Morkarion becomes Shikari's Forge-Born.

KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
edited June 2013 in Event Scrolls
So online for a bit to chat with others about how the contest went, and future ideas for the Order when suddenly:

A low snarl echoes at the edges of your hearing as the Predator reveals His presence to the Pack.

(Initiates of Blood): You say, "Hail my Lord."

(Initiates of Blood): Shikari says, "Greetings, Pack."

(Initiates of Blood): Iorwen says, "Hail, Lord."

(Initiates of Blood): Shikari says, "I see the contest has ended. Well done, all of you."

(Initiates of Blood): You say, "Thank you My Lord, it was well fought."

(Initiates of Blood): Iorwen says, "Thank You."

(Initiates of Blood): Shikari says, "And how fitting that those who strove the hardest are all 

awake at the time. Minus Xenthos, of course."

(Initiates of Blood): You say, "Indeed, I believe the Fangs are both currently preoccupied."

(Initiates of Blood): Shikari says, "Enjoy the rewards of My divine favour."

(Initiates of Blood): You say, "Thank you my Lord."

(Initiates of Blood): Shikari says, "...except for you, Morkarion."

(Initiates of Blood): Iorwen says, "Thank You, Lord."

(Initiates of Blood): Shikari says, "I require your presence. All of you, in My fulcrux."

(Initiates of Blood): You say, "Yes my Lord."

*some brief shuffling about happens*

The Fulcrux of Shikari.
The orange tongues of a crackling fire dance eerily here within a circle of rocks and blackened bone. A pool of pure blackness sits in the centre of a rough rock cradle. Shikari, the Predator lurks here, a tense, primal aura emanating from His form.

You kneel before Shikari, swearing your allegiance to Him.

Iorwen kneels before Shikari, swearing her allegiance to Him.

Shikari, the Predator snarls, "We will wait for the others."

Kio surfaces from a pool of pure blackness, gasping for air.

Kio nods his head emphatically.

Kio bows respectfully to Shikari.

You kneel before Shikari, swearing your allegiance to Him.

Aurik kneels before Shikari, swearing his allegiance to Him.

Shikari, the Predator nods His head in greeting to all present.

Shikari, the Predator snarls, "Aurik, Iorwen, Kio. I will say it only once more: Well done. I trust the three of you will live up to the potential you displayed during the contest."

Nodding reverently, Keeper of the Blackened Bones, Kio Erid'in says, "Thank ya, Lord Shikari."

Iorwen Shee-Slaugh, Keeper of the Black Nest smiles and says, "Thank You."

Shadow Aurik Shee-Slaugh, Eyes of Bloodlust says, "Thank You."

Eyes hardening, Shikari, the Predator snarls at you, "As for you."

After a tense pause, Shikari, the Predator snarls, "To say you have done well is an understatement."

Shikari, the Predator snarls, "Of course, the quantity of your kills is great, but your contest proved to be far greater in value than the mere bleeding of prey."

You have emoted: Shadow Warden Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt nods his head to Shikari, allowing a small smile to spread across his lips.

You say, "Thank you My Lord."

Shikari, the Predator snarls, "As Xenthos has said, it brought the Pack together, in turn strengthening and empowering participants. I would see more of this in the future, though it does not have to be on this contest's scale."

You say, "The Chieftain and I have discussed the idea of future challenges on a shorter scale."Shikari, the Predator gives a short nod.

You say, "To encourage both personal growth and teamwork."

Shikari, the Predator snarls at you, "All that aside, this contest was a testament to your creativity, strength, and discipline. While your Packmates bested you, it was for the good of the Pack. Whether intentional or not, you supported your Packmates while maintaining the feeling of competition. This proved best for all, in the end."

You nod your head emphatically.

Shikari, the Predator draws a black steel dagger from His belt.

You say, "I am proud of each and every one of them, and have no shame in being beaten by such teamwork."

Shikari, the Predator snarls, "So to you, Morkarion, I grant your due reward."

Suddenly wary, you tense your body, preparing yourself for what may come.

