Simple questions?

Comments

• Does anyone have available a description of an Illithoid's inner worm? Or bash the prison somewhat regularly? I don't really want to earn an enemy status just for this one thing.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Kethaera said:
    Does anyone have available a description of an Illithoid's inner worm? Or bash the prison somewhat regularly? I don't really want to earn an enemy status just for this one thing.
    a slithering inner worm

Covered in dark green blood, the slithering inner worm of an illithoid coils menacingly, its sharp teeth gnashing wildly.

This slithering inner worm is a pale, milky white, its skin glistening wetly with dark green blood from the insides of its illithoid host. The inner worm is sightless, yet senses at the air with psionic energies that send slight tingles through your body. Its large, muscular maw is filled with gnashing, razor sharp teeth that snap hungrily for a victim.

The corpse of an inner worm lies in a pool of green blood, torn brutally apart.

A blood-covered inner worm wriggles hungrily towards you from the north.

With one final, vicious snap at the air with its teeth, an inner worm wriggles to the east.
  • Thank you, @Maylea!
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Is there an help file somewhere that lists the commands to setup events in arenas? My character was recently appointed a Culture aide and I've been trying to setup activities like FFA and such but this isn't really intuitive. Typing ARENA just brings a message saying:

Syntax: ARENA <command> [arena] [properties][values].
    Possible commands are: SET, SETUP, SHOW, RESET, DEPOSIT, and WITHDRAW.

What is the difference between SET and SETUP? What should be entered in 'properties' and 'values'? I've been trying to figure it out by myself but all my attempts end up bringing up that same message again.

Help please?
  • Raughlin said:
    Is there an help file somewhere that lists the commands to setup events in arenas? My character was recently appointed a Culture aide and I've been trying to setup activities like FFA and such but this isn't really intuitive. Typing ARENA just brings a message saying:

What is the difference between SET and SETUP? What should be entered in 'properties' and 'values'? I've been trying to figure it out by myself but all my attempts end up bringing up that same message again.

Help please?
    It is under HELP CULTURE MINISTER as you need to an aide to that ministry to run events.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Raughlin said:
    Is there an help file somewhere that lists the commands to setup events in arenas? My character was recently appointed a Culture aide and I've been trying to setup activities like FFA and such but this isn't really intuitive. Typing ARENA just brings a message saying:

Help please?
    It is under HELP CULTURE MINISTER as you need to an aide to that ministry to run events.
    THANK YOU!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Can influencing with amnesty for someone else ever result in full removal of an enemy status?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    Can influencing with amnesty for someone else ever result in full removal of an enemy status?
    Yes.
  • So, sometimes when I'm wandering around, instead of seeing, "So-and-so the Magnificent is here, wielding a bone club" or what have you, I see something like "A baleful crow perches here, crimson eyes piercing in their glare." (Sorry Xenthos, you were handy for an example lol). 

What's doing that? I don't remember anything like that.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    There are costumes in the game now.  I forget which came first; curio costumes or divine stoles.  Either way, they were around the same time I think.  You can wear them and they change your appearance on look.  You can figure out who is wearing them with WHO HERE though, and their effect disappears if the person wearing them loses masochism.
    A lot more costumes have come into the game since then.  That specific one is a brooch from the Wheel (spinning coins can give you fortune cookies, eat the fortune cookie for an artifact, one of the possibilities are an array of costume brooches).
  • Adding to Xenthos' answer: Fortune Brooches all give a buff. Given that you can't turn off the stole effect, people all look like various things because you aren't going to not have a buff.
  • And they're customizable? That's neat!
  • Noola said:
    And they're customizable? That's neat!
    No, they are not. They have set stole effects and buffs. HELP FORTUNE BROOCHES lists the buffs they can give. For example, the baleful crow is from the Brooch of Crow Feathers.
  • Ah. Well, it's still neat. I don't think I've run across two people with the same one yet, which is why I assumed they were customizable. That and Xenthos's just seemed so perfect. lol
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited July 2019
    Noola said:
    Ah. Well, it's still neat. I don't think I've run across two people with the same one yet, which is why I assumed they were customizable. That and Xenthos's just seemed so perfect. lol
    There are a LOT of options by now, and many people like to pick one appropriate to them.  Some people pick weird ones just for fun, though.
    Edit: For example, there is a whole line of Halloween costumes (you can only buy them at Halloween).  Things like spiders, skeletons, and such.
  • Something to look forward to at Halloween then! :smiley:
  • Note that only the Brooches have a buff, the Goop costumes and stoles don't. Some/all? stoles are limited to certain divine orders. Like Shikari has 4 or so stoles that make their wearer look like some type of savage. We've have multiple Savages standing around the Ravenwood more than once, though that was mostly before the Brooches[which anyone can use regardless of your org, so serens can look like Crow and Glommies could look like Stag]. 

There are some halloween themed costumes(ghosts, skeletons, zombies).

There are some coin/leaf/blending in sort of costumes.

There are also a few simulacrum costumes from an event(anyone around for it got a sheet of skin they can wear as costume).

There is a zombie[?] skin[?] that makes you actually count as undead so you can influence them, I think it's in the Artifact Shop.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• You can own/wear all the brooches for all the buffs. What you look like is determined by the first costume in your inventory. So I have a couple of brooches, but look like a Savage cause my stole is the first item. Etc.
  • Synl said:
    You can own/wear all the brooches for all the buffs. What you look like is determined by the first costume in your inventory. So I have a couple of brooches, but look like a Savage cause my stole is the first item. Etc.
    I didn't actually know that, it's cool, thanks!

• Xenthos said:
    There are costumes in the game now.  I forget which came first; curio costumes or divine stoles.  Either way, they were around the same time I think. 
    Curio masks came first, with the solstice dragon mask during the War of the Wheel.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Will iyamoru reagent (changes sex of beast) change just the pronouns? Or will it change the description of a beast as well?
  • I can't think of any beast with gender based descriptions?
    So it should just change the pronouns?

• Some beasts are highly gendered, including with vastly different descriptions. Others are not.
  • So, is there any actual "speed limit" with celerity outside of latency or buffing options? I'm up to +9 and curious just how much higher it can go.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    You're living the dream.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Jolanthe said:
    So, is there any actual "speed limit" with celerity outside of latency or buffing options? I'm up to +9 and curious just how much higher it can go.
    Prettuy sure it's ona 10/10 system like other things?
    YOu might be able to artifact up to 13/10 in that case? Maybe?

• The limit is how much you can get, there's no hard cap.
  • Can commune/city shops be expanded to more than 500 items? 
    I know aethershops can go to 1000 items, wasn't sure about commune/city shops.
  • Ani said:
    Can commune/city shops be expanded to more than 500 items? 
    Yes. It costs 1 million gold per expansion, and the gold must be processed through the city/commune. Can't recall if it has to be in the appropriate ministry's funds, but in Gaudiguch I just deposited it to the city and the rest was processed for me.

• Ani said:
    Can commune/city shops be expanded to more than 500 items? 
    Yes, iirc the base was something like 250. They should be patron request-able