QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• I thought that was the remains of someone who didn't move fast enough when the elevator came down....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Kethaera said:
    (Ad-Hoc): Keegan says, "Time to raise me as VD."
    (Ad-Hoc): You say, "Nice."
    (Ad-Hoc): Keegan says, "Ty."
    (Ad-Hoc): You say, "I hope you mean VA."
    (Ad-Hoc): Alexandria says, "He wants to be a disease, let him."
    @Alexandria made me giggle.
    Support growth. Don't control how they grow. ;)
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • Indcii Oolin, Apotheosis of Innovation draws herself up proudly, puffing her chest out and proclaiming, "Science!"

Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Czixi said:
    (Consortium): @Portius says, "Yes, true. Alas, the era of the door will probably continue for quite some time."
    Not if Indcii has anything to do with it.
  • (Peasantface): Xenthos (from the Realm of the Predator) says, "I hate consistency and staying true to form."

Xynthin showing his true colors?
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • 18:43:29.746[H:9135|100%][M:10206|89%][E:7740|100%][P:6(55)][__SB][1]
    Dys strikes at your body with a magnificent ruby scimitar.
    The ruddy light from the spinning garnet infuses you with clarity and confidence.
    You shrug off the effects of the poison.
    Dys's blade bites into your flesh.
    ||INSIGHT||
    18:43:29.748[H:8583|94%][M:10779|94%][E:7740|100%][P:6(55)][__SB][155]
    {M|+573, +5.0%}{H|-552, -6.0%}
    [Autocuring]: Curing 'bleeding' with 'clot 6'.
    You exert superior mental control and your wounds clot before your eyes.
    ||INSIGHT||
    18:43:30.008[H:8583|94%][M:10419|91%][E:7740|100%][P:6(55)][__SB][5]
    {M|-360, -3.1%}
    A small rift opens to your left out of which is thrust a scaled demonic fist, and another small rift
    opens to your right out of which glides a smooth angelic hand. Caught between the two, the black 
    fist blasts you with excruciating black fire while the angelic hand sends a cloud of churning white 
    energy that tears apart your flesh.
    You fall dead to the ground, one half of you crisped black and the other half frozen in a white
    char.
    You have been slain by Dys.
    Your spinning turquoise crystal twinkles out of existence.
    Your spinning garnet crystal twinkles out of existence.
    Your spinning beryl crystal twinkles out of existence.
    Your spinning opal crystal twinkles out of existence.
    Your spinning sapphire crystal twinkles out of existence.
    Your spinning jade crystal twinkles out of existence.
    Your spinning emerald crystal twinkles out of existence.
    Your spinning amethyst crystal twinkles out of existence.
    Your spinning bloodstone crystal twinkles out of existence.
    Your spinning diamond crystal twinkles out of existence.
    Your spinning onyx crystal twinkles out of existence.
    Your spinning ruby crystal twinkles out of existence.
    You no longer hear the world through your truehearing.
    You no longer see the world through your sixth sense.
    A swirling force begins to tug at your soul and the world spins around you.

lol
  • Wait but dijon mustard is named for a region in france
    design police, arrest this bug
  • Kalnid said:
    Wait but dijon mustard is named for a region in france
    you have to catch me fir-- *immediately trips*
    I thought about it after I had already said it. Maybe it is something they invented in Delport!!
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Gurashi said:
    Kalnid said:
    Wait but dijon mustard is named for a region in france
    you have to catch me fir-- *immediately trips*
    I thought about it after I had already said it. Maybe it is something they invented in Delport!!
    No, Dijon is just a guy in Delport. A guy who really likes sharp mustard.
  • A pigetheon, if you will?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Wouldn't be a Portius if it wasn't just a little blasphemous.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Daraius said:
    Wouldn't be a Portius if it wasn't just a little blasphemous.
    Ah, but is it truly blasphemous? Are not birds the noblest of creatures? It is so! Then why should any god be angered by the comparison? Perhaps because pigeons are vermin? Well, that is no insult to the gods. After all, I'm not belittling them. I am elevating the pigeon. They are vermin, but they are divine vermin, far better than the rats, weevils, and lizards that those other nations have to tolerate. We're better than them, even our vermin are better than them. This painting is clearly an expression of Hallifaxian superiority over foreign cultures. You do think we're superior, don't you? Don't you, comrade?

Or some such thing. I have at least until I happen to log in at the same time as a Halligod to come up with my excuse. Beyond the actual excuse of it being funny.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Pondering the egg, you say, "Perhaps it will know puns, too."
    Nightmare of the Glomdoring, Avurekhos Feyranti, Crimson Fist of Luciphage says, "The egg doesn't fall too far from the Warlord after all."
    Nightmare of the Glomdoring, Avurekhos Feyranti, Crimson Fist of Luciphage says, "Expect a pun if you kill someone with the wyrm."
    Nightmare of the Glomdoring, Avurekhos Feyranti, Crimson Fist of Luciphage says, "You have received ample warning."
    Nightmare of the Glomdoring, Avurekhos Feyranti, Crimson Fist of Luciphage says, "Just like me wyrming my way into another pun."
  • Bent and curved at seemingly impossible angles, the Discordant Rod of Chaos has lies here.

I had no idea it was capable of such things.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• edited July 2019
    Daraius said:
    deconstruct drapes
    You order the deconstruction of gossamer amber drapes. Some burly workers come in and begin smashing it apart with heavy mallets.
    Gossamer amber drapes falls to pieces.
    The burly workers collect the debris and leave, one of them tipping his hat to you on his way out.

This is so goofy and I love it every time.  :D
    Facet Merlose says, "You just... have a crew of men with hammers on call?"
    Alexandria glances around casually, clearly thinking nothing of the matter. "Of course. Don't you?"

Edit: I had just deconstructed something in front of her, obviously...

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• A simple oaken pipe tells you, "You should get together with the Soulless Gods."

RUDE.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • *put pipe in nexus*
    *outr 1 wood*
    *woodcraft pipe*
    Tell me your opinion, little pipe.

• A ball of sparkly luminescence catches an iridescent white cat in a burst of light and draws it up into your hands.
    An iridescent white cat leaps out of your hands!

hah! Didn't know the balls/yoyo's could grab  the cats! That's awesome.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:

A ball of sparkly luminescence catches an iridescent white cat in a burst of light and draws it up into your hands.
    An iridescent white cat leaps out of your hands!

hah! Didn't know the balls/yoyo's could grab  the cats! That's awesome.
    Gets the chickens too!! :D