Shikari, the Predator snarls, "One you have earned five times over."

Shikari, the Predator snarls, "Hold still."

Shikari, the Predator advances upon you, dagger in hand. Without pausing, He plunges the blade into your chest, burying it to the hilt.

Your body fills with a searing heat as the dagger slides into your flesh, burning you from within, boiling your blood and frying every nerve within your body.

Shikari has imbued you with great powers, use them wisely.

Shikari, the Predator watches you intently for a brief moment before slowly removing the dagger from your flesh. The metal of the blade is molten, its colour a bright yellow-orange, as if pulled directly from the heart of a furnace.

Though the blade is removed from your chest, your insides continue to burn with an unnatural fire. Slowly, though, you realize you are not in pain; instead, you feel phenomenal - empowered.The dagger in Shikari's hand cools rapidly, returning to its original form.

You give a horrified gasp.

Shikari, the Predator returns the blade to His belt as the wound in your chest closes and heals with a hiss and a puff of steam.

You say, "My Lord I..."

You drop to one knee, demonstrating your humility and respect.

You say, "Thank you."

Shikari, the Predator snarls, "One other bore the mantle that is now yours, Forge-born. I trust you will perform better than he did."

You stand up and stretch your arms out wide.

To the others, Shikari, the Predator snarls, "Congratulate your new Forge-born, My newest Avatar."

You say, "I will not fail you my Lord."

Kio beams broadly.

Iorwen stands up and stretches her arms out wide.

Iorwen smiles softly.

Aurik stands up and stretches his arms out wide.

Aurik gives you a respectful salute.

Iorwen tells you, "I am very proud of you, my love."

Gleaming with cub-like excitement, Keeper of the Blackened Bones, Kio Erid'in says to you, "Well done, Huntsmaster!"

You say, "Thank you, thank you all."

You tell Iorwen Shee-Slaugh, Keeper of the Black Nest, "As am I of you."

Shikari, the Predator initiates you into the mysteries of the Heralds of Slaughter of the Divine Order of Shikari, the Predator

(Heralds of Slaughter): You say, "Thank you My Lord, you honour me beyond the words I have to do it justice."

Shikari, the Predator snarls at you, "This is a great responsibility. You are now one of My Heralds, and thus you speak with My voice. But, as the Pack knows, your actions are more telling than your words."

Shikari, the Predator snarls, "Your rank within your path of War remains the same. You are to earn the rest of the ranks the way anyone else would."

Shikari, the Predator snarls, "And most importantly, you embody Discipline. You are what the others should aspire to. Do not live that down."

Tilting His head, Shikari, the Predator snarls, "If you have any questions, you can ask Me that in private. Otherwise, you are all dismissed."

You say, "I will not disappoint nor dishonour you, or Your Pack My Lord."

You say, "I am.. merely without words to convey my feelings at this time."

Shikari smirks.

In the distance rings the clash of steel against steel, accompanied by warcries and the howls of the dying.

Shikari, the Predator snarls, "Go kill, then. And kill well."

You say, "I will My Lord."

The urge to respond in kind overwhelms you.

Shadow Aurik Shee-Slaugh, Eyes of Bloodlust says, "Kill well, my Lord."

You say, "Kill well My Lord."

Shikari's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Keeper of the Blackened Bones, Kio Erid'in smiles and says, "Kill well, my Lord."

The tension lifts and the sounds of life return as Shikari, the Predator fades seamlessly into the aether.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I saw that when I logged on and RN'd.  I was amused. :D

Shikari is the best. <3
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'll be honest, when I first read "...except for you Morkarion." I honestly thought Mork was going to get it in the neck. Whether he'd be told there's no prize for failure (which in the contest, there wasn't) or berated for underestimating the strength of a Pack against a lone individual.

When I realised what was going on I had a rather ... "reserved" response in one of the clans >.>

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The urge to respond in kind overwhelms you.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    So don't ask is sooooo Shikari. <3
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Good stuff man, thanks for posting that. I wish I had saved mine.