don't. All design rejections are given with a clear reason, which can be contested and brought before the Charites if necessary.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    Coraline said:
    I am strongly against this suggestion. Admin can't win bardics or artisanals. All players can.

Player judging is a layer of bias I don't think we should introduce into the equation. Designs aren't the same because designs aren't competitive; you either meet the basic designing pattern criteria or you don't. All design rejections are given with a clear reason, which can be contested and brought before the Charites if necessary.
    Ah, I assumed the submissions reviewed would be anonymous. Admittedly I don't know much about the process. They had stopped doing them when I started playing
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Coraline said:
    Mortal reviewers have a history of having a high margin of approval error. We do have some designs out there that certainly are interesting.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • No, never liked the idea of a corporation taking someone's IP while potentially giving them nothing in return.

Then there's the whole thing about having an art contest where your artistic skill is often the least important part.

You can also lump in how unevenly 'decidedly lusternian' winds up being. Humans even if your charcter is one, can be excluded for simply being human, while elves which are no more lusternian seem to get a pass.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited July 2019
    Thus began the Age of Gurashi.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Dear whichever admin decided to have us upload text files instead of copying and pasting:

Thank you. This is better.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • While I welcome the return of these, I can't help but notice that Gaudiguch already has a list of maybe 14 or so books waiting for approval over many, many, many years now
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Oh, it's not just us?
  • edited July 2019
    Kistan said:
    While I welcome the return of these, I can't help but notice that Gaudiguch already has a list of maybe 14 or so books waiting for approval over many, many, many years now
    Oh yeah, I was going to wait another ig year and then Issue that
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.