The Silent Lord Stalks Gabriella

(This was the most "recent" of a few encounters Gabriella has had with Nocht after she assisted in helping Maylea to poison him, during the incident with Allessa the Beloved.  So much fun to be haunted by Nocht!  He was very scary. :D  From March of 2012. )

You let loose a long breath from your lungs, exhaling slowly.

Faint footsteps echo from behind you, drawing closer with unnerving speed.

The Moonhart Mother Tree.

The variety of trees that crowd around the Moonhart Mother Tree goes beyond count, elms and alders, beech and cherry, hawthorn and hazel, evergreen and oak, all dwarfed by the magnificence and majesty of the mother tree herself. The grasses and shrubs that grow in the surrounding forest become scarce as they approach the tree, replaced by tiny wildflowers of amethyst-purple and marble-white. The veil to the ethereal plane is particularly thin, and the laughter of pixies and other creatures of the fae tinkle down from the treetops and tickle the ears of those below. The atmosphere itself, although benign and welcoming, also vibrates with a palpable power, sending shivers up the skin. A sedge of galingale is firmly planted in the forest floor. Singing a hauntingly beautiful melody, Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart, stands here. Towering high above is the Moonhart Mother Tree, stretching her enormous branches heavenwards. There are 5 armoured owls here. There are 12 centaur hunters here. There are 3 fierce timberwolves here. A mature birch tree stands proudly here. There are 14 kephera nature warders here. Hovering over a raised dais are two silver arrows, their long shafts crossed with the points aimed skywards. A striped badger is here, licking its paws. Its petals glistening with ice, a delicate snoefaasia orchid grows here from a clump of snow. There are 3 armoured badgers here. A moon maiden floats here, her form swathed in glowing cloth. An elfen guard strolls here, alert and vigilant. Covered in bone armour, a red fox stands here, cautiously listening to the surroundings. Reaching up as high as the eye can see looms the awesome presence of a living totem. In the shape of an open palm, a metallic sigil lies here. A platinum eye sigil is here. A massive stag stands here proudly, exuding a quiet confidence. An illustrated canvas hangs in the air here, supported by silvery ribbons. Druid Lehki Talnara, of the Rabid Beasts is here, shrouded. He wields a mystic cudgel in his left hand.

You shudder violently as a chill ripples down your spine.

Beads of sweat break out on your face.

Lehki tilts his head curiously at you.

Gabriella opens her eyes and looks up at Lehki.

Brightly, you say to Lehki, "S-so, how are you, Da?"

Faint whispers reach your ear, beckoning, urging you to turn your head and look back.

The Moonhart Mother Tree.

The variety of trees that crowd around the Moonhart Mother Tree goes beyond count, elms and alders, beech and cherry, hawthorn and hazel, evergreen and oak, all dwarfed by the magnificence and majesty of the mother tree herself. The grasses and shrubs that grow in the surrounding forest become scarce as they approach the tree, replaced by tiny wildflowers of amethyst-purple and marble-white. The veil to the ethereal plane is particularly thin, and the laughter of pixies and other creatures of the fae tinkle down from the treetops and tickle the ears of those below. The atmosphere itself, although benign and welcoming, also vibrates with a palpable power, sending shivers up the skin. A sedge of galingale is firmly planted in the forest floor. Singing a hauntingly beautiful melody, Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart, stands here. Towering high above is the Moonhart Mother Tree, stretching her enormous branches heavenwards. There are 5 armoured owls here. There are 12 centaur hunters here. There are 3 fierce timberwolves here. A mature birch tree stands proudly here. There are 14 kephera nature warders here. Hovering over a raised dais are two silver arrows, their long shafts crossed with the points aimed skywards. A striped badger is here, licking its paws. Its petals glistening with ice, a delicate snoefaasia orchid grows here from a clump of snow. There are 3 armoured badgers here. A moon maiden floats here, her form swathed in glowing cloth. An elfen guard strolls here, alert and vigilant. Covered in bone armour, a red fox stands here, cautiously listening to the surroundings. Reaching up as high as the eye can see looms the awesome presence of a living totem. In the shape of an open palm, a metallic sigil lies here. A platinum eye sigil is here. A massive stag stands here proudly, exuding a quiet confidence. An illustrated canvas hangs in the air here, supported by silvery ribbons. Druid Lehki Talnara, of the Rabid Beasts is here, shrouded. He wields a mystic cudgel in his left hand. Nocht, the Silent stands here, His features obscured behind a thin veil of shifting shadow.

You see exits leading north, south, and through a vined stairway.

Gabriella slowly turns her head, glancing over her shoulder.

Druid Lehki Talnara, of the Rabid Beasts says, "Something wrong?"

Distractedly, you say, "Wh - n-no."

Lehki peers about himself unscrupulously.

You say, "D-Da, I'll see you later."

You say, "I have some...some errands to run."

Lehki tilts his head curiously.

Lehki gives you a peck on the cheek.

Gabriella waves quickly and turns on her heel.

[some nervous wandering later]

Gabriella exhales and rests a nervous hand on top of a shrine of Maylea.

The Ellindel Memorial.

Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. Dense white clouds have spread completely across the sky. A crossroads of sorts has formed here from the many stone paths that weave between the flowerbeds. Different colours surround each path, a vibrant rainbow of flowers and shrubs. Only to the west is there no path, where the sheets of glass that make up the glass house rise up some forty feet to their top-most point. A marble sculpture of a beautiful elfen woman stands here, one arm reaching for the sky. Brilliant yellow sparks fly from the surface of a small shrine here, shadowed by clusters of sturdy snapdragons. Blinking a slow, gentle silver, a firefly rests here momentarily.

You see exits leading north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, and northwest.

[Missing a sentence here, I don't recall what it was]

You whisper, "Or...or at least.. You were..."

An icy hand rests upon yours as it lays upon the altar.

You have emoted: Gabriella inhales sharply, violet eyes going wide. Her fingers curl slowly against the surface of the shrine beneath the frigid touch, a sligh tremor running through her.

Composing herself, you say, "So...nice...of You to pay a visit. Might I ask what the occasion i-is?"

You shiver violently.

Chattering, as if to fill the silence, you say, "Ah, well, no matter. I do not really need to know why You are here. Social visits can be rather nice and all, but also very tiresome..."

You have emoted: Gabriella bites her lower lip, stifling her words as she shifts her hand slowly away from the altar.

The loud caw of a crow heralds its entrance, as it drops an elegant leaf of shadow-faded stationery into your hands, then disappears into the shadows.

You blink

Perhaps once a brilliant sheet of ivory parchment, this elegant letter has been darkened and shaded to the point where it seems to be born of the shadows themselves. The effect is so that clouds of darkness are faded into the parchment as an ominous background, beset with a swarthy pattern in which the imagination can conjure ominous shapes and visages. The shading of the parchment is too dark for black ink to be visible, necessitating the use of white or silver ink. A simple ribbon of grey silk binds the stationery when furled.

You read what is written on an elegant leaf of shadow-faded stationery:

Gabriella,

The caress of the shadows pulse a steady rhythm around hearts that are

tied to their true desires. To embrace them, the shadows, would mean

answering the heart's silent cries.

Allow yourself to know the Silence that calls us all deeper into the

shadows, where our greatest desires are made manifest in the forms of

truth, beauty, wisdom, and power.

Let the coven of Her dark grace be your guide.

Learn to be comfortable in the silence of the Night.

Signed,

D. Shee-Slaugh

You have emoted: Gabriella slowly smooths a hand over the stationery, fingers shaking slightly as she reads the message written within.

You close your eyes and inhale deeply, absorbing the scent of your surroundings.

Crumpling the stationery in her hands, you whisper, "I embrace no shadows. I embrace no Night."

You close your eyes and inhale deeply, absorbing the scent of your surroundings.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Nocht's lips.

The Ellindel Memorial.

Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. There is a moderate breeze here. A crossroads of sorts has formed here from the many stone paths that weave between the flowerbeds. Different colours surround each path, a vibrant rainbow of flowers and shrubs. Only to the west is there no path, where the sheets of glass that make up the glasshouse rise up some forty feet to their top-most point. A marble sculpture of a beautiful elfen woman stands here, one arm reaching for the sky. Brilliant yellow sparks fly from the surface of a small shrine here, shadowed by clusters of sturdy snapdragons. Blinking a slow, gentle silver, a firefly rests here momentarily. Nocht, the Silent stands here, His features obscured behind a thin veil of shifting shadow.

You see exits leading north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, and northwest.

You have emoted: Gabriella slowly turns and looks up at Nocht.

He is a radiant immortal and alternately imposing and unassuming as He lingers in the shadows, bringing the fabric of darkness to life with His very presence.  The stark ebony of His skin is unblemished and smooth, from the aristocratic contours of His face to the slender, musician's hands. Hair of pitch black spills down and around His shoulders with pinpricks of white that surround Him with an effervescent glimmer like starlight. The only colour in His stoic countenance, His eyes are a clear, ethereal blue, each pupil rimmed in a golden starburst which makes His silent, thoughtful gaze appear to pierce to the very soul. He is wearing a cloak woven from pure shadow, divine garments of black silk and a symbol of the Night.

Nocht, the Silent leans forward until His face is barely an inch away from yours.

Nocht, the Silent whispers to you, "I am patient, My little one, and as I told you so long ago: I do not forget."

You have emoted: Gabriella's breath catches in her throat, but she lifts her chin, and shaky though she may be, she does not withdraw as she gazes up at Nocht.

The surrounding shadows wane, falling back in despondent melancholy as the form of Nocht, the Silent dissolves into wisps of shadow.

You have emoted: Gabriella closes her eyes tightly.

You whisper, "Do not forget this, my Lord. I do not need, or need fear, the Night."

Several tendrils of violet light twist and turn their way violently through the skies above.

Violently twisting tendrils of violet light dance overhead as glowing symbols in the divine tongue burn themselves into your flesh. Your body is thrown into painful convulsions, and steam begins to rise from the runes as they melt away your flesh. Relief floods through you as the pain subsides in a flash of emerald light, yet the displeasure of Nocht still echoes clearly in your thoughts.

You give a horrified gasp.

You have emoted: Gabriella shakily sits down next to a small shrine with an audible thump.

--------
"You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
--------
The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Nocht is scaaaaary. In an awesome way.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Oh, He definitely is.  I really wish I had the first ever stalker-log of him - it was right after Gabby helped poison him, and super creepy.  I think  I might have it somewhere, but I'm not going to post it for like... a month. I apparently spammed everyone to death without realizing it. >.> I'M SORRY!
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."