Hi!

So, what did I miss? (Besides the fact that there are completely new guilds now?)

Comments

• Not sure how long you've been gone, but the most recent thing is timequakes, which are essentially rifts in the fabric of time that produce anomalies which can be used for personal empowerment or to advance research for one of the guilds in your city.

Dingbats are gone, as are any forms of personal commodity generation. Dingbats have been replaced by aethergoop, though. Also, bound credits can now be earned in-game, according to various actions you might take with participation in various activities including hunting, influence, questing, and the conflict mechanics like revolts and such.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Hey! Thanks for the reply, Tridemon. <3

Weren't there manse improvements you could buy, gardens I think, or maybe flowerpots??, that would grow herbs and flowers and stuff? I seem to recall that. Those are gone then? 

And I saw the daily credits when I was doing some collegium questing last night. Is aethergoop just dingbats by another name or is it completely different?
  • So goop is the successor to dingbats, though they ran side-by-side for a while. Anything that was a dingbat item is now a goop item, and some have shared cost between goop and credits. I'll send you a message here on the forums so you can ping me for anything you might need in game.
  • Makai said:
    So goop is the successor to dingbats, though they ran side-by-side for a while. Anything that was a dingbat item is now a goop item, and some have shared cost between goop and credits. I'll send you a message here on the forums so you can ping me for anything you might need in game
    Mostly I just need to wrap my head around all the changes. The guild thing got me good when I logged on. lol I kind of like the idea of there being lots of different classes in guilds, though it is odd at the same time, cause it's so different from what I remember. 
  • The manse garden and the flowerpot artifact produce flowers now.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Well if you've got specific questions, I've got the time and probably the knowledge. I'm sure if there's a gap someone will fill in, community is good for that! So the guilds are definitely more social than they once were, with their only importance (outside of RP and Org Idealogy) is playing host to a research project. HELP TIMEQUAKES and HELP RESEARCH can get you a few ideas on what's up. Depending on your level range, daily credits can be a snap to a hard challenge. Being under 60 is a cake walk, but doesn't last too long. Being under Titan you can get influence/bash tickets super quick, to where I was doing two bash ticks, a power quest, and challenge 4-5 honours quest in the span of two hours at longest.
  • Holy crap, it's a Noola! Welcome back :)

You're not the only one coming back after having been gone forever, but like others said, the community is generally helpful and asking questions will go a long way to understand all the changes that happened during your absence.